Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - rndl - 6th Oct, 2013 05:36 AM

(6th Oct, 2013 05:27 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(6th Oct, 2013 05:22 AM)rndl Wrote:  
(6th Oct, 2013 05:09 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @rndi Do you actually read any of the posts?

What does "remote control via Android doesn't seem to work" actually mean? What remote control - Yatse, XBMC remote or something other? and HOW does it not work.

If you continue to post nonsense posts I CERTAINLY will refuse to offer any more additional assistance.

Sorry! Smile I mean activating Settings -> Network -> Web Server and then Settings -> Network -> Remote Control with both "Allow programs from this system to remote control XBMC" and "Allow programs from other systems to remote control XBMC" doesn't seem to work. To connect I normally use the official XBMC client for Android (basically connects to the web server of XBMC). Is strange as with the previous release it worked out of the box.
make sure you got all settings checked, make sure you have port 8080 in and not 80 as it sometimes happened.and also make sure that the IP address of your RPi is still same as in your remote control application

Thanks mate! Nah I'm afraid is not that. Been using it for a while so it was the first thing I checked. The funny thing is both this and 1.1 didn't report the MAC once configured in the android app and yet the previous version worked. Maybe it's not working because I set up the static IP in Xbian config?

Re: beta2 - f1vefour - 6th Oct, 2013 11:17 AM

@IriDium The DVDPlayer option has been there, I'm almost certain that it is there because it is a different function on X86 and the XBMC team strives to keep the codebase in sync over all platforms.

RE: beta2 - brantje - 6th Oct, 2013 09:06 PM

Dunnow what i've done but...
Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ reboot -f
failed.

RE: beta2 - namtih - 7th Oct, 2013 12:17 AM

Is it a reboot after an update or do you just want to reboot? Did you try with sudo?

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 7th Oct, 2013 05:32 AM

(6th Oct, 2013 09:06 PM)brantje Wrote:  Dunnow what i've done but...
Code:
failed.
This only happens if you are user xbian - not if you are root, which you need to be.

RE: beta2 - brantje - 7th Oct, 2013 07:35 PM

With yesterday's apt-get upgrade my XBMC doesn't start after boot.
In xbian-config it shows as autostart.

(7th Oct, 2013 05:32 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(6th Oct, 2013 09:06 PM)brantje Wrote:  Dunnow what i've done but...
Code:
failed.
This only happens if you are user xbian - not if you are root, which you need to be.
I didn't had coffee Tongue

RE: beta2 - rndl - 7th Oct, 2013 09:51 PM

Has anybody tested the Download Package 3.0? Any notes for the beta 2 users, or it can be installed as if we were on beta 1?

Updated with the URI of the package. Will come back to update on the subject after installing it.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 8th Oct, 2013 01:44 AM

(7th Oct, 2013 09:51 PM)rndl Wrote:  Has anybody tested the Download Package 3.0? Any notes for the beta 2 users, or it can be installed as if we were on beta 1?

Errrrr: I have no idea what you are talking about. Please elucidate or at least expand on what you are asking.

My guess would be if it installed on Beta 1, it should install on Beta 1.2 - this is what is called testing.

(7th Oct, 2013 09:51 PM)rndl Wrote:  Has anybody tested the Download Package 3.0? Any notes for the beta 2 users, or it can be installed as if we were on beta 1?

Updated with the URI of the package. Will come back to update on the subject after installing it.
Much better: Now I understand. Smile Not too sure if it has been tested, I certainly haven't.

RE: beta2 - belese - 8th Oct, 2013 03:12 AM

i run again a "no space device" (4Gb).
it happen quite fast, but i've download, and remove files in home dir (but not too much, maybe 1Gb of write/delete home).
problem is when it happen, quite all bash command end with a 'no space left error', and the pi is slooooooow, maybe 2 minutes between ssh login and xbian-config-bash screen appear. xbmc did'nt start at all on reboot. i can't even remove file with rm.

all backup settings was default and i've flash sd card 15 days ago.

i want to remove backup snapshot, but i didn't find mko1 explanation; i know there were in a thread, but don't find it. i've reread all beta2, but it wasn't in this thread. Is someone has command or link to thread?

Thanks.

every btrfs-auto-snapshot command i try do :
sudo: unable to write to /var/lib/sudo/xbian/3: No space left on device
Error: another copy is running ... 0
Error: another copy is running ... 1
Error: another copy is running ... 12

RE: beta2 - darrylb - 8th Oct, 2013 07:59 AM

RE: beta2 - darrylb - 8th Oct, 2013 01:18 PM

Ok, I figured out how to update, sound control issue is fixed! Smile

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 8th Oct, 2013 04:12 PM

(8th Oct, 2013 03:12 AM)belese Wrote:  i run again a "no space device" (4Gb).
it happen quite fast, but i've download, and remove files in home dir (but not too much, maybe 1Gb of write/delete home).
problem is when it happen, quite all bash command end with a 'no space left error', and the pi is slooooooow, maybe 2 minutes between ssh login and xbian-config-bash screen appear. xbmc did'nt start at all on reboot. i can't even remove file with rm.

i want to remove backup snapshot, but i didn't find mko1 explanation; i know there were in a thread, but don't find it. i've reread all beta2, but it wasn't in this thread. Is someone has command or link to thread?

Thanks.

I think I'm experiencing the same issue. The install feels really slow at times (not XBMC itself, but SSH-ing in, sudo apt-get etc).

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 8th Oct, 2013 04:21 PM

ssh xbian-config:

Unable to create image file.

Tried 1 x 16G SD card (FAT32) and 1 x 8G (BTRFS) Flash Drive & 1 x 120G (Fat32) USB HDD: Same error.

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 9th Oct, 2013 01:41 AM

(8th Oct, 2013 04:12 PM)Smultie Wrote:  
(8th Oct, 2013 03:12 AM)belese Wrote:  i run again a "no space device" (4Gb).

Thanks.

I think I'm experiencing the same issue. The install feels really slow at times (not XBMC itself, but SSH-ing in, sudo apt-get etc).

This is getting worse and worse. Can't even SSH in at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4ohjtm03xybqlo/Screenshot%202013-10-08%2017.32.16.png

Been stuck there for at least 10 minutes.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 9th Oct, 2013 02:15 AM

(8th Oct, 2013 03:12 AM)belese Wrote:  i want to remove backup snapshot, but i didn't find mko1 explanation; i know there were in a thread, but don't find it. i've reread all beta2, but it wasn't in this thread. Is someone has command or link to thread?
@belese Thread was in the earlier Beta 2 thread Snapshot deletion