Forum
[None XBian related ! ]Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [None XBian related ! ]Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server (/thread-1241.html)

[None XBian related ! ]Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - tsch - 16th Aug, 2013 05:38 PM

Hello,

i leave my pi powered on 7x24. I've mapped some drives of my win-server which is powerded of, when I don't need it. I wake up the server via WOL (XBMC) which works without problems.
But when I want to open the mapped drive the other day after waking up the server (which is awake in seconds) I have to restart XBMC severel time before I can access the mapping.

What's wrong here?

Thanks a lot for your help.

kind regards

TSCH

RE: Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - IriDium - 17th Aug, 2013 03:02 AM

Can you provide a few details as requested in "Please read before you post" in my signature.

Especially Version, log files, dmesg output and more importantly "what you did before it didn't work"

As it DID work and now it doesn't, something must have changed!. Xbian is not in the habit of reconfiguring itself.

RE: Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - tsch - 17th Aug, 2013 07:34 PM

@IriDium

Thanks a lot for your quicke response.

I've to admit that I'm LINUX-Noob, so I have to read a bit to provide you with the details.

It didn't work before, I just switched off the pi but since there is no chance to wake it up/power it on and I don't like to get off my couch ;-) I had the idea (low power consumption) to keep the pi switched on.

Since I use this configuration, pi switched on all the time an win (8) fileserver in suspend mode switched on by WOL (over pi) I have the problems described.

I'll post the details when I'm ready.

Kind regards

TSCH

RE: Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - tsch - 17th Aug, 2013 08:45 PM

Software
XBian version: newest stable
XBMC version: 12.2
Overclock settings: Fast

Hardware
Power supply rating:
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B 512MB
SD card size and make/type: 16GB
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN 1GBit
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): LG TV, Win 8 (fileserver)

Logile
Link to logfile(s):

link removed for safety

Kind regards

TSCH

RE: Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - rikardo1979 - 17th Aug, 2013 09:12 PM

are you sure you running XBian? As I can see in log that you running Raspbmc

RE: Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - belese - 17th Aug, 2013 09:23 PM

Also don't know if you samba user/pwd is only for your samba share,
but your password and username are in log. If login/password is just for your samba share, it's not too important as it is local to your network,but if you use that credential for other web application (mail, ...), it could be a problem as they are clear in log.

RE: Can't connect to mapped drive after WOL server - tsch - 17th Aug, 2013 09:31 PM

@rikardo1979 Offline

Oops, you're right. Will change to the raspbmc-community.

Thanks a lot, I'll be back if I change to xbian again.

Kind regards

TSCH