Forum
Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread (/thread-1258.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 18th Jul, 2013 06:26 PM

(18th Jul, 2013 09:25 AM)zilexa Wrote:  Also, why is my external USB (ext4) drive now by default mounted to /media/usb0 and /media/Storage-*FULLUUID* ?
it used to be /media/usb/ and also XBMC File Manager showed my usb drive always in the root list on 1.0a5. Now it's not there.

This is a big change cos now everything has a different location Sad

edit: about the time in the log, yes I completely forgot to set the correct timezone! :O
But the cronjob in the log is weird, this is a clean install, I didn't set any cronjobs yet.

if you was fine with usb, it means you have just one ext hdd (otherwise it would be constantly changing). so, feel free to create a line in fstab for the driver with mount point /media/usb.

or, change default mountpoint in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf LINKDIR="/media" to for instance LINKDIR="/mnt", this way /media directory won't get cleared of symlinks and do a symlink with name "usb" in /media pointing to /mnt/usb0. Or to /media/Storage-*FULLUUID*.

and regarding the cronjobs, there are already some on clean system. don't be scared of them.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - jphellemons - 18th Jul, 2013 06:43 PM

Thanks mk01, I will take a look at it and run the script and will try to mail you the zip. Although I don't know how to get it of the pi yet.
sorry for being a n00b.
Will try the filezilla option from http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/14573/2585
(17th Jul, 2013 11:09 PM)mk01 Wrote:  ...
(17th Jul, 2013 04:38 PM)jphellemons Wrote:  so when I remove the lines from /etc/fstab it works again.
here are the four lines I added to /etc/fstab

please greb http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/a.sh with wget and run it under sudo.

send me resulting file /tmp/setup.xbian.tar.gz to matuskral @ me com

if you keep locale as eng, the bug is not appearing ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - zilexa - 18th Jul, 2013 06:50 PM

(18th Jul, 2013 06:26 PM)mk01 Wrote:  if you was fine with usb, it means you have just one ext hdd (otherwise it would be constantly changing). so, feel free to create a line in fstab for the driver with mount point /media/usb.

or, change default mountpoint in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf LINKDIR="/media" to for instance LINKDIR="/mnt", this way /media directory won't get cleared of symlinks and do a symlink with name "usb" in /media pointing to /mnt/usb0. Or to /media/Storage-*FULLUUID*.

and regarding the cronjobs, there are already some on clean system. don't be scared of them.

Thanks for the tip, I simply did:
xbian@xbian /media $ sudo ln -s /media/usb0 usb

And now its ok again. I want to create an image later and deploy it for friends and families RPis so I want to keep it generic, thats why I don't want to use UUID for now. If anyone connects more usb drives it will be accessible via usb1, usb2 etc so thats fine.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - xbmajx - 18th Jul, 2013 07:07 PM

I have a 256M model, with 1.0beta1 and 1.0beta1.1, I experiencing the issue of freezing when xbmc display the movie list. I noticed the "btrfs-endio-1" process use too much cpu load. btw, I already used "partswap" parameter in cmdline.txt, no effect.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - kraleksandr - 18th Jul, 2013 07:41 PM

(15th Jul, 2013 09:05 PM)kraleksandr Wrote:  Since b1 I dont see my USB-HDD in the Video - Files menu.
With a5 it looks like "236.6Gb" in the Files menu.
fstab entry:
Code:
UUID=839aea66-ad3d-4c3a-9d10-7f8f4d91ec9f /media/hdd ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0

Up

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 18th Jul, 2013 10:19 PM

(18th Jul, 2013 04:38 PM)mk01 Wrote:  apparently for ipsec the general 0 settings for "all" is not enough, it needs to be explicitly set for all existing adapters.

so .default. will do it.

put this in sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.conf.default.send_redirects = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.accept_redirects = 0

It worked on ipsec
Code:
root@xBian:/home/xbian# ipsec verify
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.6.37/K3.9.8+ (netkey)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]
SAref kernel support                                           [N/A]
NETKEY:  Testing XFRM related proc values                      [OK]
        [OK]
        [OK]
Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]
Pluto listening for IKE on udp 500                             [OK]
Pluto listening for NAT-T on udp 4500                          [OK]
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking /bin/sh is not /bin/dash                               [WARNING]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]

After reboot clock is still not updating, but I can set it up manually. Issue with NTP?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - dmgmit - 19th Jul, 2013 02:27 AM

Before, XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 fstab worked with:
192.168.2.137:/media/HD3/incoming /home/xbian/nfs nfs defaults,user,auto,noatime,intr 0 0

Now, with beta 1.1 fails. Which is the bug?

Thanks in advanced

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - jphellemons - 19th Jul, 2013 04:42 AM

(19th Jul, 2013 02:27 AM)dmgmit Wrote:  Before, XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 fstab worked with:
192.168.2.137:/media/HD3/incoming /home/xbian/nfs nfs defaults,user,auto,noatime,intr 0 0

Now, with beta 1.1 fails. Which is the bug?

Thanks in advanced

I have exactly the same issue!
it looks a bit like https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/391

my fstab looks like this:

// the usual stuff here and this is the custom part:
192.168.1.133:/mnt/HD_a2/shared/Movies /public/Movies nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0
192.168.1.133:/mnt/HD_a2/shared/Music /public/Music nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0
192.168.1.133:/mnt/HD_a2/shared/Pictures /public/Pictures nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0
192.168.1.133:/mnt/HD_a2/shared/TV\040Shows /public/TV nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0

and got the awk error then

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 19th Jul, 2013 07:11 AM

(17th Jul, 2013 04:38 PM)jphellemons Wrote:  [code]
192.168.1.133:/mnt/HD_a2/shared/Movies /public/Movies nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr 0 0
try adding _netdev and nobootwait parameters.

so it would look like

192.168.1.133:/mnt/HD_a2/shared/Movies /public/Movies nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,_netdev,nobootwait 0 0

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - jamireh - 19th Jul, 2013 07:13 AM

(17th Jul, 2013 08:25 AM)xbmcnut Wrote:  I've tried the Airplay fix that mk01 recommended here https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/423 but it made no difference. Xbian is not broadcast. Have confirmed that Airplay is enabled after running the following code:

sudo -i
echo "frandom" >> /etc/modules; sync; reboot

Did anyone get that to work?

The fix recommended in the github post did not fix it for me either. To be specific, the iPhone does not see XBian as an airplay receiver, it's not broadcasting.

My /etc/modules file:

Code:
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
# Parameters can be specified after the module name.

frandom

My /etc/init/dbus.conf file:

Code:
# dbus - D-Bus system message bus
#
#
# The D-Bus system message bus allows system daemons and user applications
# to communicate.

description     "D-Bus system message bus"

start on local-filesystems and started frandom
stop on deconfiguring-networking

expect fork
respawn

pre-start script
    mkdir -p /var/run/dbus
    chown messagebus:messagebus /var/run/dbus

exec dbus-uuidgen --ensure
end script

exec dbus-daemon --system --fork

post-start exec kill -USR1 1

post-stop exec rm -f /var/run/dbus/pid

After executing the fix from the github post, both dbus and avahi-daemon still did not start (according to xbian-config) despite the "Autostart" option.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - mk01 - 19th Jul, 2013 07:20 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 10:19 PM)Pawlisko Wrote:  After reboot clock is still not updating, but I can set it up manually. Issue with NTP?

so you RPI never gets proper date ?

(19th Jul, 2013 07:13 AM)jamireh Wrote:  After executing the fix from the github post, both dbus and avahi-daemon still did not start (according to xbian-config) despite the "Autostart" option.

did you try the other option? - modifying dbus start stanza by removing the frandom dependency as it is here properly?

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-update/blob/master/content/var/tmp/xbian_update/files_to_overwrite/etc/init/dbus.conf

(18th Jul, 2013 06:50 PM)zilexa Wrote:  xbian@xbian /media $ sudo ln -s /media/usb0 usb

And now its ok again. I want to create an image later and deploy it for friends and families RPis so I want to keep it generic, thats why I don't want to use UUID for now. If anyone connects more usb drives it will be accessible via usb1, usb2 etc so thats fine.

of course you can, but the directory for symlinks get's cleaned on device add / remove and restart, so I just wanted to be correct in that sense.

the solution is up to you, that way it has been changed, everybody wanted it differently and static were possible only through fstab edit. so feel free.

maybe for beta I will add parameter for naming convention, so one would choose even how the folder name will be created.

(18th Jul, 2013 07:07 PM)xbmajx Wrote:  I have a 256M model, with 1.0beta1 and 1.0beta1.1, I experiencing the issue of freezing when xbmc display the movie list. I noticed the "btrfs-endio-1" process use too much cpu load. btw, I already used "partswap" parameter in cmdline.txt, no effect.

can you check lsattr listing for /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata and /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Databases ?

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - jamireh - 19th Jul, 2013 07:45 AM

(19th Jul, 2013 07:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  did you try the other option? - modifying dbus start stanza by removing the frandom dependency as it is here properly?

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-update/blob/master/content/var/tmp/xbian_update/files_to_overwrite/etc/init/dbus.conf

That did it. To be clear, merge the new dbus.conf and remove "frandom" from /etc/modules.

Thanks.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - Pawlisko - 19th Jul, 2013 07:47 AM

(19th Jul, 2013 07:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(18th Jul, 2013 10:19 PM)Pawlisko Wrote:  After reboot clock is still not updating, but I can set it up manually. Issue with NTP?

so you RPI never gets proper date ?

Yes, sir.

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - xbmajx - 19th Jul, 2013 09:47 AM

(19th Jul, 2013 07:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  can you check lsattr listing for /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata and /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database ?

Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $  lsattr /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/LCD.xml
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/playlists
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/library
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/RssFeeds.xml
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/autoexec.py
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml

Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ lsattr /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/CDDB
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos75.db
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/TV22.db
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/ViewModes4.db
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyMusic32.db
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Epg7.db
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Addons15.db
---------------- /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database/Textures13.db

RE: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 thread - toniodp - 19th Jul, 2013 11:25 AM

(18th Jul, 2013 04:38 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(18th Jul, 2013 12:05 PM)toniodp Wrote:  upgraded from alpha 5, I don't have /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp anymore.

and if you do "sudo modprobe bcm2835-thermal" ?

feel free to put "bcm2835-thermal" into /etc/modules

Worked like a charm Smile
Thanks a lot for your help and your amazing work!