Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread (/thread-1258.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - f1vefour - 27th Jul, 2013 01:04 PM

(27th Jul, 2013 01:01 PM)fischwrap Wrote:  Does anyone run MLBMC (MLB.TV add-on) on this build? After a fresh install it worked perfectly, but after a reboot, it stalls after taking forever to load. It's been sitting at the "opening stream" window for going on 10 minutes now...

Sounds like it could be an overloaded stream, you know on the weekend things slow down.

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - fischwrap - 27th Jul, 2013 01:54 PM

(27th Jul, 2013 01:04 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  
(27th Jul, 2013 01:01 PM)fischwrap Wrote:  Does anyone run MLBMC (MLB.TV add-on) on this build? After a fresh install it worked perfectly, but after a reboot, it stalls after taking forever to load. It's been sitting at the "opening stream" window for going on 10 minutes now...

Sounds like it could be an overloaded stream, you know on the weekend things slow down.

I don't think so, it happens mid week too. Could be Comcast I guess

dbus does not start at boot - guennti - 29th Jul, 2013 10:40 PM

Hey there,
in my Xbian 1.0b1.1 installation the dbus does not start at boot.
I tried all hints in this forum:
- changed dbus.conf (removed "and started frandom")
- added "frandom" to /etc/modules

additionally I
- added S12dbus to /etc/rc2.d
- tried to add something like "echo message >> /dbus.log" to beginning of /etc/init.d/dbus, but /dbus.log is always empty. It seems that the startscript is not executed?

Without /etc/rc2.d/S12dbus dmesg shows this message:
"init: Unable to connect to the system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory"
With this S12dbus dmesg does not have any message about the dbus.
Maybe the /run is not available at this time?

Doe you have any other Idea?

Because dbus is not running, the avahi is not available and therefor there is no AirPlay.

Bests regards
guennti

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - IriDium - 29th Jul, 2013 11:04 PM

(29th Jul, 2013 10:40 PM)guennti Wrote:  Hey there,
in my Xbian 1.0b1.1 installation the dbus does not start at boot.
I tried all hints in this forum:
- changed dbus.conf (removed "and started frandom")
- added "frandom" to /etc/modules

additionally I
- added S12dbus to /etc/rc2.d
- tried to add something like "echo message >> /dbus.log" to beginning of /etc/init.d/dbus, but /dbus.log is always empty. It seems that the startscript is not executed?

Without /etc/rc2.d/S12dbus dmesg shows this message:
"init: Unable to connect to the system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory"
With this S12dbus dmesg does not have any message about the dbus.
Maybe the /run is not available at this time?

Doe you have any other Idea?

Because dbus is not running, the avahi is not available and therefor there is no AirPlay.

Bests regards
guennti
Already noted.
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/432

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - thedude459 - 30th Jul, 2013 08:12 AM

With this release xbian isn't picking up my sql database. With openelec I had to delay startup for 10 seconds so the network could start. Should I have to do this with this as well? I am running an unraid that is hard lined but the pi is wifi.

Re: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - f1vefour - 30th Jul, 2013 08:57 AM

Yes you should try adding rootwait=20 in /boot/cmdline.txt and reboot.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - thedude459 - 30th Jul, 2013 11:07 PM

Ok I will try that. I never had to add this before, any reason why the latest release needs this to be added? Alpha 5 worked fine.

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - rikardo1979 - 30th Jul, 2013 11:24 PM

(30th Jul, 2013 11:07 PM)thedude459 Wrote:  Ok I will try that. I never had to add this before, any reason why the latest release needs this to be added? Alpha 5 worked fine.

because the new release boots fast as lightening Wink

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - f1vefour - 30th Jul, 2013 11:34 PM

(30th Jul, 2013 11:24 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(30th Jul, 2013 11:07 PM)thedude459 Wrote:  Ok I will try that. I never had to add this before, any reason why the latest release needs this to be added? Alpha 5 worked fine.

because the new release boots fast as lightening Wink

That was my reasoning for adding rootwait Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Fred - 30th Jul, 2013 11:58 PM

Isn't the rootwait parameter only for defining how long the RPi should wait for the root partition to come up?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - CurlyMo - 31st Jul, 2013 01:45 AM

@Fred, no it waits until the hardware device has settled.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 31st Jul, 2013 03:49 PM

(19th Jul, 2013 09:47 AM)xbmajx Wrote:  
Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $  lsattr /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database

Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ lsattr /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/CDDB

ok, can you try to force them as noCoW? stop xbmc, rename the Database dir, then create empty Database, put +C flag on it and with cp, copy files from the renamed Database dir to the new one. newly created files should get the +C flag from upper directory (so from new Database)

the command could be like this
Code:
1) stop xbmc
2) mv /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database.bck
3) mkdir /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database
4) chattr +C /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database
5) cp /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database.bck /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database

then recheck with lsattr, the last "-" in the previous listing should turn to "C" for the files. like this:

Code:
root@xbian:~# lsattr /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/
---------------C /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/CDDB
---------------C /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons15.db

(30th Jul, 2013 08:12 AM)thedude459 Wrote:  With this release xbian isn't picking up my sql database. With openelec I had to delay startup for 10 seconds so the network could start. Should I have to do this with this as well? I am running an unraid that is hard lined but the pi is wifi.

log into xbian via ssh, do a "sudo nano /etc/init/xbmc-preloader.conf" and update "start on" stanza accordingly. you options to try could be:

1) add "and net-device-up wlan0"
or
2) add "and started networking"

perhaps other ways as well. I would prefer the first one. try it and report. currently there is possible to define system processes xbmc should wait for (/etc/default/xbmc), we can add for beta2 config option for interfaces needed to be up, or try to get them from network configuration automatically. let's see.

(29th Jul, 2013 10:40 PM)guennti Wrote:  Doe you have any other Idea?

don't add sysvinit script for dbus to rc2.d, it will cause your xbian not to shutdown/reboot properly.

with the changes you did it should be running fine… log into RPI, do a "wget http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/a.sh", run the a.sh script and send me created /tmp/setup.xbian.tar.gz file to matuskral at me dot com.

I will review the logs.

(26th Jul, 2013 11:40 PM)thedude459 Wrote:  I had to do a fresh install and I can confirm that special characters in the password and spaces in the SSID work.

thanks for feedback.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 31st Jul, 2013 10:43 PM

(21st Jul, 2013 01:10 PM)Pawlisko Wrote:  I tried to exit from xbmc and I can't get into log-in screen. I just see messages from boot (?)
Staring Openswan IPsec (list of errors)

I think there is something wrong with either L2TP packages or with xBian. Again on a5 worked without any problem.

Unfortunately I have to have both L2TP and OpenVPN for my clients.

if you quits xbmc and see just the "boot messages" (starting services notifications), that means, that not all from /etc/rcS.d and /etc/rc2.d are started - so getty doesn't get started on tty1. tty2 doesn't have this limitation, you can switch to it with keyboard.

you could easily boot into single user mode and remove the links in /etc/rcS.d and /etc/rc2.d and go one by one which is causing this. but this makes no sense as very probably I already spend days pin-pointing this during beta2 preparations.

if you are fine with spending yet more 2h, then reimage the card, remove the xbian.org mirror from sources.list, replace with devel repo, create snapshot, reboot to it and run update including xbian-update (so beta2).

I can't promise your ipsec & l2tp setup will work right away, but all the issues we (you and me) discuss here are solved or processed differently. on top of that, I migrated almost all standard services / scripts from rcS and rc2 to upstart (which makes the boot process & console creation not lineary depended anymore), ntp is fixed, etc etc etc.

i don't have the ipsec installed anymore, reinstalled yesterday during testing beta2 update, but ipsec was running fine (to the extend of started and ready to receive call-ins through ipsec tunneled l2tp (what I didn't try).

encrypted connections are sensitive to very precise timing and synchronized clocks on the side of client and server so the ntp issue can be cause to issues (although you didn't specify them last time).

so please go through opening post here http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1121-post-12801.html#pid12801, I would be even preferring installing it over your non-working beta 1 (1.1).

clean image reinstall is something I can simulate internally, but user's custom installs is something what makes the difference. I would appreciate.

br,
Matus

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - guennti - 1st Aug, 2013 02:54 AM

(31st Jul, 2013 03:49 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(29th Jul, 2013 10:40 PM)guennti Wrote:  Doe you have any other Idea?
don't add sysvinit script for dbus to rc2.d, it will cause your xbian not to shutdown/reboot properly.

with the changes you did it should be running fine… log into RPI, do a "wget http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/a.sh", run the a.sh script and send me created /tmp/setup.xbian.tar.gz file to matuskral at me dot com.

I removed the init script, did a clean reboot and sent the requested file.

Edit: got a quick answer:
Quote:remove whole file /etc/init/dbus.override
"rm /etc/init/dbus.override"
this did the trick!

Thanks a lot to matuskral

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - slovdahl - 2nd Aug, 2013 02:44 AM

AirPlay stopped working for me after updating from beta 1.0 to 1.1 as well. I have tried all fixes mentioned in the thread and dbus and avahi are running now, but it still doesn't work. My iPad mini recognizes XBian as a AirPlay receiver, but when I choose XBian in eg. Spotify the music just goes silent, and after a while it times out and switches back to playing on the iPad.

And by the way.. I hope people realize that the file created by the script mk01 links to frequently (http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/a.sh) can contain sensitive data like passwords for NFS/SMB shares, FTP servers, and so on.. @mk01, maybe you could exclude .xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml and sources.xml at least?