Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 8th Nov, 2013 05:39 AM

However, since the observation of the reduction of Memory, I have noticed a usage of the swapfile in "normal " usage. when just playing music. So maybe the setting is too high.

RE: beta2 - nsviper - 8th Nov, 2013 05:13 PM

Possible bug?

config.txt has hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in file, buts its ignored Smile so when I turn on Pi, TV gets switched over to its HDMI channel - worked fine in alpha5

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 8th Nov, 2013 06:21 PM

Also, it would be great to implement my new version of my Splash (already PM'ed @mk01 about it). The current one has a lot of weird implementations and is thereby buggy with lots of memory leaks. The new splash also doesn't do any FS IO anymore but everything is done through direct socket communication.

RE: beta2 - zilexa - 8th Nov, 2013 09:39 PM

Just installed beta2 image from Nov1. RPi 512MB, 4GB icidu SD card, connected via LAN to my router and with an 1.5TB usb hdd.

At first boot:
1. XBian wizard: all "Manage xxxx" buttons give me an Error: script failed xbianconfig (Network, Update, Packages)
2. There is no Finish at the end of the wizard, the button is called Next and it brings you back to the first step.

RE: beta2 - belese - 8th Nov, 2013 11:49 PM

>XBian wizard: all "Manage xxxx" buttons give me an Error: script failed xbianconfig (Network, Update, Packages)
it miss 'resources' folder in plugin.xbianConfig, you can get it from git (don't know why it was missing in package). i think, i check in fast

Yes the finish button, i've too look at.

(8th Nov, 2013 05:13 PM)nsviper Wrote:  Possible bug?

config.txt has hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in file, buts its ignored Smile so when I turn on Pi, TV gets switched over to its HDMI channel - worked fine in alpha5
As far as i know, it should be firmware related.

RE: beta2 - nsviper - 8th Nov, 2013 11:58 PM

(8th Nov, 2013 11:49 PM)belese Wrote:  As far as i know, it should be firmware related.

Ok, but if I put alpha5 on the same PI it works fine, if I then reapply beta2 from the img (xbian.beta2.2013-01-11.7z link somewhere in thread) then it doesn't work.

Do I need to do anything special? or is it something embedded in the beta 2 IMG?

RE: beta2 - zilexa - 9th Nov, 2013 02:50 AM

(8th Nov, 2013 11:49 PM)belese Wrote:  >XBian wizard: all "Manage xxxx" buttons give me an Error: script failed xbianconfig (Network, Update, Packages)
it miss 'resources' folder in plugin.xbianConfig, you can get it from git (don't know why it was missing in package). i think, i check in fast

Yes the finish button, i've too look at.

(8th Nov, 2013 05:13 PM)nsviper Wrote:  Possible bug?

As far as i know, it should be firmware related.

I enabled hdmi_ignore_cec_init in XBMC Xbian config, rebooted while watching other channel --> tv switched to RPi during reboot. Disabled it, same behaviour. I have a Toshiba TV..

I also tried enabling/disabling it via ssh but my tv always switches back after reboot.

It's not a big deal for me.

RE: beta2 - nsviper - 9th Nov, 2013 03:39 AM

It annoys the hell out of the wife tho :/

RE: beta2 - zilexa - 9th Nov, 2013 04:05 AM

Ha same here but I only need a reboot if I have been messing around, that already annoys her..

RE: beta2 - zilexa - 9th Nov, 2013 08:35 AM

I just succesfully installed transmission, Flexget and the transmissionrpc required by Flexget. The latest version Flexget runs successfully (didn't run that smooth on beta 1.1). So I am very happy.

Will I be able to upgrade to the final beta 2/rc release or do we all need to do a clean install when it is released?

Re: RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 9th Nov, 2013 01:02 PM

(8th Nov, 2013 06:21 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Also, it would be great to implement my new version of my Splash (already PM'ed @mk01 about it). The current one has a lot of weird implementations and is thereby buggy with lots of memory leaks. The new splash also doesn't do any FS IO anymore but everything is done through direct socket communication.

Mind PM'ing me a link to the package?

(9th Nov, 2013 08:35 AM)zilexa Wrote:  I just succesfully installed transmission, Flexget and the transmissionrpc required by Flexget. The latest version Flexget runs successfully (didn't run that smooth on beta 1.1). So I am very happy.

Will I be able to upgrade to the final beta 2/rc release or do we all need to do a clean install when it is released?

You will be able to use apt to upgrade.

RE: beta2 - zilexa - 9th Nov, 2013 08:00 PM

Grrreat.

BTW perhaps the Wizard could also contain an option "Set your location" in order to get proper timezone/localization (such as Celsius instead of Fahrenheit).
And if the Wizard would contain a "Add your media" tab, where one could set location for their TV Shows/Movies/Music/Pictures, the user would have a true Out-Of-The-Box experience where they do not need to mess with XBMC settings and they could start playing their media right away.
Add a final tab to select a skin (just from the default XBMC repository) and its done 8)
XBian would be the most user friendly XBMC platform ever created Big Grin

But maybe you should leave some cool stuff to implement in 1.0 final..

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 9th Nov, 2013 09:20 PM

I've noticed a small but significant bug in the deb package generator scripts.

Some of the scripts calculate the package size by running the following command.
Code:
printf "Installed-Size: %d\n" $(du -s ./content | awk '{print $1}') >> ./content/DEBIAN/control
This will generate a wrong installed size for a package.

As you can read here the Installed-Size parameter should contain a byte total divided by 1024. It also shouldn't contain the size of the DEBIAN folder, but just the files you are going to install.

Conclusion, the command should be updated to this:
Code:
printf "Installed-Size: %d\n" $(($(du -bs ./content/ --exclude=./content/DEBIAN | awk '{print $1}')/1024)) >> ./content/DEBIAN/control

When we take the xbian-package-config-shell as an example.

It currently calculates it's size as
Code:
While it should be
Code:

RE: beta2 - IriDium - 10th Nov, 2013 06:22 AM

Girls, Guys, Rednecks and silicon species from the Moon Titan, does anyone know why this release should not be made public?

As a release I think -IMHO- the best Xbian to date. Apart from the Xbian-Wizard, does anyone know of any major issue that would jeopardise this release.

Many thanks.

RE: beta2 - waterpolo - 10th Nov, 2013 09:21 PM

(5th Nov, 2013 12:40 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @waterpolo Are you on the latest update?

I've just checked on my machine at it seems to play.

I know there has always been a problem with menus, so any ISO really should have been remastered to remove the menus.

I've just ripped a DVD, removed the menus and created an ISO of that - Plays perfectly. So something is up with you machine, or file.

Do you get any output? Sound but no video? Have you got a license installed?

If neither of them, then send the output of xbmc.log - details are in my signature - read before you post.

The latest image from 1 nov solved my problem.