Forum
[SOLVED] (FIXED) CEC not working after RPi crash - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] (FIXED) CEC not working after RPi crash (/thread-1236.html)

Pages: 1 2

(FIXED) CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 15th Aug, 2013 02:37 PM

HDMI-CEC has been working perfectly for months for me. Up until yesterday. I was watching a movie I had to pause cause I had a visitor.
After about 30-45 minutes I wanted to resume the movie, but XBian wasn't responding to either my CEC-remote or Yatse remote control for Android.

After I SSH'ed in and "sudo reboot"-ed, I found out I couldn't use HDMI-CEC anymore.
Is there any way to backtrack what went wrong here?

XBMC.log is http://pastebin.com/dtg2mwk9 here

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 15th Aug, 2013 06:36 PM

(15th Aug, 2013 02:37 PM)Smultie Wrote:  HDMI-CEC has been working perfectly for months for me. Up until yesterday. I was watching a movie I had to pause cause I had a visitor.
After about 30-45 minutes I wanted to resume the movie, but XBian wasn't responding to either my CEC-remote or Yatse remote control for Android.

After I SSH'ed in and "sudo reboot"-ed, I found out I couldn't use HDMI-CEC anymore.
Is there any way to backtrack what went wrong here?

XBMC.log is http://pastebin.com/dtg2mwk9 here

not sure, it might be just and coincident that part of your HW failure(HDMI Ports or cable) or anything else.
Have you tried run cec-config command to check if you can get it working ?(not available anymore, sorry my bad)
Also if you have another SD card try a fresh image and see if the CEC working or no.
Other than these, no idea pal

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - mk01 - 15th Aug, 2013 07:17 PM

@Smultie

I can just confirm it happened to me as well once. As Rikardo proposed, cec-config could be the way, but unfortunately cec-config is no longer part of CEC package with newer releases (it has been removed from upstream repository, not by Xbian team).

it that case, I was able to restore it by stopping XBMC, removing /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml and starting XBMC again. hope this helps.

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 15th Aug, 2013 07:38 PM

(15th Aug, 2013 07:17 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @Smultie

but unfortunately cec-config is no longer part of CEC package with newer releases (it has been removed from upstream repository, not by Xbian team).

oh, sorry for my miss leading info here, my apology .. as you know I have been lock in hospital for almost 2 months so I do not have the access to RPi Sad so basically I do most of the responses just from my memory and without ability to try myself

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 15th Aug, 2013 08:04 PM

(15th Aug, 2013 07:17 PM)mk01 Wrote:  it that case, I was able to restore it by stopping XBMC, removing /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml and starting XBMC again. hope this helps.

- or also you may edit this file if you know how to do (some basics about values for libCEC on Pulse-eight FAQs)

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 15th Aug, 2013 08:07 PM

I can just confirm it happened to me as well once. As Rikardo proposed, cec-config could be the way, but unfortunately cec-config is no longer part of CEC package with newer releases (it has been removed from upstream repository, not by Xbian team).

it that case, I was able to restore it by stopping XBMC, removing /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml and starting XBMC again. hope this helps.

Thanks, will try that!

Will let you know the outcome of course!

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 16th Aug, 2013 01:10 AM

I'm afraid rpi_2708_1001.xml doesn't come back after restarting XBMC. Reboot didn't help either!

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 16th Aug, 2013 02:12 AM

did you make a backup of the file or did you look into it and can tell what was the settings ?

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 16th Aug, 2013 02:20 AM

Not really no. I do have a backup and it looked different from what it was yesterday.
After fiddling a bit with cables and devices connected to the TV it now works again ><

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 16th Aug, 2013 02:24 AM

(16th Aug, 2013 02:20 AM)Smultie Wrote:  Not really no. I do have a backup and it looked different from what it was yesterday.
After fiddling a bit with cables and devices connected to the TV it now works again ><

so as my first thoughts, the HW part Wink nice one m8
If you dont mind could you change thread prefix to Solved please?
-thx-

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 16th Aug, 2013 02:59 AM

Not really sure if it was that, though.
Just turned the TV on, CEC not working.

As soon as I turn the cable-box on, CEC works again on the Pi.
Yesterday there was a big firmware upgrade for my cable-provider (UPC). Could it be that a firmware update from my cable-box changed CEC and somehow broke it?
Can I change anything to make CEC work on my Pi again even when the cable-box is off?

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 16th Aug, 2013 03:44 AM

i have red somewhere about similar issue where other device interfere somehow, but cant remember where did I see it. My best guess would be to go to libCEC forum and give it a search or ask there.

You may try swap the HDMI devices on inputs(like move RPi from HDMI1 to HDMI2) on your TV/AVR. But this is just a blind shot Wink

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 16th Aug, 2013 05:27 AM

Well, this is now officially driving me crazy. Rikardo, I know you got a Panasonic as well. Could you show me your Raspberry Pi and Panasonic settings related to HDMI-CEC?

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - rikardo1979 - 16th Aug, 2013 06:16 AM

(16th Aug, 2013 05:27 AM)Smultie Wrote:  Well, this is now officially driving me crazy. Rikardo, I know you got a Panasonic as well. Could you show me your Raspberry Pi and Panasonic settings related to HDMI-CEC?

believe me, I wish I could http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1045-post-13347.html#pid13347 but I have no access to my RPi neither TV. And I have a good memory but this is a bit to much to dig out Smile
Sorry m8 I cant help better this time, but as soon as I get home I may look into it. Only thing is that its not gonna be any soon and Im afraid you may just find the answers by than elsewhere

RE: CEC not working after RPi crash - Smultie - 16th Aug, 2013 06:24 AM

Damn, terribly sorry to read that. I didn't know...
I'm not really sure in what stage you are, so I don't know 'get well soon' is an appropriate thing to say, but I truly hope you're in as good a shape as possible.