Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 18th Sep, 2013 08:13 AM

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/rollback/xbian-package-firmware1.4-6.deb

it is content of 1.4-3, but dpkg -i will work. if it won't help, just leave it and on next fw update it will be correctly updated. if helps, let me know I will take this one to Beta2 and take care of the versioning.

RE: beta2 - Dave400 - 18th Sep, 2013 08:15 AM

(18th Sep, 2013 06:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  Dave400 and + "lsmod" command from terminal. is it the first rc0 is detected by kernel, loading ir-keymaps and then on top lirc is coming with lirc_rpi module ?

http://pastebin.com/m8weKrqS
is the #ir_mce_kbd_decoder# making the pi think a keyboard is in use?

(18th Sep, 2013 06:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  what happens if you set lirc service to disable ?
still just the left right updaown buttons, with the 'enter' button operational.. anything else just doesn't do nothing.. A5 everything worked by default..

(18th Sep, 2013 06:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  if still not full operations, if you specifies a keymap in /etc/rc_maps.cfg it's self explanatory, or first row kernel module shown on "lsmod" second row you can put * and third row would be /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce . but looks loaded already. you can check with "ir-keytable" or "ir-keytable -r" (i suppose - I don't have IR to test).

you kinda lost me there.. i get the * to comment out the kb entry...

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 18th Sep, 2013 08:17 AM

as about the backports, I can't specify exact commits, but I was following the discussions at raspbmc and as soon as popcornmix rolled them out to upstream and fixed the outstanding issues we merged as well and for me it was ok, specially around the more than 5.1 audio tracks.

so I suppose we are discussing the same thing, but again, if you want the insights, approach Koenn.

RE: beta2 - mpnico - 18th Sep, 2013 08:17 AM

This one installed fine, thx. I will report back as soon as I can try some movies at home.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 18th Sep, 2013 08:26 AM

(18th Sep, 2013 08:15 AM)Dave400 Wrote:  you kinda lost me there.. i get the * to comment out the kb entry...

Dave,

ok, it seems both trying to do something.

for rc-keymaps it seems proper map is loaded, but lircd is sticking into the process so try two things.

keep rc-keymaps as it is, disable lirc via xbian-config and try reboot.

second option is to comment out line "* rc-rc6-mce /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce" in /etc/rc_maps.conf and let lirc start.

RE: beta2 - mpnico - 18th Sep, 2013 06:50 PM

I did a quick test this morning with the new .deb on two movies, the problem is still here. Tonight I will try to deactivate pass-through as theses movies had no audio drop on beta 1.1 without my DTS receiver (audio decoded by the rpi)

The audio drop lasts less than one second and the video doesn't stutter during the drop. If I replay the scene which has just had an audio drop, the audio drop is not present.

RE: beta2 - Airwolfuk - 18th Sep, 2013 08:25 PM

(18th Sep, 2013 05:23 AM)Airwolfuk Wrote:  
(18th Sep, 2013 03:10 AM)mk01 Wrote:  ok, so this was ok. can it be with the 3.10.12 kernel ? I willl post link to previous 3.10.11 can you then wget and dpkg with Iridium, whether it will help to the WIFI problems you suddenly have?

I have RTL8192 and one more BRCM and those are ok as before.

(now realized that on my repo kernel 1.3-5 is 3.11.y kernel ! this is a big mistake of mine. put back 3.10.12 as 1.3-5.1)

so if by accident you already have 3.11.1+ (uname -r), upgrade / reinstall with 1.3-5.1 http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/pool/main/x/xbian-package-kernel/xbian-package-kernel_1.3-5.1_armhf.deb

Before I try this tomorrow, I tried to setup my WLAN again and as before it failed. However, when I went into Xbian Config (OS) to set it up, my settings were there and wifi was working. Rebooting into Xbian again and wifi works there also......

I can confirm i am on the 3.10.12 kernel and still have wifi issues

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 19th Sep, 2013 01:16 AM

(18th Sep, 2013 02:40 AM)mk01 Wrote:  Iri,
I really like you bud sometimes you are making me crazy.

Ahh shucks Shy

As I mentioned - I upgraded via xbian-config as I believed we were only polishing and not still scrubbing. I was acting like any normal user!!

If this will be normal behavior once released, to have to install any held back packages, then, that will have to be included in xbian-config, as we cannot expect users to know any different.

However, once I upgraded and reinstalled the held back packages the system is back and looks good.

I did have a panic when it failed to boot (Stuck on loading), but that was because somewhere in the upgrade process it changed cmdline.txt and removed root=/dev/sda1 in favour of root=/dev/mcblk0p1. This might be worth checking as some users will be booting off of a Flash Card or similar.

1) Wifi works - but only with eth0 unplugged. Once setup, both will work together (but not recommended)
2) USB Keyboard error -71 seems to be a power related issue.
3) Backup in ssh xbmc-config doesn't seem to be working. Ran the command and checked for the image file but nothing was there. neither was gzip running.
4) CPU usage seems much better than previous releases.
Based on TV with AC3 encoder and allowed about 2 minutes to settle down.
Idle - 10 - 25%
Music - 15%
1080 DTS 70%
1080 AC3 50%
720 DTS 55%
720 AC3 20%
avi 20%
mp4 40%

5) USB external disk drives mount and are accessible.
6) CEC message is still there but only once - not multiple times.
7) Superrepo shows blank entries.
8) xbian-bridge still respawning - no determinable reason.

All in all looking VERY good.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 19th Sep, 2013 03:31 AM

(19th Sep, 2013 01:16 AM)IriDium Wrote:  I did have a panic when it failed to boot (Stuck on loading), but that was because somewhere in the upgrade process it changed cmdline.txt and removed root=/dev/sda1 in favour of root=/dev/mcblk0p1. This might be worth checking as some users will be booting off of a Flash Card or similar.

this will be a bug and I have a feeling where. Until I fix it, just to inform you I'm almost sure, when you reboot, mmcblk will be there again.

give me a minute.

also the kept packages. first I though it's just one shot issue going from Alpha version to Beta but then I went through documentations and simply apt-get will never count packages with CHANGED dependencies (in the meaning of new packages to install because of dependency changed) as packages to upgrade.

so this was clear bug in xbian-config for ages. with the packages you have now it is fixed and also such packages will go into list of packages to update.

btw: I had a little extra today went through all possible processes running apt-get update & relevant and found a rarely happening case when other processes could run the dpkg database updates in not quite effective scenario. Hopefully fixed this as well.

@IriDium

please update /xbian-package-initramfs-tools . it should be 1.0-2.14 . retest. it should be fine.

(18th Sep, 2013 08:25 PM)Airwolfuk Wrote:  I can confirm i am on the 3.10.12 kernel and still have wifi issues

ok, then let's try as I proposed before. I will re-bundle kernel from B1.1 to match B2 version string, so you would be able to reinstall it.

then you can test the wifi.

are you ok with this ?

(19th Sep, 2013 01:16 AM)IriDium Wrote:  8) xbian-bridge still respawning - no determinable reason.

Iri,

and can you check if it is at least catching events from XBMC?

look into /var/log/upstart-xbmc-bridge.log

beta2 - Airwolfuk - 19th Sep, 2013 04:12 AM

(18th Sep, 2013 08:25 PM)Airwolfuk Wrote:  I can confirm i am on the 3.10.12 kernel and still have wifi issues

ok, then let's try as I proposed before. I will re-bundle kernel from B1.1 to match B2 version string, so you would be able to reinstall it.

are you ok with this ?
[/quote]

I am ok with but a quick update. All this using the xbian-Config GUI.

I only have wifi here tonight and only one access point shows up in the scan.

As usual, tries to connect and comes back to the access point scanned list. However, now if I restart xbian-Config my wifi settings show up and I can get out on the net.

Very strange but hopefully helps narrow it down.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 19th Sep, 2013 06:44 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 03:31 AM)mk01 Wrote:  this will be a bug and I have a feeling where. Until I fix it, just to inform you I'm almost sure, when you reboot, mmcblk will be there again.
@IriDium

please update /xbian-package-initramfs-tools . it should be 1.0-2.14 . retest. it should be fine.

You were correct. It was back this morning, but after the autoupdate and reboot, it seemed to be Ok. Will see if the next upgrade causes any issues.

(19th Sep, 2013 01:16 AM)IriDium Wrote:  8) xbian-bridge still respawning - no determinable reason.

Seems to respawn whenever a new movie or music is selected.

Cannot parse event : {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnAdd","params":{"data":{"item":{"type":"unknown"},"playlistid":1,"position":5},"sender":"xbmc"}}{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnAdd","params":{"data":{"item":{"type":"unknown"},"playlistid":1,"position":6},"sender

DMESG
Upstart log
XBMC Log

I've also noticed that "Mute", Vol up Vol down have no effect.

Can anyone else confirm this!

RE: beta2 - webjib - 19th Sep, 2013 07:59 PM

Hello,

I've installed beta 2, which is far way better (I get FF / RW, USB unmount capability, more responsive...).

However, I've got a weird issue : when I don't use xbmc, the screen saver is enabled after 3 minutes (normal behavior) and then, after a short period (maybe 3-4 minutes), my Philips TV goes to standby mode, as if CEC was sending a sleep/standby message to the TV. I've checked CEC settings, and everything is disabled. (expecially "Put devices in standby mode when activating screensaver").

This happens only since I upgraded to Beta 2.

Does xbmc goes to sleep when idle ?

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 19th Sep, 2013 08:02 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 07:59 PM)webjib Wrote:  Hello,

I've installed beta 2, which is far way better (I get FF / RW, USB unmount capability, more responsive...).

However, I've got a weird issue : when I don't use xbmc, the screen saver is enabled after 3 minutes (normal behavior) and then, after a short period (maybe 3-4 minutes), my Philips TV goes to standby mode, as if CEC was sending a sleep/standby message to the TV. I've checked CEC settings, and everything is disabled. (expecially "Put devices in standby mode when activating screensaver").

This happens only since I upgraded to Beta 2.

Does xbmc goes to sleep when idle ?

** New Feature ** Go Programs -> Xbian-config -> XBMC and turn off "Turn CEC capable TV off with screensaver"

XBMC Xbian-config -> Update.

Moving down the list, as you go past "interval days" without even selecting anything - pop up appears saying "Apply Change"

Backup complete system - Unselectable (Work in progress?)

RE: beta2 - Airwolfuk - 19th Sep, 2013 08:23 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 04:12 AM)Airwolfuk Wrote:  

are you ok with this ?

I am ok with but a quick update. All this using the xbian-Config GUI.

I only have wifi here tonight and only one access point shows up in the scan.

As usual, tries to connect and comes back to the access point scanned list. However, now if I restart xbian-Config my wifi settings show up and I can get out on the net.

Very strange but hopefully helps narrow it down.

Another quick update, trying to help you with the workflow etc.

1. Used a fixed line connection to update Xbian this morning via Xbian Config (XBMC)
2. Removed LAN cable and rebooted
3. Using Xbian Config (XBMC) scanned and found the usual long list of access points
4. Entered my key as usual - staying on "connecting etc" for a while and returned me back to the list of APs again
5. If i tried to quite it automatically tried to connect to the next AP in the list
6. If i removed the power and rebooted before it went too far, Xbian came back and my original AP was setup and working!

hope it helps

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 19th Sep, 2013 08:30 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 08:23 PM)Airwolfuk Wrote:  5. If i tried to quite it automatically tried to connect to the next AP in the list

I had something like that but I thought it was fixed. When Xbian-config went to the next item in the list (as you say), I went into ssh xbian-config and saw that my pass key was "some / thing / like / this" with a "slash" where there was a space. Entering the correct pass key it connected straight away.

ssh xbian-config -> Network.

After selecting wlan -> dhcp -> Scan. Selecting the network the buttons (Change & Cancel) are greyed out and can't be selected so you can only enter <return> to exit.