Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - belese - 20th Oct, 2013 07:54 AM

i don't know what's the problem :-(,
but if i understand well new mk01's features, you should be able to rollback to an older version in less than 2 sec.
i hope you still have ssh,
i'm not near my pi, maybe there will some syntax error
but to revert, try (in sudo)
btrfs-auto-snapshot list root
you should see a list of snapshot, select one working (check date), and
btrfs-auto-snapshot rollback root/@snapshot_you_have_choice
reboot, and it should reboot in that version.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 06:56 PM

After constant keeping things up to date, everything still works fine here.

RE: beta2 - lordgandhi - 20th Oct, 2013 07:29 PM

Well, i've tested the remote/inputlirc issue a little bit more. If I stop xbmc first then start
Terminal
inputlircd -g -m 0 -c /dev/input/irremote1 /dev/input/irremote2
first, everything works fine.
It seems that xbmc is reserving the remote exclusively.
Maybe you need to change the behaviour and start the inputlirc (or the lirc daemon) first?

Greetings,
LordGandhi

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 20th Oct, 2013 07:58 PM

(20th Oct, 2013 06:56 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  After constant keeping things up to date, everything still works fine here.

did you do any reboots since? after my update HDD did not mount but xbmc started ok. when I did a reboot tho xbmc loop Sad

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 08:06 PM

Yes, always rebooted to make sure.

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 20th Oct, 2013 08:16 PM

@CurlyMo its sucks, I didn't do anything wrong, and this is the second setup the same happened Sad

@belese I have tried the brfts restore, couldn't tho. [not sure why the year is 2014 and 2023] oops @CurlyMo just showed me how bad my eye sight is lol. just woke up lol

PHP Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo btrfs-auto-snapshot list root                              root/@
root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-19-2014
root
/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-19-2023
xbian
@xbian ~ $ sudo brtfs-auto-snapshot rollback root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-19-2014
sudo
brtfs-auto-snapshotcommand not found
xbian
@xbian ~ $ sudo brtfs-auto-snapshot rollback root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-19-2023
sudo
brtfs-auto-snapshotcommand not found 

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 08:23 PM

What you call the year is actually the time Wink
Code:
root@pi:~# btrfs-auto-snapshot list root
root/@
root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-19-1552
root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-20-1052
root/@btrfs-auto-snap_daily-2013-10-20-0757
root/@btrfs-auto-snap_weekly-2013-10-13-0830
root/@btrfs-auto-snap_weekly-2013-10-20-0830

PS. the command failed because your spelling was wrong.

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 20th Oct, 2013 08:29 PM

@CurlyMo thanks didn't see that, I just copied from @belese post ;P
seemed to have worked now, I will reboot.
PHP Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo btrfs-auto-snapshot rollback root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-10-19-2014
xbian
@xbian ~ $ 

Hurray, it worked. restore and XBMC is running. Thanks both of you. HDD is now mounted as well Smile

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 08:32 PM

I'm still hoping the BTRFS snapshot boot menu will make it in Beta 2. Then you don't have to rollback, but simply can boot an older snapshot to test if it worked back then.

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 20th Oct, 2013 09:04 PM

funny thing, im on the Beta2 image from page 32, and tried to install transmission and CP from SSH config its throws me a package cannot be found. but if type apt-get install xbian-package-[package name here] it works, also works from XBMC Xbian Config. Why is this broken through the SSH config?

Also @CurlyMo can you help me with this problem I have, when watching a video after few secs, sometimes minutes, the screen goes black and my TV shows a message 'unsupported Signal' . in my other beta2 setup I had the same problem, but whenever I went in to SSH config > settings > System > video output > and I enable option 5 Disable Overscan it seemed to work, but now its not.

Update:
Im testing now with option 1 also enabled 'Force HDMI output when no TV is identified'. So far so good actual.
So with option 1 and 5 set to enable, it works!

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 20th Oct, 2013 09:11 PM

Like i said earlier, don't expect to much expertise on XBian from me anymore Smile

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 20th Oct, 2013 09:27 PM

you still know far more than I lol.
thanks tho. Its working now. im prob the only user with problem, so glad I found a way around it Smile
watching a movie now as the rain pours down outside Wink

RE: beta2 - Darkguy - 21st Oct, 2013 04:01 AM

I'm on the Beta2 from p32/p1 now, upgraded to most recent packages, installed BTSync and thus far everything is fine. Survived reboots and even a power outage when I blew a fuse thus far.

Only thing I noticed is, I plugged in a flash drive to back up an image of the system on. It got recognized the first time, but the .img was 0 bytes. After a reboot, it does not get recognized any longer.

RE: beta2 - belese - 21st Oct, 2013 07:46 PM

backup system take very long time (in hours).
you have backup from xbian-config inside xbmc? (Don't know it Mk has alreday done paquet, i work with a develop version)
if you have selected backup to a device, and you remove key or reboot before end, the partition table should be corrupt as your key isn't recognise, try to reformat you usb key, and retry, but wait until end. if you use xbian-config inside xbmc, a pop up should be display when finished. i've to add a way to know if it's running, but later :-).

RE: beta2 - Darkguy - 22nd Oct, 2013 01:54 AM

(21st Oct, 2013 07:46 PM)belese Wrote:  if you have selected backup to a device, and you remove key or reboot before end, the partition table should be corrupt as your key isn't recognise, try to reformat you usb key, and retry, but wait until end.

The USB key and its partition table are fine, as it works flawlessly on other systems.