Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

Re: beta2 - belese - 22nd Oct, 2013 02:06 AM

OK so dont know. Check dmesg log when you plug the key. You backup with rsync or inside xbmc

RE: beta2 - Darkguy - 22nd Oct, 2013 09:22 AM

Just re-read your post. I chose backup to file.

RE: beta2 - darrylb - 22nd Oct, 2013 01:13 PM

Btw, latest updates broke wireless for me.

@mk01 had a custom update for me, and last update he created a new update for me to try out, though it doesnt seem to be fixing it. Hopefully we will have this worked out soon! Smile

RE: beta2 - Darkguy - 22nd Oct, 2013 05:14 PM

Went back to the B2 posted here on page 32. Decided to only run the XBian-realted updates since I guessone of the new Raspbian 7.2-related packages was responsible for the XBMC-start-loop. Turned out it still happened after the first shutdown.

So the culprit is one of the following packages, released between the B2 version posted here and now:

xbian-package-cec xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-lirc xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge xbian-package-xbmc xbian-package-xbmc-scripts xbian-package-zram-swap xbian-update

If I get around to it, I'll install each manually and see where things start going wrong.

RE: beta2 - Killerbee - 23rd Oct, 2013 03:37 AM

(22nd Oct, 2013 05:14 PM)Darkguy Wrote:  Went back to the B2 posted here on page 32. Decided to only run the XBian-realted updates since I guessone of the new Raspbian 7.2-related packages was responsible for the XBMC-start-loop. Turned out it still happened after the first shutdown.

So the culprit is one of the following packages, released between the B2 version posted here and now:

xbian-package-cec xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-lirc xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge xbian-package-xbmc xbian-package-xbmc-scripts xbian-package-zram-swap xbian-update

If I get around to it, I'll install each manually and see where things start going wrong.

I am facing the same issue for more than a week. I have tried several things.
Start from beta 1.1 upgrade to latest
Start from beta 1.0 Beta 1 upgrade to beta 2 latest
Start from beta 2 image at page 32 to beta 2 latest

The result is the same: boot loop. (starting XBMC loop)

just my two cents. I think we have to wait for mk01.

KB

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 23rd Oct, 2013 04:56 AM

@Killerbee, can you try the suggestion by @Darkguy and install each package between page 32 beta 2 and latest manually to see when it fails.

RE: beta2 - Killerbee - 23rd Oct, 2013 06:18 AM

(23rd Oct, 2013 04:56 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  @Killerbee, can you try the suggestion by @Darkguy and install each package between page 32 beta 2 and latest manually to see when it fails.

Ok I flashed the image from page 32 using this command (Ubuntu machine with updated btrfs tools)
Terminal
sudo dd bs=1M if=./xbian.beta2.resized.img of=/dev/sdb

Booted the image
Changed language settings
Reboot => OK
Changed root password and activated SSH root login
Reboot => OK
Goto terminal and login as root
Terminal
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
Say N to upgrade
than
Terminal
apt-get install apt
apt was the first pakage to update.
A snapshot was made and the installation stalled (apt didn't continue) I waited for more than 30 minutes.

Repeated this twice with the same result.

Do you have any suggestion?
KB

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 23rd Oct, 2013 07:26 AM

No, but at least you got some clear clue on where thing are going wrong for @mk01 to work on.

RE: beta2 - Smultie - 23rd Oct, 2013 08:03 PM

Just checking to make sure. Have there been any updates to beta 2 the last 2-3 days? Normally I can update 3-5 packages per day, but it has been awfully quite the last days.

RE: beta2 - belese - 23rd Oct, 2013 08:38 PM

no there's not new package,i suppose Mk01 have his life too :-)
but if you want really to test something new :-), i've done a lot of change in xbian-config-xbmc,
but package are not done yet.
but you can get it from git :

git clone https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-config-xbmc
./gen.package.sh
sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb

Belese

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 24th Oct, 2013 05:01 AM

I've only had problems with the latest updates, so I am back at the image on page 32, and switched off auto upgrades.

It seems to be stable with the known problems, plus a possible new problem, that it won't "shutdown" or "poweroff" as it just restarts!! I mean "Why would you want to shut me down". I'm sure this is a "feature" inserted by @Rico and @Dark Wizard who never shut their RPi's down.

RE: beta2 - xraxor - 24th Oct, 2013 07:22 AM

(23rd Oct, 2013 08:38 PM)belese Wrote:  no there's not new package,i suppose Mk01 have his life too :-)
but if you want really to test something new :-), i've done a lot of change in xbian-config-xbmc,
but package are not done yet.
but you can get it from git :

git clone https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-config-xbmc
./gen.package.sh
sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb

Belese

I got this error
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ git clone https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc.git
Cloning into 'xbian-package-config-xbmc'...
remote: Counting objects: 1773, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (676/676), done.
remote: Total 1773 (delta 753), reused 1686 (delta 720)
Receiving objects: 100% (1773/1773), 605.22 KiB | 349 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (753/753), done.
xbian@xbian ~ $ cd xbian-package-config-xbmc
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $ ./gen.package.sh
./gen.package.sh: 19: ./gen.package.sh: fakeroot: not found
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $ ./gen.package.sh
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $ sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb
[sudo] password for xbian:
dpkg: error processing xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 24th Oct, 2013 04:19 PM

When will you guys start using the root user as default. Makes life a lot easier when you just follow steps given by XBian developers and don't have sensitive data on there.

Code:
Seems informative enough.

Re: RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 25th Oct, 2013 10:13 AM

(24th Oct, 2013 04:19 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  When will you guys start using the root user as default. Makes life a lot easier when you just follow steps given by XBian developers and don't have sensitive data on there.

Code:
Seems informative enough.

@whomever this quote is from

sudo apt-get install fakeroot

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 27th Oct, 2013 02:13 AM

@belese, the latest xbian-config xbmc crashes when opening.