Forum
sd card resize on first boot - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: sd card resize on first boot (/thread-1275.html)

sd card resize on first boot - LINJEinc - 27th Aug, 2013 11:39 PM

Hi everyone

I have just installed XBian on an sd card for first time ( used Raspbmc before ).
On first boot all i get is the XBian logo, progress bar, and the text under "sd card resize.."

then nothing happens.

any tip of what to do to solve the problem?

using XBian 1.0 Beta 1
have tried XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 with same result

RE: sd card resize on first boot - IriDium - 28th Aug, 2013 12:08 AM

Did you use Xbian-installer or Win32diskimage?

I'm guessing Xbian-installer. Try writing the image with Win32diskimage and see if that helps.

Restarting the RPi should also work.

RE: sd card resize on first boot - LINJEinc - 28th Aug, 2013 12:10 AM

(28th Aug, 2013 12:08 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Did you use Xbian-installer or Win32diskimage?

I'm guessing Xbian-installer. Try writing the image with Win32diskimage and see if that helps.

Restarting the RPi should also work.

Yes, used Xbian-installer, so downloading Win32diskimage now and latest xbian beta img

EDIT: stuck on "loading" now.. will try to reflash... realy pissed right now :/

RE: sd card resize on first boot - tommysmith - 8th Sep, 2013 01:34 AM

Oh, I also have problem with "Loading..."...forever -_- I had tried to Raspbmc and RasPlex, it's booting ok, but when I tried XBian - I use Win32diskimage with XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1 , it just stuck in "Loading..." more half an hours without any happen @@ I had format and give some tried but no luck Undecided I don't know why and how to resolved it !?!

Re: sd card resize on first boot - belese - 8th Sep, 2013 04:09 AM

I've one card like this. Try to resize with gparted. it work for me.

RE: sd card resize on first boot - mk01 - 8th Sep, 2013 06:30 AM

(27th Aug, 2013 11:39 PM)LINJEinc Wrote:  I have just installed XBian on an sd card for first time ( used Raspbmc before ).
On first boot all i get is the XBian logo, progress bar, and the text under "sd card resize.."

can you edit config.txt file on BOOT partition (under Windows the only one visible from the SD CARD) and remove all lines containing "_freq" (arm_freq, sdram_freq, core_freq) and post result please ?

RE: sd card resize on first boot - IriDium - 9th Sep, 2013 12:33 AM

I've seen this before. It seems that everything has completed - just "splash" is stuck.

Switch off the RPi and on again, and it should boot normally.

RE: sd card resize on first boot - davelr - 25th Sep, 2013 08:02 AM

(8th Sep, 2013 06:30 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(27th Aug, 2013 11:39 PM)LINJEinc Wrote:  I have just installed XBian on an sd card for first time ( used Raspbmc before ).

can you edit config.txt file on BOOT partition (under Windows the only one visible from the SD CARD) and remove all lines containing "_freq" (arm_freq, sdram_freq, core_freq) and post result please ?

Not OP, but had same problem hanging at Loading... Tried your suggestion to del all _freq lines and XBMC now loads. This is on Beta 1. Will try with Beta 1.1 as was having same problem with it. Thanks for suggestion.

Yes, works on Beta 1.1 as well although Beta 1.1 seems slower to boot than Beta 1

RE: sd card resize on first boot - mk01 - 30th Sep, 2013 12:26 PM

the lines you removed were the defaults after fresh flash to SD ?
so 840/275/400 ? or just confirm it was stock img freshly restored to card.

what is the sdcard brand / class?

you are first confirmed case of HW not handling the modest overclock. standard (with lines removed from config,txt) the clocks are 700/250/400. 99% of all such problems, the middle one - core_freq - caused issues as it directly affects sd card timings.

you can try putting back into /boot/config.txt
Code:
arm_freq=840