Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread (/thread-1258.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - shiquanwang - 7th Aug, 2013 04:58 PM

Before installing xbian, I'm very interested to know if the TL-WN725N works out of the box with XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 or not.

If not, is there a clear guide about how to solve the issue?

Many thanks.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - IriDium - 7th Aug, 2013 07:02 PM

(7th Aug, 2013 04:58 PM)shiquanwang Wrote:  Before installing xbian, I'm very interested to know if the TL-WN725N works out of the box with XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 or not.

Many thanks.

See http://forum.xbian.org/thread-866.html

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - obo - 7th Aug, 2013 09:05 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 07:31 PM)wifi86 Wrote:  I just try to update from beta 1 to the new 1.1 version and I get an error similar to the one Jehali has said but with the ifupdown interface, any ideas how to solve it? 'cos i can only think of trying a fresh install...

This did the trick for me:
Code:
sudo insserv -d urandom

That turns the urandom daemon on by default, which is what the error message was complaining about. Earlier XBian versions probably had it disabled as part of cutting the system down to the bare minimum.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - shiquanwang - 8th Aug, 2013 01:42 AM

Thanks.

I also followed this post http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1114-post-12883.html#pid12883

(7th Aug, 2013 07:02 PM)IriDium Wrote:  
(7th Aug, 2013 04:58 PM)shiquanwang Wrote:  Before installing xbian, I'm very interested to know if the TL-WN725N works out of the box with XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 or not.

Many thanks.

See http://forum.xbian.org/thread-866.html

Beta 1.1 feedback - obo - 8th Aug, 2013 07:34 PM

I ran into a number issues with my beta 1 to beta 1.1 upgrade, made using apt-get:
  • I had the ifupdown upgrade failure a few other people experienced, though mine was failing due to the urandom service not running rather than rpcbind. Forcing it beyond that fixed the install, though my system got stuck during the reboot and I had to wait until I got home to power cycle it.[/li]
  • On restart my MCE remote didn't work, which has been an issue since moving from alpha 5 to beta 1. My workaround has been to manually restart the xbmc service so it's picked up from lirc correctly. However...
  • I found the ssh service wasn't running, so I couldn't connect remotely to fix it. So I plugged in a keyboard and manually quit xbmc so I could get at a command prompt. However...
  • On exit from xbmc the splash screen never disappeared, so I couldn't get at a command prompt. I managed to work around this by changing the "allow ssh as root" setting in the Xbian section of XBMC, which forced the ssh service to be (re)started to apply the setting. The xbmc process was completely gone, so I don't know why the splash screen was sticking around. I killed it to get drop back to console. However...
  • The primary console appeared to be held up late in startup, so I wasn't able to enter any commands. Also, the normal spare console on Alt-F2 wasn't running, so I couldn't use that either.
  • Restarting xbmc from an ssh connection did get me back in, but the remote wasn't working as lirc hadn't started either. Starting that and restarting xbmc (using stop+start as restart doesn't work) finally got me back in with a working remote.
Certainly not the smoothest of updates for me this time! When I get time I'll try a fresh install of 1.1, as hopefully that'll be better.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - 19misiek88 - 9th Aug, 2013 12:00 AM

In Beta 1.1 Xbian loses connection to the network after some 5-10 minutes. Even can not get it to connect via SSH. Does anyone have it so?

In Beta 1 network work fine

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - numanoids - 10th Aug, 2013 01:28 AM

Anyone noticed zeroconf not working? I have posted already but posting again just in case.

Re: RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - f1vefour - 10th Aug, 2013 04:03 AM

(9th Aug, 2013 12:00 AM)19misiek88 Wrote:  In Beta 1.1 Xbian loses connection to the network after some 5-10 minutes. Even can not get it to connect via SSH. Does anyone have it so?

Please post the relevant logs, see my signature.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - queeg500 - 10th Aug, 2013 04:46 PM

(9th Aug, 2013 12:00 AM)19misiek88 Wrote:  In Beta 1.1 Xbian loses connection to the network after some 5-10 minutes. Even can not get it to connect via SSH. Does anyone have it so?

I lose network connection with beta 1.1, but at seemingly random times - it has even happenen when xbmc isn't running, such as when I was copying files off the SD card via samba while the pi was sitting at the login prompt. I had upgraded this SD card (32Gb Patriot class 10) via apt-get from a clean install of beta 1... my other SD card (8Gb Samsung class 6) still has its own clean install of beta 1, and the network (ethernet) is fine with that install so that's what I've been using.

f1vefour, your "How to post log file?" link doesn't work, but if you let me know which log file(s) you want I can get them.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - rikardo1979 - 10th Aug, 2013 07:16 PM

(10th Aug, 2013 04:46 PM)queeg500 Wrote:  

f1vefour, your "How to post log file?" link doesn't work, but if you let me know which log file(s) you want I can get them.

Apology, it was my fault. I was doing some maintenance on server. The links are now working.
-thx-

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - starous - 10th Aug, 2013 07:37 PM

Hi guys,

Is it possible to make a fresh install of version beta 1.1 without the problems, which people had on the beginning?

Thanks

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 12th Aug, 2013 01:53 PM

there is source lying around which you can compile after installing xbian-kernel-header package and dev tools (http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1114-post-12697.html#pid12697)

we are compiling in the driver for beta2 kernel automatically, so will be included starting from beta2.

you can also install beta2 kernels over beta1.1 installation. you will need the xbian-package-kernel and xbian-package-initramfs-tools.

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - anthonyonions - 15th Aug, 2013 07:38 AM

I've used the XbianInstaller for windows and put a Beta1.1 image on my SD card. Booted to Xbian fine, but when I exit the GUI to try and get a command line so I can configure the WLAN it gets stuck:

[ ok ] Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
<blinking cursor>

Any ideas?

This is as far as I've got with it so far.

Thanks
Ant

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 15th Aug, 2013 08:05 AM

@anthonyonions

check /etc/rc2.d whether there are some file after S??ssh, or just S??rc.local (you can check this with "ls -la /etc/rc2.d"

if there is S??dbus or S??avahi-daemon after it, do:
Code:
insserv -rf /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon
insserv -rf /etc/init.d/dbus

then reboot

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - anthonyonions - 15th Aug, 2013 08:17 AM

ok will try and get the lan sorted with a wired connection tomorrow and give this a go and report back.