Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 20th Oct, 2013 02:09 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 01:51 AM)Darkguy Wrote:  "starting xbmc..." boot loop!!! Angry
@Darkguy No need to get angry! - this is a beta test image still, and testing is still in progress.

Yes I have had this booting loop too. KB not working and by the looks of it other problems.

I reflashed from the beta2.resized image mentioned around page 33 but did not upgrade. Things seemed to work a lot better then. There is obviously a conflict somewhere which the Dark Wizard will soon sort out (Debian vs Xbian?). So in the mean time, I would suggest you do your testing on the working image until the upgrade issues are sorted out.

You can't be on the bleeding edge without a few lacerations Smile

Stick with it - it will be worth it.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 02:09 AM

What about removing this line #58 from /etc/init/xbmc-exits.conf:
Code:
start -n xbmc
As far as i know, this was a feature instead of a bug for people who didn't know what to do when their XBMC crashed. Maybe make it an optional setting in XBian config?

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 20th Oct, 2013 02:13 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 02:09 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(20th Oct, 2013 01:51 AM)Darkguy Wrote:  "starting xbmc..." boot loop!!! Angry
@Darkguy No need to get angry! - this is a beta test image still, and testing is still in progress.

Yes I have had this booting loop too. KB not working and by the looks of it other problems.

I reflashed from the beta2.resized image mentioned around page 33 but did not upgrade. Things seemed to work a lot better then. There is obviously a conflict somewhere which the Dark Wizard will soon sort out (Debian vs Xbian?). So in the mean time, I would suggest you do your testing on the working image until the upgrade issues are sorted out.

You can't be on the bleeding edge without a few lacerations Smile

Stick with it - it will be worth it.

Why do you think he's angry? He even put a smiley there.....

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 20th Oct, 2013 02:26 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 02:13 AM)Smultie Wrote:  Why do you think he's angry? He even put a smiley there.....
@Smultie Err... on my screen Angry is angry, I don't know what you see?

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 02:30 AM

Never mind.

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 20th Oct, 2013 02:43 AM

@Smultie @CurlyMo
Interesting. I checked the post and it's definitely : followed by @ which on Mac OSX is angry and also according to Wikipedia. So I've no idea what system you are observing from (Crapatalk?), or should I just make one up for being sarcastic Confused maybe (No idea how that will show up now) - Doh That's sceptical!

RE: beta2 - Darkguy - 20th Oct, 2013 02:54 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 02:09 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @Darkguy No need to get angry! - this is a beta test image still, and testing is still in progress.

I'm not angry, just liked the red smileyface better than the sad one. Smile I might want to interpret it as a "frustrated" smiley, as I set ub Xbian about four times during the last ~20 hours and just HAD to tinker more with it as soon as it ran stable again. Wink

Riding the bleeding edge does come with both pains and merits, I'm well aware of that and if I didn't enjoy tinkering around, I would probably just go with the latest stable OpenELEC or just buy some off-the-shelf media player.

Just hope that somebody from the dev team can retrace my steps and get the issue fixed. I didn't see the info about a newer b2-image in this thread, but I will certainly go and try this out. Thanks!

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 02:56 AM

Did you try my suggestion!

RE: beta2 - Darkguy - 20th Oct, 2013 03:09 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 02:56 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Did you try my suggestion!

Yes thanks, just did. It does stop the looping aftter the first "starting xbmc..." and throws me long-term to a login shell. Trying to manually start XBMC (sudo start xbmc) results in "start: Job failed to start".

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 20th Oct, 2013 03:15 AM

@CurlyMo - What suggestion? All cognitive receptors are currently unavilable as too is ESP, and mind reading although the process of detecting Umbala is very accute.

Make your point, or don't bother. Trolling is not an acceptable form for this forum, so please desist. I have enough issues to worry about rather than your puerile comments.

If you have an issue, then please post it, otherwise please keep your adolescence replies in abeyance.

RE: beta2 - rikardo1979 - 20th Oct, 2013 03:24 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 03:15 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @CurlyMo - What suggestion? All cognitive receptors are currently unavilable as too is ESP, and mind reading although the process of detecting Umbala is very accute.

Make your point, or don't bother. Trolling is not an acceptable form for this forum, so please desist. I have enough issues to worry about rather than your puerile comments.

If you have an issue, then please post it, otherwise please keep your adolescence replies in abeyance.

calm down all of you here Big Grin or I would have to step in Big Grin
we all know the @CurlyMo sense of humor, very similar to @mk01 or @BartOtten Wink

@IriDium Wink it just need a bit of time to see this and understand this weird guys (us elderly person of XBian Big Grin )
peace
Cool

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 03:26 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 03:15 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @CurlyMo - What suggestion? All cognitive receptors are currently unavilable as too is ESP, and mind reading although the process of detecting Umbala is very accute.

I was just doing as told by @mk01, trying to help others when i think i have the answer Angel This was the suggestion i was referring to: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1312-post-16636.html#pid16636

Re: RE: beta2 - Smultie - 20th Oct, 2013 03:37 AM

(20th Oct, 2013 02:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(20th Oct, 2013 02:13 AM)Smultie Wrote:  Why do you think he's angry? He even put a smiley there.....
@Smultie Err... on my screen Angry is angry, I don't know what you see?

Well, on Tapatalk it looks like this:

RE: beta2 - lordgandhi - 20th Oct, 2013 06:34 AM

(15th Oct, 2013 05:36 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @b0rna,

if it holds to be fine and steady until ~200 it is more than I would expect as I would expect the system to be stuck at high io && iowaits at around 10x less (as the SoC design handles all this via the slow CPU).

this test is of high value to me, so thanks for it. just a most important final question, did it finish successfully ? as there were reported issues with Beta1X like OOM XBMC crashing or even kernel panics / total freez on Library operations with this size (even smaller).

probably turning off compression on filesystem would make this better, setting vm.dirty_ratio and vm.dirty_background_ratio to lower values as are now by default should have positive effect as well for this one particular action. but this can be tuned later as we get more feedback. unfortunately compression on/off is btrfs pool wide mount setting, it can't be turned off for /home mount and kept for / if they are on the same btrfs filesystem as sub volumes (in contrast ZFS allows that for fine control).

(15th Oct, 2013 08:51 AM)Dizzy Wrote:  @mk01, of course, I'll check that tomorrow.

btw, found out that inputlirc doesn't start.
steps to reproduce are to install through : "apt-get install inputlirc",
running inputlirc with -g gives a seg fault.
"-g" is used to grab the input device exclusively. maybe a permissions issue?
used to work.

@Dizzy

can look into it later, but you can maybe investigate more yourself (and quicker than myself) by installing strace package and then running inputlirc binary via it. it will output lots of operations currently happening on the system and related to the inputlirc so probably before the seg fault you will se a operation which resulted in it.

Regarding the early request to run inputlirc with strace, I've attached the output since I run into the same error and can't use my HID remote anymore.

please use pastebin for long logs, here is the cut log http://pastebin.com/dL0ZhHFv

Greetings,
LordGandhi

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 20th Oct, 2013 07:25 AM

I have used the beta 2 image on page 32 and worked fine, apart from a problem I was having before, screen goes black and tv message says unsupported signal. I had this fixed before, I thought all had done was to select the option 'disable overscan' on xbian config, but did work.

after I decided to update and Sad

same problem as I have posted in my previous post. XBMC start loop. work start. My HDD wont mount sad sad face, I was feeling like watching a movie but no luck now Sad