Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 16th Oct, 2013 04:01 AM

@danell

today i was fixing the package inventory update inside package installer which is not using apt source directly and link was hard coded there to Standard Public repository.

It was a bit confusing as on devel Beta2 repo you could only browse Beta1X packages. Info pages / version availability was weird etc. So currently package list is from the right repo always.

And I had no time to re-copy other packages not directly related to core install. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

mk

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 16th Oct, 2013 04:27 AM

@mk01

I've just upgraded my main test machine - and I now get a POPUP about Samba Package configuration.

Quote:"But this MUST NOT happen"
..... but it did. Big Grin

I killed whiptail and continued the upgrade.

So have you fixed something? If so, what should the answer be??? (Yes/No) or should one just kill whiptail? as in the previous post?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 16th Oct, 2013 04:35 AM

(16th Oct, 2013 04:27 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
Quote:"But this MUST NOT happen"
..... but it did. Big Grin

I killed whiptail and continued the upgrade.

So have you fixed something? If so, what should the answer be??? (Yes/No) or should one just kill whiptail? as in the previous post?

I'm not author or maintainer of those packages. they are part of Debian / Raspbian repositories.

Simply you have to kill it. Because the postinst script in the package is waiting for user input which never arrives.

The info I sent was related to install via xbian-config (shell / xbmc) or automatic updates, where you don't have console, there is no control session and installation is requested as non_interactive.

mk

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 16th Oct, 2013 04:44 AM

@mk01

Maybe you have misunderstood me, or I have misunderstood you?

From your post it implies that the upgrade is waiting for input that you never see. "package is waiting for user input which never arrives" - I actually had a full screen user input screen asking about configuring samba - advising that if I say no I would have to manually edit the .conf file myself.

This was via ssh not xbmc.

RE: beta2 - mpnico - 16th Oct, 2013 05:23 AM

Hi, I updated my beta 2 yesterday, I saw an update for cec package and now, i just can't switch off the TV if XBMC is running (!!). It immediately turns on just after being turned off. If I stop XBMC, the TV can be turned of normally. I try all possibly settings in config.txt or xbmc cec params; I also tried to delete the xml file in peripherical dir without any success Sad

Is there a way to re-install previous cec package to see if it is related to the new update ?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 16th Oct, 2013 05:28 AM

@mpnico

yes, I issued update to package-cec but there wasn't any change in libs or binaries. I was just fixing control scripts (for installation / removal).

so this is pure coincidence that it happened the same time. If you give me an hour, maybe I will remember what it is. I had this before.

RE: beta2 - danell - 16th Oct, 2013 05:28 AM

@mk01
Ah ok! Hope you can get it running soon Smile Just did a clean install to try some stuffs out

RE: beta2 - mpnico - 16th Oct, 2013 05:29 AM

@mk01 : take your time Smile Thx

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 16th Oct, 2013 05:33 AM

(16th Oct, 2013 04:44 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @mk01

Maybe you have misunderstood me, or I have misunderstood you?

From your post it implies that the upgrade is waiting for input that you never see. "package is waiting for user input which never arrives" - I actually had a full screen user input screen asking about configuring samba - advising that if I say no I would have to manually edit the .conf file myself.

This was via ssh not xbmc.

just quoting myself: "The info I sent was related to install via xbian-config (shell / xbmc) or automatic updates, where you don't have console, there is no control session and installation is requested as non_interactive. "

if you used apt-get on console manually all is ok and you can say mk01 was wrong again. I was more interested in the way you are pushing from begging - user should not use console for any kind of tasks - and in this case it is xbian-config shell/xbmc or autoupdates with non-interractive session. you got the dialogs, but the other case would look like stuck.

my fingers hurts as I'm repeating the same again and again Smile.
btw: nice that you joined the club with understanding that 80x25 big green text is more efficient as gui workflows Big Grin

(16th Oct, 2013 05:29 AM)mpnico Wrote:  @mk01 : take your time Smile Thx

meanwhile you can the delete .xml approach again, but be sure you go into Input Device Settings in XBMC after and try to turn off all control or set them to ignore (if it "action" related). also turn off TURN OFF TV with screensaver in xbian-config XBMC (if it is on)

this you can test without my memory going back, but I have the feeling this wasn't the problem. as it was so long ago, this xbian option wasn't there.

but try it.

and can you post /run/upstart-ev.log to paste bin together with dmesg ? but please not clean reboot but already booted with few tries of turning the TV off.

RE: beta2 - danell - 16th Oct, 2013 07:06 AM

Yay, all packages came back now for me, only terminal that doesn't want to install yet.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-transmission : Depends: unrar but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

That's the error I get. Guessing it's just to wait Smile But maybe something I should write here.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 16th Oct, 2013 07:26 AM

After upgrade and reboot - system would not come up - unable to ssh - nothing on screen.

Unplugged and tried again - nothing.......

Tried another card - no problem.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 16th Oct, 2013 07:38 AM

(16th Oct, 2013 07:06 AM)danell Wrote:  xbian-package-transmission : Depends: unrar but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

That's the error I get. Guessing it's just to wait Smile But maybe something I should write here.

yes, just to wait.

unrar is also there now. I suppose this are all, if something missing, let me know.

(16th Oct, 2013 07:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  After upgrade and reboot - system would not come up - unable to ssh - nothing on screen.

Unplugged and tried again - nothing.......

Tried another card - no problem.

nothing means nothing like namtih was reporting a week ago?

can you zip/gz whatever /boot and upload somewhere ?

RE: beta2 - mpnico - 16th Oct, 2013 07:56 AM

(16th Oct, 2013 05:33 AM)mk01 Wrote:  meanwhile you can the delete .xml approach again, but be sure you go into Input Device Settings in XBMC after and try to turn off all control or set them to ignore (if it "action" related). also turn off TURN OFF TV with screensaver in xbian-config XBMC (if it is on)

this you can test without my memory going back, but I have the feeling this wasn't the problem. as it was so long ago, this xbian option wasn't there.

but try it.

and can you post /run/upstart-ev.log to paste bin together with dmesg ? but please not clean reboot but already booted with few tries of turning the TV off.

I stopped XBMC (through the menu), removed the xml file and restarted XBMC (through SSH). I deactivated all "actions" params in Input Device Settings. Then i return into main menu and switch off TV. The TV remains off. I switch it on, CEC wasn't working anymore, I had to select XBMC in my anynet menu (samsung CEC) but after that, i wasn't able to switch off TV again Sad

/run/upstart-ev.log : http://pastebin.com/3XV2DBZT
dmesg : http://pastebin.com/jXK8q1U6

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 16th Oct, 2013 08:08 AM

@mpnico

so xbmc starts, later you turns off tv, it gets started again after, xbmc is still started and at the same state as when you was turning the tv off?

RE: beta2 - mpnico - 16th Oct, 2013 07:06 PM

(16th Oct, 2013 08:08 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @mpnico

so xbmc starts, later you turns off tv, it gets started again after, xbmc is still started and at the same state as when you was turning the tv off?

Yes, XBMC is exactly in the same state / same menu it was. Maybe interesting facts :
- if I start XBMC through SSH with TV off, TV remains off (it's normal regarding the CEC params I set in XBMC)
- if I stop XBMC through SSH with TV off, TV switches on (?!)

My Rpi is connected to an AVR which is connected to the TV (with HDMI/CEC pass-through activated on the AVR). If I disable CEC pass-through on the AVR, obviously I can switch off the TV (but CEC is not working anymore). With CEC pass-through activated, having the AVR powered on or off doesn't change anything regarding my TV switch off problem.

As soon as I can, i will put my RPi directly on the TV to do more tests, just to be sure my AVR is not responsible.