Forum
[SOLVED] 720p hangs - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] 720p hangs (/thread-1220.html)

720p hangs - Lupurus - 11th Aug, 2013 08:06 PM

Hi,
I just searched for this problem, but I couldn't find a solution.
I'm using beta 1.1 and if I play 720p movies (streamed over network from a smb-share), the video pauses for 2 seconds every 10-15 seconds. In alpha 4 with XBMC 12.0, it works absolutely perfect. I've read, that the new xbian version calculates the buffer on it's own. Maybe this is the problem? Can I increase the buffer? I already tried to increase it in the advancedsettings.xml, but this didn't help.

Re: 720p hangs - f1vefour - 12th Aug, 2013 12:54 AM

You wouldn't happen to have a router with jumbo frames enabled?

Also check my signature and post the proper information so we can see what's happening.

RE: 720p hangs - Lupurus - 12th Aug, 2013 02:20 AM

It's not a problem with my router. As I said: It worked on Xbian Alpha 4 withouth any problems.
I don't know what you want to say with the reference to your signature: The FAQs don't answer my question, as well I didn't find any hints at searching the forum.

Re: RE: 720p hangs - f1vefour - 12th Aug, 2013 02:54 AM

(12th Aug, 2013 02:20 AM)Lupurus Wrote:  It's not a problem with my router. As I said: It worked on Xbian Alpha 4 withouth any problems.
I don't know what you want to say with the reference to your signature: The FAQs don't answer my question, as well I didn't find any hints at searching the forum.

If your network shares aren't mounted could you please try this and see if it resolves your issue.

The specifics of your setup, output from XBMC with debug logging enabled...etc is what I was needing.

http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-9.html

RE: 720p hangs - Lupurus - 17th Aug, 2013 08:12 PM

Ok, I tried a little bit and I found out, that it has to be a problem with large avi files. I have some old h264-files in avi-containers (I know, very bad). My newer files (h264 in mp4) works very fine. Strange.