Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread (/thread-1258.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 17th Jul, 2013 11:00 PM

(16th Jul, 2013 02:11 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(16th Jul, 2013 01:19 PM)Pawlisko Wrote:  I am mounting disk via fstab:
Code:
//10.10.1.5/External\040Storage\Maxtor    /mnt/Maxtor    cifs    rw,user,credentials=/etc/seagate.conf,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777    0    0

it will not be related, but "user," (as you have it after rw) in cifs means username='', i'm surprised you can mount it Wink

add nounix mount option. if you expects xbian user to access the share, add "uid=xbian,forceuid"

what is the server? windows - if yes, which version - smb or smb2? can you check event monitor for verbose info?

if smb2, the support into cifs module was step by step, like: in this kernel we can create files, later we can delete files...

and last question, with rename you mean in-place rename as "change name", or move as change location within the same filesystem? internally this are different operations, although we use the same 'mv' under linux.

This is NAS - Seagate GoFlex Home 2GB
OS is Plugbox Linux (as per http://blog.philippklaus.de/2011/04/install-archlinuxarm-on-the-seagate-goflex-home)

Please note below

Code:
xbian@xBian ~ $ sudo smbclient -L IP ADDRESS -U username
Enter username's password:
Domain=[XXX] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.28-0.el5.8.oe5]

Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        GoFlex Home Personal Disk      GoFlex Home (GoFlex Home Personal)
        GoFlex Home Backup Disk      GoFlex Home (GoFlex Home Backup)
        GoFlex Home Public Disk      GoFlex Home (GoFlex Home Public)
        External Storage Disk      GoFlex Home (External Storage)
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (GoFlex Home)
        GoFlex_Home     Printer   GoFlex Home usb port
Domain=[XXX] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.28-0.el5.8.oe5]

Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        GOFLEX_HOME          GoFlex Home

Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        XXX                   YYY

And I am talking about change name i.e. Movie.avi to Movie2.avi same folder, just a plain name change

So what to change? Probably instead of CIFS I can do it as NFS?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 17th Jul, 2013 11:09 PM

(17th Jul, 2013 11:00 PM)Pawlisko Wrote:  And I am talking about change name i.e. Movie.avi to Movie2.avi same folder, just a plain name change

So what to change? Probably instead of CIFS I can do it as NFS?

definitely NFS should be always preferred where available, system wise it takes almost no resources, it's native for your NAS as well as for RPI, minimum transfer protocol overhead etc (this is as general recommendation, not only to the problem of rename. it's weird though).

but turning off samba will clearly help both devices, NAS and also RPI. do you connect to the NAS from windows machines as well with no "rename issues"?

(17th Jul, 2013 11:06 AM)lowlow75 Wrote:  After some tests am experiencing exactly the same issue: freezing when xbmc display the movie list. :/

can you then revert the settings in sysctl.conf and test devel kernel at http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/pool/main/x/xbian-package-kernel/xbian-package-kernel_1.3-0_armhf.deb ?

it has different memory allocator . it's worth trying. otherwise no more ideas to try for now.

mk

(17th Jul, 2013 04:38 PM)jphellemons Wrote:  so when I remove the lines from /etc/fstab it works again.
here are the four lines I added to /etc/fstab

please greb http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/a.sh with wget and run it under sudo.

send me resulting file /tmp/setup.xbian.tar.gz to matuskral @ me com

if you keep locale as eng, the bug is not appearing ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 18th Jul, 2013 01:43 AM

(17th Jul, 2013 11:09 PM)mk01 Wrote:  definitely NFS should be always preferred where available, system wise it takes almost no resources, it's native for your NAS as well as for RPI, minimum transfer protocol overhead etc (this is as general recommendation, not only to the problem of rename. it's weird though).

but turning off samba will clearly help both devices, NAS and also RPI. do you connect to the NAS from windows machines as well with no "rename issues"?

I will switch to NFS!

Would you be so kind and let me know what should I enter in the line of my fstab file to do it properly?

When I connect from other machines to my NAS there is no problem, I can do everything without any issue.

(16th Jul, 2013 02:11 PM)mk01 Wrote:  pawlisko,

i checked the guide, but didn't try, it is really the core known standard. only the scripting and hacking in interfaces looks suspicious.

at which step / stage you have issue?
Initially there was no problems. Everything was working good but as usual I rebooted to check everything (just in case)

After reboot time is not setting properly but I was able to connect.

Now I can't connect, even from within my home network. ***EDIT*** Thou it may be problem of my new router (no L2TP Passthrough option). Still time is not setting to current and proper one

The weirdest thing happens when entered:
Code:
root@xBian:/home/xbian# ipsec verify
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.6.37/K3.9.8+ (netkey)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]
SAref kernel support                                           [N/A]
NETKEY:  Testing XFRM related proc values                      [FAILED]

Please disable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/send_redirects
  or NETKEY will cause the sending of bogus ICMP redirects!

[FAILED]

Please disable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/accept_redirects
  or NETKEY will accept bogus ICMP redirects!

[OK]
Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]
Pluto listening for IKE on udp 500                             [OK]
Pluto listening for NAT-T on udp 4500                          [OK]
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking /bin/sh is not /bin/dash                               [WARNING]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]

Previously everything was OK, now there are Failed fields and I haven't change anything.

Any thoughts?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - dmgmit - 18th Jul, 2013 02:11 AM

I just upgraded my raspi to xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 and the service in xbian-config is autostart but don't run the xbmc and stop with prompt login. Help me please I need the xbmc startup automatically.

Thank for your answers

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 18th Jul, 2013 04:38 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 01:43 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  Would you be so kind and let me know what should I enter in the line of my fstab file to do it properly?

root@xBian:/home/xbian# ipsec verify
NETKEY: Testing XFRM related proc values [FAILED]

Please disable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/send_redirects
or NETKEY will cause the sending of bogus ICMP redirects!

[FAILED]

Please disable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/accept_redirects
or NETKEY will accept bogus ICMP redirects!

[OK]
[/code]

Previously everything was OK, now there are Failed fields and I haven't change anything.

Any thoughts?

ad the fstab, more or less like with cifs,
I use this one:

media.private:/xbmc /Network/Servers/media.private/xbmc nfs4 _netdev,rw,nfsvers=4,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noatime 0 0

of course if you don't use nfs4, change to

Code:
media.private:/xbmc                /Network/Servers/media.private/xbmc    nfs    _netdev,rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noatime    0    0

with nfs if you don't use uid a guid (you used file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 with cifs), you need to set all_squash and anonuid=NNN on the server on exports file definition.

the rsize and wsize are not needed, but as default nfs creates 1M buffer for read and also for write, that 2M per one mount, and I have 10, so it would take 20M down from memory.

ad ipsec, if you put

net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects=0
net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects=0

in /etc/sysctl.conf, what happens ? or just during run, do:

Code:
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects=0; sudo  sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects=0

and retry the test ? (later: they are in /etc/sysctl.conf commented out, so just uncomment them. but it was like this prior beta as well)

mk

(18th Jul, 2013 02:11 AM)dmgmit Wrote:  I just upgraded my raspi to xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 and the service in xbian-config is autostart but don't run the xbmc and stop with prompt login. Help me please I need the xbmc startup automatically.

Thank for your answers

check, if /etc/init/xbmc.override file exists, if yes, delete it. if it doesn't exist, check for /etc/init.d/xbmc. if exists, delete it.

what version "apt-cache policy xbian-package-config-shell" shows you as installed??

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - dmgmit - 18th Jul, 2013 06:08 AM

what version "apt-cache policy xbian-package-config-shell" shows you as installed??
[/quote]

Sorry for say upgrade, I installed a new copy with dd from images https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/release/XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1.7z/download directy. First boot, startup correctly xbmc, but when I installed plugins and ftp then doesn't autorunning xbmc.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 18th Jul, 2013 06:27 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 06:08 AM)dmgmit Wrote:  Sorry for say upgrade, I installed a new copy with dd from images https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/release/XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1.7z/download directy. First boot, startup correctly xbmc, but when I installed plugins and ftp then doesn't autorunning xbmc.

ok, please do as asked in this post http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1117&pid=12860#pid12860, my third comment.

thanks

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - dmgmit - 18th Jul, 2013 06:56 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 06:27 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(18th Jul, 2013 06:08 AM)dmgmit Wrote:  Sorry for say upgrade, I installed a new copy with dd from images https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbian/files/release/XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1.7z/download directy. First boot, startup correctly xbmc, but when I installed plugins and ftp then doesn't autorunning xbmc.

ok, please do as asked in this post http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=1117&pid=12860#pid12860, my third comment.

thanks

Finally, the bug was in configuring fstab.

Thanks for your attention.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 18th Jul, 2013 07:37 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 04:38 AM)mk01 Wrote:  ad ipsec, if you put

net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects=0
net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects=0

in /etc/sysctl.conf, what happens ? or just during run, do:

Code:
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects=0; sudo  sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects=0

and retry the test ? (later: they are in /etc/sysctl.conf commented out, so just uncomment them. but it was like this prior beta as well)

mk01,

My ipsec test prior restart said OK where I have Failed now.

both redirects are uncommented, I tried also your command, got confirmation from system that it is OK but ipsec test still says that it is failure.

I know that I may ask for too much, please follow the L2TP instructions on clean install and then reboot the system. Everything was working prior reboot.

Thanks

(18th Jul, 2013 04:38 AM)mk01 Wrote:  ad the fstab, more or less like with cifs,
I use this one:

media.private:/xbmc /Network/Servers/media.private/xbmc nfs4 _netdev,rw,nfsvers=4,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noatime 0 0

of course if you don't use nfs4, change to

Code:
media.private:/xbmc                /Network/Servers/media.private/xbmc    nfs    _netdev,rw,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,noatime    0    0

with nfs if you don't use uid a guid (you used file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 with cifs), you need to set all_squash and anonuid=NNN on the server on exports file definition.

the rsize and wsize are not needed, but as default nfs creates 1M buffer for read and also for write, that 2M per one mount, and I have 10, so it would take 20M down from memory.

NFS is not installed on this NAS. I will not change it. So back to CIFS

CIFS works correct. I am to blame for creating this mess. Because I work on many computers with different OSes I have to move many files from system to system, but for security purposes I can't have everything connected to everything, so I have to use different programs to be effective. One of such program is WinSCP. On theory it should be great and working on rpi SD card I havn't have any problems with anything, but when it comes to mount there was problem with renaming. I just check with mv command and it works perfectly.

Based on man 8 mount my fstab looks like this now:
Code:
//10.20.30.30/External\040Storage\Maxtor    /mnt/Maxtor    cifs    _netdev,user,exec,dev,suid,rw,credentials=/etc/seagate.conf,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777    0    0

L2TP/Clock is still problem thou.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - lowlow75 - 18th Jul, 2013 08:15 AM

(17th Jul, 2013 11:09 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(17th Jul, 2013 11:06 AM)lowlow75 Wrote:  After some tests am experiencing exactly the same issue: freezing when xbmc display the movie list. :/

can you then revert the settings in sysctl.conf and test devel kernel at http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/pool/main/x/xbian-package-kernel/xbian-package-kernel_1.3-0_armhf.deb ?

it has different memory allocator . it's worth trying. otherwise no more ideas to try for now.

mk

I guess I will wait for the future update .. am a pro just for the "copy/paste" actions.. playing with Kernel it's too dangerous for my capacities, but thanks anyway for your attention and help. Smile

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - zilexa - 18th Jul, 2013 08:27 AM

I just did a new clean install of beta 1.1.
Via XBian-Config I:
- changed dhcp -> static
- changed XBian res to 720
- checked for updates, selected all three options
- installed Transmission

Then I rebooted (required) and installed ddclient. Also also ran ddclient manually once.

Now I am checking the log, and I see stuff in the log from yesterday? How is that possible?
edit: the time it shows, I was not even at home.. I started the clean install around 23PM..

Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo cat /var/log/syslog
Jul 17 21:42:44 xbian syslogd 1.5.0#6.2: restart.
Jul 17 21:42:44 xbian anacron[1235]: Job `cron.daily' terminated (mailing output)
Jul 17 21:42:44 xbian anacron[1235]: Can't find sendmail at /usr/sbin/sendmail, not mailing output
Jul 17 21:42:44 xbian anacron[1235]: Normal exit (1 job run)
Jul 17 21:50:00 xbian ifplugd(eth0)[489]: Exiting.
Jul 17 21:51:09 xbian ifplugd(lo)[536]: Exiting.
Jul 17 21:52:11 xbian ntpd[1254]: ntpd exiting on signal 15

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 18th Jul, 2013 08:35 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 08:27 AM)zilexa Wrote:  Now I am checking the log, and I see stuff in the log from yesterday? How is that possible?
edit: the time it shows, I was not even at home.. I started the clean install around 23PM..

did you set timezone ? i have the feeling in image TZ is GMT. I don't know you TZ, but if you are GMT+2 (DST), and you started the install after you came home (23:00), then time in the log after 21:00 can be correct... ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - zilexa - 18th Jul, 2013 09:25 AM

Also, why is my external USB (ext4) drive now by default mounted to /media/usb0 and /media/Storage-*FULLUUID* ?
it used to be /media/usb/ and also XBMC File Manager showed my usb drive always in the root list on 1.0a5. Now it's not there.

This is a big change cos now everything has a different location Sad

edit: about the time in the log, yes I completely forgot to set the correct timezone! :O
But the cronjob in the log is weird, this is a clean install, I didn't set any cronjobs yet.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - toniodp - 18th Jul, 2013 12:05 PM

Hi,

upgraded from alpha 5, I don't have /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp anymore.
I still have "/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp" to get CPU/GPU temp though.
Was it removed with the new kernel or something wrong with my conf?

Thanks

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 18th Jul, 2013 04:38 PM

(18th Jul, 2013 12:05 PM)toniodp Wrote:  upgraded from alpha 5, I don't have /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp anymore.

and if you do "sudo modprobe bcm2835-thermal" ?

feel free to put "bcm2835-thermal" into /etc/modules

(18th Jul, 2013 07:37 AM)Pawlisko Wrote:  both redirects are uncommented, I tried also your command, got confirmation from system that it is OK but ipsec test still says that it is failure.

apparently for ipsec the general 0 settings for "all" is not enough, it needs to be explicitly set for all existing adapters.

so .default. will do it.

put this in sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.conf.default.send_redirects = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_redirects = 0