Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 5th Oct, 2013 01:55 AM

(4th Oct, 2013 07:27 PM)brantje Wrote:  [quote]
01:09:37 T:2760897600 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
01:09:38 T:2899412032 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
01:09:38 T:2899412032 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
01:09:38 T:2899412032 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:09:46 T:2899412032 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
01:15:05 T:2920014912 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
01:15:05 T:2920014912 NOTICE: XBian : screensaver activated
01:15:05 T:2760897600 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
01:15:05 T:2760897600 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:15:05 T:2760897600 NOTICE: Clock Screensaver: INIT
01:15:07 T:2760897600 NOTICE: Clock Screensaver: Color selected: 0xC0EE82EE
01:15:07 T:2823914560 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
01:16:41 T:3041133184 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
01:18:05 T:2752508992 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
01:19:38 T:3041133184 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
01:24:09 T:2823914560 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
01:24:09 T:2823914560 WARNING: COMXImage::Decode progressive images not supported by decoder
01:32:39 T:3041133184 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.

@brantje

I just tried the clock screensaver on MacOSX XBMC 12.1 (git 20130317) and it is doing the same as you sent as Beta2 bug.

It starts, but ESC doesn't work, you can't close it and after a while all fans are running at max speed. I had to kill XBMC.

Re: beta2 - f1vefour - 5th Oct, 2013 01:57 AM

No volume was simply not increasing or decreasing even though the volume was being changed through XBMC, this was/is the same on other distributions using Gotham nightlies.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 5th Oct, 2013 02:03 AM

(5th Oct, 2013 01:57 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  No volume was simply not increasing or decreasing even though the volume was being changed through XBMC, this was/is the same on other distributions using Gotham nightlies.
Well seems to be working on the "latest" and I haven't played around with anything Smile

@mk01 - These are my "bugs", updated as and when fixed or new ones discovered.
Iridiums Bug list

Fell free to edit when you feel a bug has been fixed. Tnx

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 5th Oct, 2013 04:01 AM

Mk01 and the rest of the team:

I can't describe how perfect beta 1.2 is getting. It's really impressive that you managed to optimize CPU usage, increase fluency throughout the menus while adding new features!!

Thumbs up!!!

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 5th Oct, 2013 04:16 AM

(5th Oct, 2013 04:01 AM)Smultie Wrote:  Mk01 and the rest of the team:

I can't describe how perfect beta 1.2 is getting. It's really impressive that you managed to optimize CPU usage, increase fluency throughout the menus while adding new features!!

Thumbs up!!!
I agree - bar a few little problems - Beta 1.2 is going to be kick-ass.

Huh I hope those words don't come to haunt me!!!

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 5th Oct, 2013 07:12 AM

@IriDium

IriDium Wrote:Priority 1.
1) xbian-copy pop up – I believe nothing can be done about this at the moment.
2) xbian-config – not updating heldback packages.
4) Upgrade resetting cmdline.txt to mmcblk0p1 even if it was sda1
7) USB DVD drive (Unable to test as no H/W)
Priority 2.
3) Profile selecting on load causes crash or XBMC not to start
Priority 3.
1) xbian-config – network wlan change/cancel not selectable
4) Only 15 characters allowed in xbian-config backup to img
Priority 4
1) Remove debug checks where needed.
4) Amber for Xbian not loading
5) Xbian repo - not working

1.1 if I remember correctly the reported problem was backuphome not being displaying anything, just the comment before. week (or even two) ago I added dialog displaying work in progress with final ok / failed
1.2 the process of finding packages to update/upgrade was changed a while back - don't even remember - prerequisite to it is actual xbian-package-config-shell. communication to this was posted few pages back
1.4 that was fixed the same day as bug created and reported by someone. just to be sure re-checked now a is ok.
1.7 I was explaining this already few times and will again. this functionality lacks support from upstream. existing solutions (like in RaspBMC) are using special add-on for this and external player. I tried external player (mplayer) long ago and was able to play DVDs. if someone will write a wiki how / what to install to play DVDs, we will publish it or even merge into standard install.
2.3 this is not related to latest XBMC package. what you are experiencing is not a crash, but controlled termination. there is autoexec.py in profile dir which is loaded after all subsystems within XBMC are started (python tasks, add ons, skin fully loaded etc). code inside it is reporting to system that xbmc has started successfully. profile selection screen makes this never to load and after 100s failsafe script stops xbmc and related processes - as system assumes that xbmc wasn't loaded successfully. in xbian-package-config-xbmc_1.1.3-12 i added python script notification about xbmc loaded - but this is far from ideal as this is started too soon and xbmc can still crash until fully loaded.
3.1 that was confirmed maybe a week ago as working
3.4 this was committed today with many checks like source & dest not being the same, if img, img can't be located inside source partition, check for available space and more.
4.1 these are removed. the one which is still there is not leaving large logs behind as it is create on /run and is not affecting performance. probably it will become part of XBian
4.4 I use XBian modded Amber on all installations at home so probably point 4.5 applies. On top of that the mod was developed by Fred and he has disappeared somehow. I have zero experience creating skins. maybe to say it as it is: if works, works. If now, I can't do anything about. If someone is able to track the issues, fine, the help will be appreciated.
4.5 this is not included in XBian, nor provided as working nor planned for Beta2. idea is good though, that's why I created it. I know you and someone else reported XBMC not accepting the zip (wrong structure), but as I'm using it on 2xrpi 1xatv2 and 3xMacOSX I don't see now a way to fix it. this will require debug logging from all for whom this is not working and this is very time consuming - so not on the schedule right now. maybe I will get back to it when beta2 will be launched and new devel repo created on the same place. (btw: as I see in http logs few XBMCs updating the repo data including Amber Skin, this will be some kind of tricky problem)

x.x xbmc-bridge respawning during profile selection is caused by the fact that XBMC is closing EventServer tcp port before going to profile selection. there is no event generated about this so again solution is not nice. I added 30s sleep when xbmc bridge fails to connect so what will happen is: xbmc starts - xbmc bridge starts - you go into profile selection - xbmc bridge quits - upstart will restart (respawn) it - bridge won't connect - will sleep for 30s before exits. unfortunately this will not solve the respawning circle, just will make it happen less often. instead of 15x/minute just 2x/minute.

RE: beta2 - brantje - 5th Oct, 2013 08:27 AM

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 5th Oct, 2013 05:26 PM

(4th Oct, 2013 10:43 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
Ok - that didn't make much difference. Same respawning issue - although it didn't crash this time.

All I did was create a new user, add a picture, accept the defaults, enable profiles, logged off "Master", selected new user - and that's where it stayed for about 5 minutes (I guess it was doing "something").

Eventually worked, but bridge must have respawned about 30 times (once every ~3 seconds).

Rebooted and XBMC didn't start - went to logon screen.
Manually started XBMC - started - selected "Secondary Profile", and then crashed.
Manually started XBMC - started - left for a bit - Crashed to login prompt.
Manually started XBMC - started - selected "Master Profile" - all OK.
Diasbled login screen: - all OK

So it's something to do with the Seconday profile.

Iridiums Bugs (Click to View)
1.1 Was within XBMC - when "something" is running, you get the mount "browse" function box popup, either called "Xbian-copy" or "Xbian-root-btrfs" (This is when the mount/unmount box appears in the bottom right hand corner.
[attachment=236]

2.3 Still occuring even with downgraded kernel. Maybe I'm doing something wrong as I've never used this functionality before.
3.4 Will test img and backup today once I upgrade.

-------> img creation: Looks good - Personally - I'd like to see messages whilst it's doing it's bit. Just having a box saying "Please wait until Ok button appears" - is a bit disconcerting. Is it working or has it crashed? I’m sure there was messages before. Process finished but No "OK" button appeared. Just text about if you created img file, cmdline.txt will be changed automatically. Unable to exit out of it!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from that, it's all looking very good.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 5th Oct, 2013 06:36 PM

(5th Oct, 2013 05:26 PM)IriDium Wrote:  Ok - that didn't make much difference. Same respawning issue - although it didn't crash this time.

All I did was create a new user, add a picture, accept the defaults, enable profiles, logged off "Master", selected new user - and that's where it stayed for about 5 minutes (I guess it was doing "something").

Eventually worked, but bridge must have respawned about 30 times (once every ~3 seconds).

Rebooted and XBMC didn't start - went to logon screen.
Manually started XBMC - started - selected "Secondary Profile", and then crashed.
Manually started XBMC - started - left for a bit - Crashed to login prompt.
Manually started XBMC - started - selected "Master Profile" - all OK.
Diasbled login screen: - all OK

So it's something to do with the Seconday profile.

haven't popup the config-xbmc version so without —reinstall wasn't upgraded for those with 1.1.3-12 already. so 1.1.3-13 will do the job.

and this is not related to kernel. nor xbmc version. but I was explaining it two posts back.

RE: beta2 - rndl - 5th Oct, 2013 07:14 PM

(4th Oct, 2013 09:47 PM)namtih Wrote:  It's all online. So you should be able to update.
Just open your "/etc/apt/sources.list" and add the line "deb http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com wheezy main" to it. And then the 3 apt-get commands.
Code:
root@xbian ~ # more  /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
#deb mirror://apt.xbian.org/mirror.txt wheezy main
deb http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com wheezy main

Done, every file seems to be available now. Anyway, I have some issues.
1st - Config still says 1.0 beta 1
2nd - Can't skip forward nor rewind (with the cursor keys). That happened to me also in the beta 1.1
3rd - I can't shutdown the system. If I power-off via the shutdown menu in XBMC, it just takes me to the "powered off" screen, then the Pi restarts.

Am I really on beta 2? (no errors in the update). Thought the skip thing was resolved. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

RE: beta2 - C.S. - 5th Oct, 2013 07:49 PM

Thank you all guys! Beta 2 works fine with me till now.
The only issue I noticed was that after several hours of movie/video watching xbmc service suddenly stopped but the system was accessible over ssh. Unfortunately I hadn't debug logging enabled to check more details, but I found the following in the log:

Code:
01:13:30 T:2971276352   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.audio_mixer - OMX_ErrorPortUnpopulated port 0, cannot parse input stream
01:13:30 T:2711614528   ERROR: OMXPlayerVideo: Got MSGQ_IS_ERROR(-1) Aborting
01:13:31 T:3040834176 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:15:08 T:3040834176 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
01:15:10 T:2743067712   ERROR: Output - renderer not started
01:15:10 T:2743067712   ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.

RE: beta2 - namtih - 5th Oct, 2013 07:58 PM

Yeah, it was already mentioned several times the last days. The new XBMC versions seem quite unstable, but we didn't found the reason yet. But it's probably more an XBMC issue than a XBian issue.

Mk01 uploaded an older version, which seems stable the last months. Could you give it a try and report back, if it's stable for you?
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1312-post-16103.html#pid16103

RE: beta2 - brantje - 5th Oct, 2013 08:41 PM

btw, where is the support for logitech keyboards?
It was in beta 1.1 working.

Now the buttons on the keyboard don't work anymore (mute / volume down).

So in keyboard.xml
Code:
<f13>Mute</f13>
<f14>VolumeDown</f14>

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 5th Oct, 2013 09:08 PM

(5th Oct, 2013 07:14 PM)rndl Wrote:  
@rndl When you ssh in, the motd should read XBian v1.0B2
2) Skipping works in beta 1.2
3) So too does poweroff

These errors occured months ago, so I think you have done something wrong:

Are you sure you did an apt-get clean first?

(5th Oct, 2013 08:41 PM)brantje Wrote:  btw, where is the support for logitech keyboards?
It was in beta 1.1 working.

Now the buttons on the keyboard don't work anymore (mute / volume down).

So in keyboard.xml
Code:
<f13>Mute</f13>
<f14>VolumeDown</f14>

@brantje On my Logitech KB/s (K400 and 1500 laser) F8=Mute, F9=down and F10=Up

XBMC xbian-config:
Startup progress screen is much much better :-)

Backup: Says not functional (well actually says functionnal - but what's an extra "n" between friends!) but is active. Moving the cursor down and then left pops up box "Apply change" when nothing was changed.

RE: beta2 - rndl - 5th Oct, 2013 10:39 PM

(5th Oct, 2013 09:08 PM)IriDium Wrote:  @rndl When you ssh in, the motd should read XBian v1.0B2
2) Skipping works in beta 1.2
3) So too does poweroff

Yeah, but will triple-check, going to update everything again from 1.1. I didnt connected by SSH yet, but the xbian-config clearly says 1.1. Will come back to tell what happened.

Another question: How do I test different kernels? The packages section in the config seems broken, as when I try to install the latest kernel (which I guess it's already installed) it gives me an error. No other kernels are available there, btw.