Forum
[SOLVED] How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty (/thread-1213.html)

How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty - deckoff - 9th Aug, 2013 04:48 PM

I know that I every time I log into tty/ssh the command line of xbian config starts. Sometimes I would like to exit it and then re-start it. How do I do that xbian-config will not start it for me.I want to be able to start it form tty, thank you Wink

Re: How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty - rikardo1979 - 9th Aug, 2013 05:03 PM

Terminal
xbian-config

RE: How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty - IriDium - 9th Aug, 2013 06:18 PM

Terminal
sudo xbian-config
sudo stop xbmc
sudo start xbmc

or you can restart xbmc from within xbian-config
3) Services

RE: How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty - deckoff - 9th Aug, 2013 09:37 PM

Sudo did the trick. I am kind of puzzled, why
Code:
which xbian-config
will not give anything? I am learning linux system, and I want to learn it. Nor will
Code:
sudo -i
, then
Code:
which xbian-config

produce any entry....

Please, answer and help me learn, I wanna be a linux sysadmin some day =)
The commands given in the previous post WORK.
What I want to know is, why
Code:
which
command never gives the full path to xbian-config.
Commands that are intended to be run by superusers only usually give "operation not permitted or something" but xbian-config never does that.

RE: How to start xbian-config and xbmc service from tty - rikardo1979 - 9th Aug, 2013 10:20 PM

(9th Aug, 2013 09:37 PM)deckoff Wrote:  Sudo did the trick. I am kind of puzzled, why
Code:
which "xbian-confing"
will not give anything? I am learning linux system, and I want to learn it. Nor will
Code:
sudo -i
Code:
which xbin-config

produce any entry....

Please, answer and help me learn, I wanna be a linux sysadmin some day =)

you have just mistyped the commands
once you in terminal copy/paste this into it

Terminal
sudo xbian-config
it will ask for password so just retype raspberry and enter