Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 14th Oct, 2013 04:00 AM

Terminal

+ [ -f /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml.xbian ]
+ . /etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf
+ [ -z ]
+ [ true ]
+ [ true ]
+ [ -z ]
+ [ -z ]
+ [ -z ]
+ [ -z ]
+ [ -z ]
+ [ -z ]
+ + + grepwc lirc_rp[i1]
dmesg -l

+ [ 4 -gt 0 ]
+ . /etc/lirc/hardware/lirc_rpi.conf
+ LIRCD_ARGS=-u -a
+ LOAD_MODULES=true
+ DRIVER=default
+ DEVICE=/dev/lirc0
+ MODULES=lirc_rpi
+ [ ! -f /etc/lirc/lircd.conf ]
+ grep -q ^#UNCONFIGURED /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
+ [ ! -f /etc/lirc/lircmd.conf ]
+ grep -q ^#UNCONFIGURED /etc/lirc/lircmd.conf
+ START_LIRCMD=false
+ [ ! -f /etc/lirc/lircrc ]
+ grep -q ^#UNCONFIGURED /etc/lirc/lircrc
+ [ -d /var/run/lirc ]
+ [ true = true ]
+ [ true = true ]
+ load_modules lirc_rpi
+ MODULES_MISSING=false
+ echo Loading LIRC modules
Loading LIRC modules
+ [ lirc_rpi = udev ]
+ modprobe lirc_rpi
+ false
+ ln -fs ../var/run/lirc/lircd /dev/lircd
+ [ true = true ]
+ echo Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC
Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC
+ build_args -u -a
+ ARGS=-u -a
+ [ -z /dev/lirc0 ]
+ [ -n /dev/lirc0 ]
+ [ /dev/lirc0 != none ]
+ ARGS=--device=/dev/lirc0 -u -a
+ [ -n default ]
+ [ default != none ]
+ ARGS=--driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 -u -a
+ echo --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 -u -a
+ LIRCD_ARGS=--driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 -u -a
+ [ ! -z --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 -u -a ]
+ exec=/usr/local/sbin/lircd
+ execargs=--driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 -u -a
+ [ false = true ]
+ [ true = true ]
+ echo Starting execution daemon: irexec
Starting execution daemon: irexec
+ exec=/usr/local/bin/irexec
+ execargs=-d /etc/lirc/lircrc
+ echo /usr/local/bin/irexec
+ echo -d /etc/lirc/lircrc
+ cat /run/lirc.args
+ set -- -d /etc/lirc/lircrc
+ exec /usr/local/bin/irexec -d /etc/lirc/lircrc

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 05:27 AM

(14th Oct, 2013 04:00 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  + exec /usr/local/bin/irexec -d /etc/lirc/lircrc

can you reinstall with this package ? and report ? If I got the point, not only lircd should be started but lircrc as well ?

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 14th Oct, 2013 06:07 AM

I don't know what you mean. irexec is part of Lirc.
Terminal

root@pi: ~# dpkg-query -L xbian-package-lirc
/.
/lib
/lib/udev
/lib/udev/rules.d
/lib/udev/rules.d/80-iguanaIR.rules
/etc
/etc/init
/etc/init/lirc.conf
/etc/default
/etc/default/iguanaIR
/etc/lirc
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes
/etc/lirc/remotes/srm7500.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes/tigerfly.xml
/etc/lirc/remotes/smt1000t.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes/mceusb.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes/xbox.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes/x10-or32e.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes/devinput.conf
/etc/lirc/remotes/speedlink.xml
/etc/lirc/lircmd.conf
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware
/etc/lirc/hardware/xbox.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/default.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/x10.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/mceusb_event1.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/mceusb_event0.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/mceusb.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/logitech_ultrax.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/lirc_rpi.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/mceusb_event2.conf
/etc/lirc/hardware/srm7500libusb.conf
/etc/init.d
/etc/init.d/iguanaIR
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libiguanaIR.so
/usr/lib/iguanaIR
/usr/lib/iguanaIR/libusb.so
/usr/include
/usr/include/iguanaIR.h
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/igdaemon
/usr/bin/igclient
/usr/local
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/bin/irsend
/usr/local/bin/pronto2lirc
/usr/local/bin/mode2
/usr/local/bin/irw
/usr/local/bin/irexec
/usr/local/bin/irpty
/usr/local/bin/ircat
/usr/local/bin/irrecord
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/sbin/lircmd
/usr/local/sbin/lircd
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/liblirc_client.la
/usr/local/lib/liblirc_client.so.0.2.1
/usr/local/lib/liblirc_client.a
/usr/local/include
/usr/local/include/lirc
/usr/local/include/lirc/lirc_client.h
/etc/init.d/lirc

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 06:53 AM

yes it is part, but default configuration is set to load just lircd so I needed to confirm, that YOUR setup is to load lircrc as well and that the issue you have is that only one get loaded (lircrc and not lircd alongside with it).

because otherwise it is all processed properly (on the output you sent). the above issue I asked to retest with the linked package.

colleagues,

I created image of Beta2. available at http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian.beta2.7z .

It was clean old Beta1 image (without 1.1 fix), booted, updated to Beta2 and created IMG with the backup function.

Can anyone with spare 2 hours flash it , boot and check for general usability ? Details are not needed, just general info whether it boots and works or is broken somehow.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 14th Oct, 2013 07:56 AM

When i start Lirc with upstart neither lircd or irexec is started.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 08:45 AM

according the output you sent

Code:
/usr/local/bin/irexec -d /etc/lirc/lircrc

is starred with exit code 0 (so ok, was started). but irexec can simply start and quit because lircd is not started before and this is what i'm asking third time already to confirm and retest the above package in case your answer would be "yes" in a week or so.

RE: beta2 - b0rna - 14th Oct, 2013 09:28 AM

(14th Oct, 2013 06:53 AM)mk01 Wrote:  yes it is part, but default configuration is set to load just lircd so I needed to confirm, that YOUR setup is to load lircrc as well and that the issue you have is that only one get loaded (lircrc and not lircd alongside with it).

because otherwise it is all processed properly (on the output you sent). the above issue I asked to retest with the linked package.

colleagues,

I created image of Beta2. available at http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian.beta2.7z .

It was clean old Beta1 image (without 1.1 fix), booted, updated to Beta2 and created IMG with the backup function.

Can anyone with spare 2 hours flash it , boot and check for general usability ? Details are not needed, just general info whether it boots and works or is broken somehow.

Ill get right on this.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 14th Oct, 2013 10:00 AM

It just doesn't work and i have no clue what i should test. Sorry, but it seems to be a lingual issue that you can't express clearly enough in English what you want this time.

How can i tell from the upstart log what the return code of a command was?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 10:05 AM

@b0rna

perfect, thanks.

RE: beta2 - b0rna - 14th Oct, 2013 10:21 AM

(14th Oct, 2013 10:05 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @b0rna

perfect, thanks.

Flashed image. Booted right up. Added tons of SMB shares with TMDB to parse. Set location/time zone, browsed around through menus and such. Played back x264. Will continue to test and report any issues. Stay tuned.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 10:25 AM

(14th Oct, 2013 10:00 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  It just doesn't work and i have no clue what i should test. Sorry, but it seems to be a lingual issue that you can't express clearly enough in English what you want this time.

How can i tell from the upstart log what the return code of a command was?

@CurlyMo

we can play this "who the fuck is linux" game for few days more but you wrote the scripts, you developed the workflows, you even put copyrights on it and shared your pride.

you could have solved two stupid bugs making IR RC in XBian lately problematic in 10 minutes. but no, you rather let the users without the function for months with a statement, "IT WORKS FOR ME".

i will repeat again myself and ask you to retest with package I sent a link to (two or three posts back), but I suppose you don't know how, right ? and then if I create an detailed how to with one step on one line saying "dpkg -i " you won't be able to do it again, because it is hardly to understand - unfortunately not in Dutch, right?

funny story to tell, really. funny story.

(14th Oct, 2013 10:21 AM)b0rna Wrote:  Flashed image. Booted right up. Added tons of SMB shares with TMDB to parse. Set location/time zone, browsed around through menus and such. Played back x264. Will continue to test and report any issues. Stay tuned.

when you are now speaking about TZ, i just remembered there is still one issue with changing the same settings for XBMC.

this functionality was added. and works. written on a "paper" - in a lab. the problem is that if XBMC is running at the time guisettings.xml is updated, this change becomes ineffective as XBMC re-saves the file with in-memory settings on exit.

currently no idea how to nicely solve this. the most elegant maybe is put this action as action to start before xbmc starts, then trigger popup with "XBMC needs to be restarted". so you hit restart, xbmc quits, guisettings changes and XBMC starts with TZ the same as set in xbian-config CLI.

btw: as we agree on any solution around this later, … we realize that Gotham is released and TZ settings is not relevant anymore, because Gotham is using system TZ Big Grin

I think this simply is not worth the effort anymore.

OR

we can auto sync system TZ to XBMC on each XBMC start. takes 0.01s of system time.

RE: beta2 - b0rna - 14th Oct, 2013 10:40 AM

One issue that may not be related to XBian, but rather the XBMC codebase:

while testing airplay, i ended the airplay stream from iOS device. XBian continued to buffer the stream to the end. When it finally jumped out, I ended up at this screen instead of the front end (attached).

Another issue i'm seeing that was not around with Beta 1/1.1:

When any overlays are on top of the home screen (overlay such as library update progress graphic or recently added movie images), the frame rate is significantly reduced. With one overlay (library progress), i estimate the FPS to be at around 20-25. With recently added movies overlaying along with the progress meter on top, its almost a slideshow. As soon as the GUI clears these overlays (moving to the next item or library update finishing), the frame rate returns. (EDIT: i dont think this is an XBian issue, or rather, Beta 2 issue. Its just a residual effect of high system load).

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 10:55 AM

(14th Oct, 2013 10:40 AM)b0rna Wrote:  One issue that may not be related to XBian, but rather the XBMC codebase:

while testing airplay, i ended the airplay stream from iOS device. XBian continued to buffer the stream to the end. When it finally jumped out, I ended up at this screen instead of the front end (attached).

That means XBMC crashed on python-script processing error or python SEGV. this is only case when I'm not restarting XBMC after its crash as this 90% of the times is happening on XBMC quit (if it happens). So XBMC would be restarting over and over again if failed or broken add-on is on the system.

I was today playing some songs after long time via AirPlay on XBMC again and happened almost the same. But I was not stopping the stream, I changed target device (and successfully) going to second floor in the house. When I returned back I wanted to switch back again - I switched - iPhone showed correct track (it was already +2 or +3 tracks ahead) but XBian was playing the old buffer from before. But on home screen correct idtags were displayed.

That means AirServer got new data about new stream, but failed to switch audio for it. (If you don't report I would suspect this to be a glitch and never bothered to remember again).

If you save 10minutes check github XBMC issues for similarity. Don't go screens back, just one actual. If it open we will pull when solved. If not reported we can report. Taking the latest AirPlay issues with IOS7 devices one has to be prepared that this could happen (by opening the codebase to fix for IOS7).

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 14th Oct, 2013 06:43 PM

@mk01,
First of all, i really don't like the attitude of blame gaming. I explained i quited for the reason that i have put all my Linux skills into XBian. The things you're doing go beyond that skills like everything you do with upstart. So i really DON'T have a clue how to bug fix that. If you have doubts about my honesty than please tell me and i'll just leave the one thing i did agree on helping after Beta 1 (even if i told you guys earlier that i would totally quit). That indeed has to do with some pride, because i don't want people complaining and saying that they are still running Alpha 5 when i know what great things you are capable off.

Quote:you could have solved two stupid bugs making IR RC in XBian lately problematic in 10 minutes. but no, you rather let the users without the function for months with a statement, "IT WORKS FOR ME".
I really don't feel responsible after putting A LOT OF WORK into XBian for about 6 months. Like i said before, the only thing i agreed on helping you guys with is testing new releases. So fixing the bugs i encounter, not fixing others. And to be clear. I never knew that uinput could've been the cause. So, again stop overestimating me.

Quote:i will repeat again myself and ask you to retest with package I sent a link to (two or three posts back), but I suppose you don't know how, right ?

(14th Oct, 2013 05:27 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(14th Oct, 2013 04:00 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  + exec /usr/local/bin/irexec -d /etc/lirc/lircrc
can you reinstall with this package ? and report ? If I got the point, not only lircd should be started but lircrc as well ?
I really don't have a clue where you are referring to with THIS package. I though you meant lircrc wasn't somehow included but it was, that was why i answered with the filelist. So, you want me to install the latest version of the Lirc package?

Quote:funny story to tell, really. funny story.
Up to you. Do you want me to help ONLY pretest the new releases or want me gone all together? If you want me to stay, then stop being so arrogant by assuming that even people who have programming skills always understand everything other programmers do. This wasn't the first time.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 14th Oct, 2013 07:39 PM

@all

GOTHAM nightlies

I started with deb building and putting to APT repo for "xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly". Currently there is git from Oct-04. If someone want to run these, just do
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get update
apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly

Please be aware, that gotham uses different DB structure for Videos/Movies. If you are on MySQL, DB will be upgraded, renamed and previous version will be kept. So in case of reinstall back to standard xbmc (Frodo 12.2) it will pickup the old version again.

I don't know in details what happens in case DB are locally stored but let's assume the original content is not preserved - SQLite DBs are just upgraded. Then BEFORE installing Gotham, do a snapshot from /home with
Code:
sudo -i
btrfs-auto-snapshot snapshot --name before_gotham home

OR use the new backuphome function in xbian-config.

then in case of going back to Frodo, do:
Code:
sudo -i
stop xbmc
btrfs-auto-snapshot rollback home@before_gotham
reboot (to remount /home with the restored home)

then
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc

(14th Oct, 2013 10:40 AM)b0rna Wrote:  . (EDIT: i dont think this is an XBian issue, or rather, Beta 2 issue. Its just a residual effect of high system load).

@b0rna

just out of curiosity, how big is your Movies/TVShows library ? do you store as local DB files or shared MySQL setup ?