Forum
[PROBLEM] Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Xbian Reboots when CEC is active (/thread-1286.html)

Pages: 1 2

Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Exnor - 29th Aug, 2013 10:52 PM

Hi,

I recently updated the Xbian with the latest official updates and now i have a weird bug.

Before this week when i choose shutdown on the XBMC menu the Pi would go to shutdown mode and i just turn off my tv, but now instead of staying in "idle" it just reboots the OS, etc...

I have it hook up on a LG 32LW3000 with CEC capabilities, and i like to use the CEC to "wake up" my tv when i power my Pi, but now i have to de-activate CEC commands on the setting to be able to do a "normal" shutdown.

I also tried CLI shutdown and the result is the same :/

Any ideas?

Thks to all

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - rikardo1979 - 29th Aug, 2013 11:21 PM

so to make it clear(as I dont get it, sorry) that instead of power off the RPi just reboots back?

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Exnor - 29th Aug, 2013 11:59 PM

(29th Aug, 2013 11:21 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  so to make it clear(as I dont get it, sorry) that instead of power off the RPi just reboots back?

Yep... The RPi just normal reboots...

It display the Shutting down image etc... and at the final of the cycle it boots up again... No error's shown. its just like if i select reboot.

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - mk01 - 30th Aug, 2013 01:07 AM

One user was reporting this when we created firmware package allowing the new RPI models to start. but he was installing it manually.Can you post output of "apt-cache policy xbian-package-firmware" ?

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Exnor - 30th Aug, 2013 02:39 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 01:07 AM)mk01 Wrote:  One user was reporting this when we created firmware package allowing the new RPI models to start. but he was installing it manually.Can you post output of "apt-cache policy xbian-package-firmware" ?
here it is Smile

root@xbian:~# apt-cache policy xbian-package-firmware
xbian-package-firmware:
Installed: 1.4-4
Candidate: 1.4-4
Version table:
*** 1.4-4 0
500 mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt/ wheezy/main armhf Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
1.4-0.1 0
1.3 0
1.2 0

Any anomaly?

Thks.

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - mk01 - 30th Aug, 2013 05:07 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 02:39 AM)Exnor Wrote:  root@xbian:~# apt-cache policy xbian-package-firmware
xbian-package-firmware:
Version table:

yes, that is the experimental package - suposed to sot change one issue (not booting at all with new models) for inability to shutdown - obviously.

if important and willing to downgrade, do:
Code:
wget http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/rollback/xbian-package-firmware1.4-3.deb
dkpg -i xbian-package-firmware1.4-3.deb

mk

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Exnor - 30th Aug, 2013 08:38 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 05:07 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(30th Aug, 2013 02:39 AM)Exnor Wrote:  root@xbian:~# apt-cache policy xbian-package-firmware
xbian-package-firmware:
Version table:

yes, that is the experimental package - suposed to sot change one issue (not booting at all with new models) for inability to shutdown - obviously.

Code:

mk

Thks Smile.

I'm going to keep the current one, its not a big deal. i just wanted to know if it was a known bug/issue or if i had "broken" any part of the OS (lol) while tinkering in the options.

Any idea when a new version of the firmware package is coming?

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - mk01 - 30th Aug, 2013 08:47 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 08:38 AM)Exnor Wrote:  Any idea when a new version of the firmware package is coming?

it depends on which functionality you need to break.

(it depends, it can hourly, it can be in week, two). I will report to upstream And last there is dated 21. ugust by Broadccom.

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - markosjal - 30th Aug, 2013 10:11 AM

Similar to OP Post, but no CEC remote

updated
base-files xbian-package-firmware
on 2 sd cards and same result :
Select shut down in xbmc and pi reboots

One person said....
(30th Aug, 2013 05:07 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
xbian-package-firmware:
Version table:

Code:

mk

Now I think this touches on another theme. I have multiple Chinese and UK Pis . I see that Chinese Pis (newer) will boot off ANYTHING, however UK Pis are picky about what they boot from.They (UK Pis) will not boot off my current crop of Adata Class 10 SD cards, whereas the Chinese ones do!. If this was supposed to fix this , it did not

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Exnor - 30th Aug, 2013 09:55 PM

(30th Aug, 2013 10:11 AM)markosjal Wrote:  Now I think this touches on another theme. I have multiple Chinese and UK Pis . I see that Chinese Pis (newer) will boot off ANYTHING, however UK Pis are picky about what they boot from.They (UK Pis) will not boot off my current crop of Adata Class 10 SD cards, whereas the Chinese ones do!. If this was supposed to fix this , it did not

How can i identify if my Pi is chinese or UK? i got my 2 Pi's from RPi official retailers at day one.

thks

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - mk01 - 30th Aug, 2013 10:41 PM

(30th Aug, 2013 10:11 AM)markosjal Wrote:  Now I think this touches on another theme. I have multiple Chinese and UK Pis . I see that Chinese Pis (newer) will boot off ANYTHING, however UK Pis are picky about what they boot from.They (UK Pis) will not boot off my current crop of Adata Class 10 SD cards, whereas the Chinese ones do!. If this was supposed to fix this , it did not

Ok, now I know I have CHINA rpi, as when I was in hurry home with RPI - but no any SD Card, I bought the first 16GB i found on a Tram station oir what I was passing on the way home. It was quite cheap ADATA class10 16GB. But over time I have to add I will never ever give it out - my core speed 450, RPI running since Feb and during some development it has to resist more than 15 reboots a day, sometimes freeze and just power out/in. Never lost a bit on the card. FS corruption once because of corrupted commit on upstream.

And answer to your question is "most likely no". It was targeted for the new DRAM chips found on new models - not able to boot with ANY sdcard with older firmware. RPI foundation had to reissue firmware\.

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - rikardo1979 - 30th Aug, 2013 10:48 PM

(30th Aug, 2013 09:55 PM)Exnor Wrote:  

How can i identify if my Pi is chinese or UK? i got my 2 Pi's from RPi official retailers at day one.

thks
if you mean difference between the one for China and made in China and rest thats easy Smile chinese version uses red pcb's and rest of the world green Smile
If you mean the world green version made in China and made in Wales there is not that easy.If you have the first Version 1 with 256mb RAM, than its most likely made in China, where Version 2 512mb RAM they was started the production in Wales UK. Not sure about the newest batches, as they might split the production again between UK and CN, but not sure.
Try to dig in on RPi's website

edit:also i think that there is a silkprint on PCB's "Made in ..."

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - mk01 - 30th Aug, 2013 11:10 PM

the CHINA version is not able to stream WORLDS independent News TVS and in movies is doing PIIIP on dirty words.

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - Exnor - 31st Aug, 2013 01:58 AM

(30th Aug, 2013 10:48 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  

thks
if you mean difference between the one for China and made in China and rest thats easy Smile chinese version uses red pcb's and rest of the world green Smile
If you mean the world green version made in China and made in Wales there is not that easy.If you have the first Version 1 with 256mb RAM, than its most likely made in China, where Version 2 512mb RAM they was started the production in Wales UK. Not sure about the newest batches, as they might split the production again between UK and CN, but not sure.

thks for the info Smile.

I have a B model gen1 (256MiB RAM) and B model gen2... so one is made in China lol. Both have green PCB's.

I was just concern if there were any flaws on the ones made in China, but if there is a China PCB version then i think its not the case.

RE: Xbian Reboots when CEC is active - rikardo1979 - 31st Aug, 2013 02:20 AM

(31st Aug, 2013 01:58 AM)Exnor Wrote:  
(30th Aug, 2013 10:48 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  

thks

thks for the info Smile.

I have a B model gen1 (256MiB RAM) and B model gen2... so one is made in China lol. Both have green PCB's.

I was just concern if there were any flaws on the ones made in China, but if there is a China PCB version then i think its not the case.
no it would not be the case.
Only thing what may make a difference is that some of the boards has Samsung SoCs chip an the other uses Hynix. Samsung versions are more stable and go better with overclocking. So you may check which you have