Forum
Hanging when on network - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Hanging when on network (/thread-1219.html)

Hanging when on network - dmantampfl - 11th Aug, 2013 02:34 AM

Hi,
I recently upgraded to beta. I deiced to go for complete scan of my movies again. But when I am doing network operaion (downloading addon) or scanning for new changes and downloading artwork, xbian hangs in 15-20 minutes. But this does not happen when I watch movies. The last line I see XBMC log, during scanning is.

Terminal

16:15:59 T:2896041024 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/.actors

When it was hanging for addon download, there was no error seen in the log. When it is hanging I cannot ping the system

This line repeats few times. I intially suspected power consumption issues. But then found out that it actually not. My raspberry is connected directly to a external powered HDD (3.5"). Wifi dongle, woreless keybaord reciever is connected to a external powered USB hub. Raspberry PI itself is powered by a 2A power supply.

RE: Hanging when on network - Skywatch - 11th Aug, 2013 04:35 AM

Try removing all the USB devices and plugging the pi into a wired network port and try again.

I have had some issues today with one of my pi's and it looks like it *might* be related to the usb hub (that I have only had for a few weeks).

Let us know how you get on.

skywatch

RE: Hanging when on network - dmantampfl - 11th Aug, 2013 03:56 PM

Hi,
thank you very much for suggestion. In fact it was really a device issue. But not with the hub, with the wifi dongle. I bought a new one and it works fine. I see few issues though. When I try to open plugin like Khans academy, TED or youtube, it takes a long time to open. The addon Khan's academy cause the system to swith to terminal when I press ESC with login prompt after waiting for a long time to open. I have to reboot. I see somebody posted similar issues with youtube. Anyway they are not high priority for me.