Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 9th Oct, 2013 03:36 AM

When trying to access xbmc-backup via Samba on Mac OSX:

"The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “xbmc-backup” can’t be found."

All the other predefined shared folders work perfectly fine.

When using a thrd party app over SFTP, I can access xbmc-backup as well.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 9th Oct, 2013 03:45 AM

(9th Oct, 2013 03:36 AM)Smultie Wrote:  When trying to access xbmc-backup via Samba on Mac OSX:

"The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “xbmc-backup” can’t be found."

It works for me, but I am on antiquated Leopard (or is it dull tabby cat)

Doesn't sound like a Xbian problem, more a OSX.

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 9th Oct, 2013 04:02 AM

(9th Oct, 2013 03:45 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(9th Oct, 2013 03:36 AM)Smultie Wrote:  When trying to access xbmc-backup via Samba on Mac OSX:

Well maybe, but all the other shares work perfectly okay.... that's a bit strange right?

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 9th Oct, 2013 04:23 AM

(9th Oct, 2013 04:02 AM)Smultie Wrote:  

Well maybe, but all the other shares work perfectly okay.... that's a bit strange right?

How are you accessing it? I go Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server -> smb://<RPi> select xbian-backup.

If you're on Lion - see OSX file sharing

Have you checked the permissions on xbian-backup?

RE: beta2 - Dave400 - 9th Oct, 2013 06:20 AM

(4th Oct, 2013 05:14 AM)Dave400 Wrote:  
(4th Oct, 2013 05:01 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @Dave400

thanks for confirming this. So I can release new version of xbian-package-lirc and put on repo?

yes i think it's good to go for a new version of xbian-package-lirc

Bad news.. I installed the lirc update (along with 5 other packages) and now my remote is behaving how it was before, I've rolled back using a snapshot and will install the other updates again but leave out lirc for the time being...

RE: beta2 - Dave400 - 9th Oct, 2013 07:53 AM

OK, I've now installed all except the lirc update, again the same issue came back so it's one of the other packages screwing the lirc fix up that @mk01 did the other day..

I'll install the other packages one by one tommorow to isolate which is causing the issue..

RE: beta2 - thenork - 9th Oct, 2013 04:15 PM

(9th Oct, 2013 07:53 AM)Dave400 Wrote:  OK, I've now installed all except the lirc update, again the same issue came back so it's one of the other packages screwing the lirc fix up that @mk01 did the other day..

I'll install the other packages one by one tommorow to isolate which is causing the issue..

Hi, I've been trying to troubleshoot some of the lirc stuff as well. I recently switched from my pinnacle usb mceusb remote recevier to a lirc_rpi one. I added lirc_rpi to /etc/modules and removed the hardware/custom.conf I put into /etc/lirc. The lirc_rpi definitely works better. However, I am getting the 2-for-one double key press problem. It may have something to do with a virtual input device? I notice that when I run "service lirc start" lircd runs, and I also get a dmesg output like:
Terminal
input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input0
and I also get the double button press. However, if I then run "service lirc stop" and then simply "lircd", I get no virtual device set up, and no double key presses and the remote acts like I want it to. So maybe there is something up with the lirc init script?

Also, though, after a while key presses crash xbmc into a black screen, which recovers only when I restart xbmc. Nothing about it that I noticed in xbmc.log or dmesg.

Also since a recent update, when I log into xbian's samba sever via my mac lion, I don't have proper permissions, and I can't copy anything to it. I ran chmod a+wr on everything and it didn't make a difference. This happened with some earlier update, but then got better, but now it seems to have regressed.

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 9th Oct, 2013 05:52 PM

(9th Oct, 2013 04:23 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(9th Oct, 2013 04:02 AM)Smultie Wrote:  

How are you accessing it? I go Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server -> smb://<RPi> select xbian-backup.

If you're on Lion - see OSX file sharing

Have you checked the permissions on xbian-backup?

Maybe I haven't made myself clear.
I can access all other samba-shares from the same Pi (ie xbmc-home, xmbc-logs (!?) and the other one.
Per default, 4 maps are shared by my Pi. The only folder I can't access is xbian-backup.

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 11th Oct, 2013 03:22 AM

No one else whose Beta 2 install keeps getting slower and slower?

Re: RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 11th Oct, 2013 01:04 PM

(11th Oct, 2013 03:22 AM)Smultie Wrote:  No one else whose Beta 2 install keeps getting slower and slower?

How many backups do you have? How full is your system partition?

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 11th Oct, 2013 04:22 PM

Still had 35% free disk space (overall). How can I count my backups?
Just reinstalled the whole thing and decided to stay away from ssh-ing in as much as possible.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 11th Oct, 2013 11:07 PM

(9th Oct, 2013 04:02 AM)Smultie Wrote:  Well maybe, but all the other shares work perfectly okay.... that's a bit strange right?

I suppose this one needs "Connect As…" (xbian/raspberry).
I will change in next update round.

(11th Oct, 2013 03:22 AM)Smultie Wrote:  No one else whose Beta 2 install keeps getting slower and slower?

large number of snapshots can affect filesystem operations negatively, but LARGE means at least 20-30 snapshots per subvolume.

default is 3/daily/subvolume + 2/weekly/subvolume + max 10 for snapshots created before apt-get upgrade / install. you can change the max numbers in /etc/default/xbian-snap (ssh, @belese is currently implementing this into XBIAN CONFIG (XBMC).

you can check actual listing with
Code:
sudo btrfs-auto-snapshot list

or to count total number for all subvolumes

sudo btrfs-auto-snapshot list | grep -c .

you need to use ssh for this, I'm writing interface to XBIAN CONFIG (XBMC).

(9th Oct, 2013 04:15 PM)thenork Wrote:  1) It may have something to do with a virtual input device? I notice that when I run "service lirc start" lircd runs, and I also get a dmesg output like:
Terminal
and I also get the double button press. However, if I then run "service lirc stop" and then simply "lircd", I get no virtual device set up, and no double key presses and the remote acts like I want it to. So maybe there is something up with the lirc init script?

Also, though, after a while key presses crash xbmc into a black screen, which recovers only when I restart xbmc. Nothing about it that I noticed in xbmc.log or dmesg.

2) Also since a recent update, when I log into xbian's samba sever via my mac lion, I don't have proper permissions, and I can't copy anything to it. I ran chmod a+wr on everything and it didn't make a difference.

1) what happens if you put "uinput" module into blacklist? or if you unclick "remote sends key presses" in XBMC input devices settings?

2) what share specifically? is you mac logging as xbian or guest?

(9th Oct, 2013 06:20 AM)Dave400 Wrote:  Bad news.. I installed the lirc update (along with 5 other packages) and now my remote is behaving how it was before, I've rolled back using a snapshot and will install the other updates again but leave out lirc for the time being...

could we maybe use the remote session again?

(8th Oct, 2013 04:21 PM)IriDium Wrote:  ssh xbian-config:

Unable to create image file.

Tried 1 x 16G SD card (FAT32) and 1 x 8G (BTRFS) Flash Drive & 1 x 120G (Fat32) USB HDD: Same error.

This is caused by too small filesystem (~ 1GB - this size is derived from source partition size).

I will issue a fix but it will cause a performance hit later if flashed to a SD card (2GB+) and resized to full size of SD card.

(performance hit comparing to Beta2 default filesystem (once img will be issued). it should not be "slower" than Beta1X - or upgraded systems).

(8th Oct, 2013 03:12 AM)belese Wrote:  i run again a "no space device" (4Gb).
it happen quite fast, but i've download, and remove files in home dir (but not too much, maybe 1Gb of write/delete home).
problem is when it happen, quite all bash command end with a 'no space left error', and the pi is slooooooow, maybe 2 minutes between ssh login and xbian-config-bash screen appear. xbmc did'nt start at all on reboot. i can't even remove file with rm.

@belese,

disable snapshots completely in /etc/default/xbian-snap (ENABLEDSCHEDULE=no and ENABLEDAPT=no).

(6th Oct, 2013 05:36 AM)rndl Wrote:  Thanks mate! Nah I'm afraid is not that. Been using it for a while so it was the first thing I checked. The funny thing is both this and 1.1 didn't report the MAC once configured in the android app and yet the previous version worked. Maybe it's not working because I set up the static IP in Xbian config?

the first thing to check would be
Code:
sudo fuser 8080/tcp

if you get non empty output, it will return PID currently listening on TCP port 8080. then you can check with
Code:
sudo ps aux | grep xbmc.bin

whether the PID is the PID of XBMC.

also there should be
Code:
14:02:03 T:3041104512  NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...
14:02:03 T:3041104512  NOTICE: WebServer: Started the web server

in /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log when started automatically. you can check with:

Code:
grep "Started the web" /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 12th Oct, 2013 12:08 AM

(6th Oct, 2013 01:18 AM)IriDium Wrote:  As the upgrade reboots the RPi when it has finished, I would like to keep a log of what has happened.

Currently I run apt-get -y upgrade > xbian-upgrade.log and then from another window, to see what is happening, tail -f xbian-upgrade.log

Is there a simpler or more elegant solution?
@IriDium

it depends on the way you are upgrading. I don't know how much releases back this changed (at least one week old xbian-package-config-shell for sure) but:

1) no update (even xbian-update package) should reboot RPI automatically if
a) XBMC is running
b) xbian-config is running
2) before, there was popup in xbian-config GUI mode after xbian-update install which if closed rebooted RPI, this was removed
3) reboot will be triggered only if updating packages directly through "apt-get install/update" and 1) is not true (XBMC not running nor xbian-config is)
4) if any of the package updates should request a reboot, popup in XBMC will be displayed or xbian-config GUI mode will ask to reboot upon exit.

so if case 3) applies, more elegant would be
"apt-get -y upgrade |tee /home/xbian/xbian-upgrade.log" which will output to screen and will save the same into /home/xbian/xbian-upgrade.log

anyhow, each apt-get operation's output is saved by apt-get itself into /var/log/term.log

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 12th Oct, 2013 12:26 AM

In case of double keypresses you need to remove the conflicting keys from either the Lircmap of XBMC or Lirc itself. XBMC has a Lirc interface on it's own, so if both Lirc and XBMC react to the same keypress you get doubles.

RE: beta2 - thenork - 12th Oct, 2013 02:40 AM

(11th Oct, 2013 11:07 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(9th Oct, 2013 04:15 PM)thenork Wrote:  1) It may have something to do with a virtual input device? I notice that when I run "service lirc start" lircd runs, and I also get a dmesg output like:
Terminal

2) Also since a recent update, when I log into xbian's samba sever via my mac lion, I don't have proper permissions, and I can't copy anything to it. I ran chmod a+wr on everything and it didn't make a difference.

1) what happens if you put "uinput" module into blacklist? or if you unclick "remote sends key presses" in XBMC input devices settings?

2) what share specifically? is you mac logging as xbian or guest?

1) I will try when I get home. If I blacklist uinput, will i still be able to use a keyboard?
2) I have no read/write permissions from my mac logging on to xbian as either xbian or guest. Also from clicking the icon or from running "Connect to sever" and using smb://xbian.local.

CurlyMo Wrote:In case of double keypresses you need to remove the conflicting keys from either the Lircmap of XBMC or Lirc itself. XBMC has a Lirc interface on it's own, so if both Lirc and XBMC react to the same keypress you get doubles.
I'm using a mce remote: If I comment out the mceusb.conf from my lircd.conf the remote doesn't work anymore at all. I think that lircd.conf->mceusb.conf tells lirc how to interpret
the ir signal, which turns into KEY_OK or the like. Currently I don't know how lirc itself would be doing anything else with it. I don't have a lircrc file, so it must be xbmc, right?
I also changed my Lircmap.xml so that "power" runs a script, and I noticed that with the double keypresses, that pressing the power button runs my script but also brings up the shutdown menu. Therefore the power button must be activating Lircmap but also some other map, which has not been changed. Probably keyboard, right?
Edit: I forgot I may have added my own mceusb.conf at some point. Maybe I should wipe my lirc directory and try again.

Not to get philosophical, but, why would "service lirc start" link my remote to multiple keypresses and running lircd with defaults does not?

Otherwise my system is working pretty fast I think!