Forum
Webserver "It Works!" page - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Webserver "It Works!" page (/thread-1285.html)

Webserver "It Works!" page - bwaynef - 29th Aug, 2013 01:06 PM

I installed XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1 on a RPi a few days ago and have already been impressed. I'm running into a few problems with controlling it remotely though. I've got the XBMC Remote app on my phone, but it won't connect (and I've chosen the settings to allow my XBMC to be controlled via HTTP as mentioned on the app).

Before I worry about getting that app working though, I'd like to see the front-end on the website. Initially, when I pointed my browser at the address of the RPi, it wouldn't connect. Then I went in to the XBMC and under System chose to install the webserver. That hung (or I wasn't patient enough) so I tried the same, only this time installing it from the shell/xbian-config. Now I get the "It Works!" page, and can't for the life of me figure out how to get the front-end to appear.

Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - rikardo1979 - 29th Aug, 2013 11:36 PM

are you sure you have all set right in XBMC settings? as there is more needed, not just webserver to be set and enabled. Also make sure your remote app or browser on PC are on same network, and under same group.
if you are new to XBMC than I would really recommend a reading on their Wiki, so please have a look at
Services settings link

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - belese - 30th Aug, 2013 12:36 AM

You have installed a webserver, not the xbmc one (which is installed by default),
the 'it work', is a simple web page that show your webserver is running.

to access xbmc webserver, by default, you have to use the port 8080.

http://piadress:8080 should work. but no need to install a webserver if it's just the xbmc one you want.

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - bwaynef - 30th Aug, 2013 01:00 AM

That was the problem, I left off the :8080. Now, my other problem (related to this) is that I can't get the default XBMC UI to work. I get failed to load UI as a message. The AWXi UI works, but seems pretty stripped down.

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - rikardo1979 - 30th Aug, 2013 01:29 AM

try the default webserver as the AWXi is no good on Frodo XBMC I think, so please try the default and report if is OK.
-thx-

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - bwaynef - 30th Aug, 2013 01:48 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 01:29 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  try the default webserver as the AWXi is no good on Frodo XBMC I think, so please try the default and report if is OK.
-thx-

That's the problem I'm reporting now. I can't get the default to work. (Errors reported when I try.) The only one that does is the AWXi, which I stated looks stripped down.

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - rikardo1979 - 30th Aug, 2013 02:06 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 01:48 AM)bwaynef Wrote:  
(30th Aug, 2013 01:29 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  try the default webserver as the AWXi is no good on Frodo XBMC I think, so please try the default and report if is OK.
-thx-

That's the problem I'm reporting now. I can't get the default to work. (Errors reported when I try.) The only one that does is the AWXi, which I stated looks stripped down.

so you mean the Default XBMC Webserver doesnt work, not the XBMC's GUI on the screen (thats what I understood).

In this case turn on the debugging than reboot the RPi after is ON, than reproduce the issue and get the log file after. See my signature for the how-to post all these information the proper way Wink
-thx-

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - IriDium - 30th Aug, 2013 05:24 AM

I have noticed on Beta 1.2 (it may be the same on 1.1) that changing the webserver "on line" doesn't always get the right results. AWX seems to work but all the others (Default, HomeRow, Pixaplus) don't.

So:
1) Check you don't have any script add-on in your browser - like no script, and allow RPiaddress.
2) Remove webserver from ssh xbian-config - it's not needed for this.
3) Reboot - both RPi and PC to clear any cache entries.
4) XBMC app does work, but only on certain versions - you need to tell use Phone type and version, IOS, Android, Blackberry etc. (Certain functions in Android don't work)
5) Some apps are iffy about a password - sometimes orchard fruit based OS don't like blank passwords, so set a password in xbmc and try again

, Version of XBMC remote

RE: Webserver "It Works!" page - bwaynef - 31st Aug, 2013 12:41 AM

Thanks guys. I'll check this when my sick daughter relinquishes the TV.