Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 31st Oct, 2013 10:14 PM

@Killerbee

don't bother. if all are doing that, it is not that problem. if you run it via CLI and apt-get commands, can't be again that problem. so don't waste time.

just few questions. partitions and fs was properly resized after first boot?

/var/lib/dpkg/status file exists and appears be ok?

RE: beta2 - Killerbee - 31st Oct, 2013 10:54 PM

(31st Oct, 2013 10:14 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @Killerbee

just few questions. partitions and fs was properly resized after first boot?

Yes because I checked with gparted (in ubuntu)

Quote:/var/lib/dpkg/status file exists and appears be ok?

I have to check this.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 1st Nov, 2013 02:06 AM

Small error in the xbian-update 1.0.2-7 package:
Code:
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: line 9: [: : a whole-number expression was expected

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 1st Nov, 2013 02:45 AM

(1st Nov, 2013 02:06 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Small error in the xbian-update 1.0.2-7 package:
Code:
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: line 9: [: : a whole-number expression was expected

fixed

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 1st Nov, 2013 06:58 AM

just tested the shutdown and RPI turned off. so no restart. All packages installed are latest available.

@Killerbee

just flashed the image, booted, did apt-get update && apt-get install apt && apt-get upgrade

all went ok.

can you check md5sum img.file?

this is as it should be 7560f1d9b7df6ef780d50d0f07d339cb xbian.beta2.resized.img

RE: beta2 - danell - 1st Nov, 2013 09:46 AM

I just tried to install beta 1.1 clean on my sdhc, updated all, upgraded to beta 2 and updated all as much as possible. After the last update xbian asked me to reboot and I did. On my TV there were just a lot of small text, not commands but just text. In the bottom it said "xbian-config reboot" and nothing happened for a long time, so I unplugged and plugged back in. I got the loadingscreen but quickly came to the commandline where I ended up in busybox. I couldn't run apt-get, reboot or anything so now I'm back on beta 1.1.
I have read some on here and there is a lot of talk about some img file floating around somewhere in these pages. Is it from this one I should go to beta2 or should it work from a fresh install of beta 1.1?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 1st Nov, 2013 10:13 AM

@danell

target was to make it work for upgrades of any XBian starting with Alpha5. The image on page32 of this thread (http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian.beta2.7z) is Beta1.0 without the hotfix directly upgraded to B2.

Your experience sounds like you restarted before all needed packages have been installed. It is almost impossible without closer info (logs / deb versions etc) to find a cause for this. Only assumption is that maybe initramfs (which is not copying some FS kernel modules to initramfs - becuase new kernel has them compiled in) was installed before kernel with those modules was in place what at the end causes problem mounting root filesystem and dropping you to the shell. Really, don't know.

xbian-config reboot command actually is not related to rebooting the RPI but it will return 0/1 if reboot was asked on the system (deb installation for some special packages - kernel, initramfs..., system script action …).

the upgrades are not about clean / not clean installation much. fresh or 1y used installation alone will not make apt-get upgrade process harder. yesterday I upgraded 1.0 to 1.1 only from public repo to create 1.2 hotfix and then upgraded to 2.0 after and the system is in nothing different from 1.0 -> 2 or A5 -> 2 or I don't know.

I would be nice to have / take a look onto your /boot/* and /var/log/apt/* but I suppose you reflashed it so it's no more available?

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 1st Nov, 2013 12:19 PM

just uploading new img to http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian.beta2.2013-01-11.7z
eta 30m

@Killerbee
in between can you grab this one and check apt-get ? there are those debian 7.2 updates already in, but you can try any package available from raspbian repo. the img is the older img + upgraded with latest pkgs available.

also the img is created with the new btrfs filesystem. it is not faster as for throughput but under load should be more responsive. also whole debian/raspian system takes only 420mb including xbmc and other xbian packages.

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 1st Nov, 2013 05:51 PM

I just got idea in a dream related to the 'resurrected' issue making reboot instead of shutdown.

although symptoms are the same as before caused with changes in new firmwares, this one is most likely again a "feature" containing small bug. I put a mechanism into the reboot/shutdown process which is similar to successful boot process checking if reboot/shutdown is going well - meaning if it not stuck.

when system enters reboot/shutdown runlevel a special job is started - immune to "killall" step during shutdown - which waits 30s. after that time, force reboot is triggered - as it is not considering possible shutdown instead of reboot.

I remember Brantje was reporting it, maybe Iridium. I will fix it for reboot/shutdown possibility. Then it should not appear again.

@brantje, @IriDium,
more or less this means, that something is not running smoothly on your RPIs during shutdown. Maybe we should check it out?

RE: beta2 - lordgandhi - 1st Nov, 2013 10:13 PM

(20th Oct, 2013 07:29 PM)lordgandhi Wrote:  Well, i've tested the remote/inputlirc issue a little bit more. If I stop xbmc first then start
Terminal
inputlircd -g -m 0 -c /dev/input/irremote1 /dev/input/irremote2
first, everything works fine.
It seems that xbmc is reserving the remote exclusively.
Maybe you need to change the behaviour and start the inputlirc (or the lirc daemon) first?

Greetings,
LordGandhi
@mk01
I just wanted to bring up the issue with inputlirc again.
The autostart of the xbian lirc is disabled.
I attached the log of strace here: http://pastebin.com/dL0ZhHFv

Greetings,
LordGandhi

RE: beta2 - zilexa - 1st Nov, 2013 10:44 PM

Is this the link to the latest img?
http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian.beta2.7z

Since I can't use my RPi for playback atm I might as well use it to test beta2.
Any special setup required after writing img to sd?

RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 2nd Nov, 2013 12:23 AM

The double movement issue is still happening with lircd, if I stop lircd and simply issue the command 'lircd' the double direction issue is resolved.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 2nd Nov, 2013 12:42 AM

I installed the latest image and get the following errors:
Code:
Loading initram modules ...
Looking for keyboards
1 Waiting for root...
10 Waiting for root...
Root partition LABEL=xbian-copy missing
mount: mounting LABEL=xbian-copy on /rootfs failed: No such file or directory
mount: mount point /rootfs/proc does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/boot does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/dev does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/sys does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/lib/modules does not exist

RE: beta2 - rikardo1979 - 2nd Nov, 2013 12:48 AM

(2nd Nov, 2013 12:42 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I installed the latest image and get the following errors:
Code:
Loading initram modules ...
Looking for keyboards
1 Waiting for root...
10 Waiting for root...
Root partition LABEL=xbian-copy missing
mount: mounting LABEL=xbian-copy on /rootfs failed: No such file or directory
mount: mount point /rootfs/proc does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/boot does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/dev does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/sys does not exist
mount: mount point /rootfs/lib/modules does not exist

same here m8, so at least its not just me. @mk01 told me to ad rootwait=120 but didnt helped

RE: beta2 - mk01 - 2nd Nov, 2013 01:32 AM

(2nd Nov, 2013 12:23 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  The double movement issue is still happening with lircd, if I stop lircd and simply issue the command 'lircd' the double direction issue is resolved.

can you check what command line args are used when you just start lircd and when started via upstart and also check, if in case of upstart any others daemons are started with lircd. as /usr/local/sbin/lircmd or /usr/local/bin/irexec .