Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread (/thread-1258.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 05:17 AM

(15th Jul, 2013 10:25 AM)Lekdax Wrote:  Great work! Everything works perfect except for AirPlay. Any fix?

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/423

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 16th Jul, 2013 07:26 AM

AirPrint - A5 worked without any problem, here I can't get it to work (CUPS installation was enough to work without custom scripts or anything)
AirPlay - concur, not working
After installing L2TP server clock stopped working, not to mention that after restart there are problems with ipsec module
Stopped installing here (still to come was OpenVPN and aria2, but it would be waste of time.

Masquerade is working, thou

Something is not right, worse part is that going back to A5 would mean that I will have XBMC ver 12.0 not 12.2

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 07:44 AM

(16th Jul, 2013 07:26 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  AirPrint - A5 worked without any problem, here I can't get it to work (CUPS installation was enough to work without custom scripts or anything)
AirPlay - concur, not working
After installing L2TP server clock stopped working, not to mention that after restart there are problems with ipsec module
Stopped installing here (still to come was OpenVPN and aria2, but it would be waste of time.

Masquerade is working, thou

Something is not right, worse part is that going back to A5 would mean that I will have XBMC ver 12.0 not 12.2

airprint as: printer connected to rpi and airprint from ios to the printer ?

airplay: see post exactly one before

what l2tp package exactly? even not so important to expect l2tp, openvpn in wheezy still depending on sysvinit structure, requiring service from /etc/init.d, which is disabled in runlevels scheme because upstart equivalent exists thus if enabled causing lockups during runlevel processing? if it's terribly looking like this, solution is easy in removing the affected init.d/ script and replacing it with symlink to /lib/init/upstart-job and force enabling with insserv -f.

unfortunately debian needs literally years to accomplish this, in close beta2 this will be done for all existing/installed scripting.

but name the package.

you can still install xbmc 12.2 from git, the last commit working with sysvinit + xbians libtag - allowing system wide support without silent ld conflicts with other linked binaries and cec package. the exact commit was already posted in some other forum.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Dave400 - 16th Jul, 2013 07:48 AM

RC6 MCE remote only allowing arrow keys and enter buttons, tried adding config to lircd.conf but no change?

Airplay is working fine on mine from both iTunes on win7 and vista machines and an old pos ipod touch 2nd gen.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 16th Jul, 2013 08:11 AM

(16th Jul, 2013 07:44 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(16th Jul, 2013 07:26 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  AirPrint - A5 worked without any problem, here I can't get it to work (CUPS installation was enough to work without custom scripts or anything)

airprint as: printer connected to rpi and airprint from ios to the printer ?

printer is connected to the network, rpi sees printer and advertises to ios - an old HP PhotoSmart All-in-one device

I was following this http://rohankapoor.com/2012/06/configuring-the-raspberry-pi-as-an-airprint-server

In A5 printer after installation and conficuration of CUPS was visible to iOS devices - there was no need to install custom scripts, now it doesn't work, not to mention that printer is not discovered by CUPS as before, now I have to provide details to connect - but I am able to print test page from CUPS without problems

(16th Jul, 2013 07:44 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(16th Jul, 2013 07:26 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  After installing L2TP server clock stopped working, not to mention that after restart there are problems with ipsec module

what l2tp package exactly? even not so important to expect l2tp, openvpn in wheezy still depending on sysvinit structure, requiring service from /etc/init.d, which is disabled in runlevels scheme because upstart equivalent exists thus if enabled causing lockups during runlevel processing? if it's terribly looking like this, solution is easy in removing the affected init.d/ script and replacing it with symlink to /lib/init/upstart-job and force enabling with insserv -f.

unfortunately debian needs literally years to accomplish this, in close beta2 this will be done for all existing/installed scripting.

but name the package.

I am following this instructions: http://willitscript.com/post/40357408648/using-your-pi-as-a-l2tp-vpn-server

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 09:38 AM

(16th Jul, 2013 08:11 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  not to mention that printer is not discovered by CUPS as before, now I have to provide details to connect - but I am able to print test page from CUPS without problems

ok, took 25 min, airprint discovered by iOS and all Macs in add printers as printer_name@xbian

if you would read the link I posted before, it would run with you as well. the airplay "not working" is the same as airprint "not seen".

it all depends on avahi announcements via bonjour protocol and the communication with avahi goes through dbus-daemon. on those "affected" installations dbus is not started upon startup, no communication to avahi is possible thus no publishing of any services to network can happen. solution for the ones lazy to read one link:

add "frandom" to /etc/module (or remove stanza "and started frandom") from /etc/init/dbus.conf . unfortunately stupid bug, but happened.

i will check the l2tp now.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 16th Jul, 2013 01:19 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 09:38 AM)mk01 Wrote:  add "frandom" to /etc/module (or remove stanza "and started frandom") from /etc/init/dbus.conf . unfortunately stupid bug, but happened.

Works perfectly - Thank you (I removed stanza - fyi)

Have other question thou (had this in A5 as well as here on B1.1)

I have network disk with 0777 rights on it, created /mnt/Maxtor with 0777 rights (recursively). I can create files, read files, delete files but I can't rename files. This happens only on rpi, when I connect via Android, iOS or Windows everything is OK.

I am mounting disk via fstab:
Code:
//10.10.1.5/External\040Storage\Maxtor    /mnt/Maxtor    cifs    rw,user,credentials=/etc/seagate.conf,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777    0    0

/etc/seagate/conf
Code:
username=xxx
password=yyy

Any idea where I made an error?

Thanks

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 02:11 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 01:19 PM)Pawlisko Wrote:  I am mounting disk via fstab:
Code:
//10.10.1.5/External\040Storage\Maxtor    /mnt/Maxtor    cifs    rw,user,credentials=/etc/seagate.conf,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777    0    0

it will not be related, but "user," (as you have it after rw) in cifs means username='', i'm surprised you can mount it Wink

add nounix mount option. if you expects xbian user to access the share, add "uid=xbian,forceuid"

what is the server? windows - if yes, which version - smb or smb2? can you check event monitor for verbose info?

if smb2, the support into cifs module was step by step, like: in this kernel we can create files, later we can delete files...

and last question, with rename you mean in-place rename as "change name", or move as change location within the same filesystem? internally this are different operations, although we use the same 'mv' under linux.

pawlisko,

i checked the guide, but didn't try, it is really the core known standard. only the scripting and hacking in interfaces looks suspicious.

at which step / stage you have issue?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - theo35 - 16th Jul, 2013 04:42 PM

Hi,

I have alpha 5 running on a RPI A with only 256MB RAM in my car.
Is upgrade to Beta 1.1 supported for the RPI A?

Thanks
Theo

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - zilexa - 16th Jul, 2013 04:45 PM

fresh, clean install of XBian beta 1.1.

Minor bug 1: syntax error is shown very briefly at the bottom of the screen when I'm in xbian-config and modifying some stuff.

Minor bug 2: after changing Time zone, a summary is shown of previous and new time zone. But it shows the names of these entities "previous time zone" "new time zone" and not the actual previous and new time zone.

minor bug 3: Possible minor bug when installing ddclient:
install via:
sudo apt-get install ddclient

at the end of the process (it asks several questions during install to build the config file, like dynamic dns provider etc), at the end it shows warnings that it could not set Locale. Not sure what this means:

Code:
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
    LANGUAGE = (unset),
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
    LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
    are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
Preconfiguring packages ...
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

edit: I have the same issue when installing pip. Will I have to reinstall these things or are these warnings harmless?

error 1 (in the log)
Code:
22:22:21 T:2889872448   ERROR: Exists - Error checking for /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/webinterface.default/http://www.baidu.com/
baidu? wtf?

There are a few more XBMC errors, but I don't think they matter. I did see a ZeroConf error. http://pastebin.com/vSPuf5qA

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 05:08 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 04:45 PM)zilexa Wrote:  LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"

LC_CTYPE=UTF-8 is of course not correct. was this ssh session? I bet the strange LC_CTYPE was exported from your machine to remote shell - xbian with ssh session.

(16th Jul, 2013 04:45 PM)zilexa Wrote:  Minor bug 2: after changing Time zone, a summary is shown of previous and new time zone.

fixed here
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-shell/commit/cbccdd7d8c7805ee0bbc577ac6616ee3cddaeb3a

(16th Jul, 2013 04:45 PM)zilexa Wrote:  Minor bug 1: syntax error is shown very briefly at the bottom of the screen when I'm in xbian-config and modifying some stuff.

yes, you are right. spend two days going through almost thousand lines produced with set -x, but could not find it Undecided

as a pity, error is there, but no visible bug in the process. even harder to find it.

(16th Jul, 2013 04:42 PM)theo35 Wrote:  I have alpha 5 running on a RPI A with only 256MB RAM in my car.
Is upgrade to Beta 1.1 supported for the RPI A?

yes, feel free. the one critical bug found in original beta 1.0 was a real "bug" with impact exactly on 256mb models. this one was fixed as first.

later found "non optimal" memory management setup for 256 models was changed as well in 1.1.

just use "partswap" parameter in cmdline.txt, this is not default for 1.1 but is a benefit specialy on 256mb models.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - zilexa - 16th Jul, 2013 05:36 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 05:08 PM)mk01 Wrote:  LC_CTYPE=UTF-8 is of course not correct. was this ssh session? I bet the strange LC_CTYPE was exported from your machine to remote shell - xbian with ssh session.
yes it was SSH using Terminal on Mac OS X. Never had this before. So it can do no harm to the installed apps? Should I change LC CTYPE somewhere? I have no idea what this is.. do know utf-8 but not all this.

Quote:yes, you are right. spend two days going through almost thousand lines produced with set -x, but could not find it Undecided
as a pity, error is there, but no visible bug in the process. even harder to find it.

damn well then I will just ignore it Smile

EDIT:
oh no, I cannot install Flexget anymore!
To keep this topic clean I posted the issue here: http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=634&page=2

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 05:54 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 05:36 PM)zilexa Wrote:  yes it was SSH using Terminal on Mac OS X. Never had this before. So it can do no harm to the installed apps? Should I change LC CTYPE somewhere? I have no idea what this is.. do know utf-8 but not all this.

I have seen this strange settings on macox. on Koenns. I have macs too, two with default en settings, two with sk_SK.

this is output from the ones set to english:
(09:50) [ivka57:~] matuskral$ locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

and this is output from the SK

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - zilexa - 16th Jul, 2013 06:02 PM

But I never had this error before, I use the same mac to maintain 3 RPis, two of them are still running 1.0a5..

my output:
l030:~ zilexa$ locale
LANG=
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_CTYPE="UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_ALL=

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 16th Jul, 2013 06:07 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 06:02 PM)zilexa Wrote:  But I never had this error before, I use the same mac to maintain 3 RPis, two of them are still running 1.0a5..

yes, because alpha5 was forcing "C". so ignored local rpi system settings, ignored terminal session lang settings from client.

LC_CTYPE is setting for numbers formats etc, isn't it possible that you have in mac custom format set ??? this is one possibility.

or some enforcement in ~/.profile after installation if MACPORTS or similar???

(16th Jul, 2013 05:36 PM)zilexa Wrote:  oh no, I cannot install Flexget anymore!
To keep this topic clean I posted the issue here: http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=634&page=2

let's trigger Fred, he is the one for fancy packages. Wink