Forum
beta2 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: beta2 (/thread-1312.html)

RE: beta2 - raspberry_pd - 10th Nov, 2013 10:03 PM

Thanks to everyone for the hard work on the next version. Any chance we will see a stable version one point zero before 2014?

Re: RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 10th Nov, 2013 11:51 PM

(10th Nov, 2013 10:03 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote:  Thanks to everyone for the hard work on the next version. Any chance we will see a stable version one point zero before 2014?

There is no way of knowing this information.

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 11th Nov, 2013 12:20 AM

I'm done with the new Splash. For those who want to test it: https://github.com/CurlyMoo/Splash

Inside the source folder do:

Code:
make
./splash-daemon

Make sure you got libfreetype6-dev and libjpeg8-dev installed.

The XBian splash has been chosen as an example (with a little artistic freedom Wink ). This new splash supports templating, z-indexes and png. By using png (with transparancy) instead of jpg, the memory usage has been reduced from 283k to 170k. It's also leak free, which the old one wasn't.

Re: RE: beta2 - f1vefour - 11th Nov, 2013 12:42 AM

(11th Nov, 2013 12:20 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I'm done with the new Splash. For those who want to test it: https://github.com/CurlyMoo/Splash

Code:
make
./splash-daemon

The XBian splash has been chosen as an example (with a little artistic freedom Wink ). This new splash supports templating, z-indexes and png. By using png (with transparancy) instead of jpg, the memory usage has been reduced from 283k to 170k. It's also leak free, which the old one wasn't.

You will first likely need to do:

Terminal

sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev

(5th Nov, 2013 01:20 AM)mk01 Wrote:  
(3rd Nov, 2013 09:08 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  No other daemons are running.

From 'ps ax' after I run lircd the running command is simply 'lircd' with no trailing arguments.

ok isn't this caused by the -u parameter (when used by lirc)? two-three posts have been there about it already.

It is caused by the -u parameter, it should be removed.

RE: beta2 - Klimaks - 11th Nov, 2013 08:06 PM

Hi,

I had a working nfs-setup on version 1.1. Now I installed beta2 from the image and I can not seem to get it to work anymore. I can not browse the nfs-shares from within xbian and when I try to mount them from the terminal I get an access denied error :

Code:
sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.99:Media /mnt/test
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.99:Media

This is the content of /etc/exports on my synology (which as been ok for 1.1)
Code:
/volume1/Media  *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=0,anongid=0)~

Anything else I can try?

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 11th Nov, 2013 10:02 PM

I've got no issues with my nfs shares.

RE: beta2 - belese - 11th Nov, 2013 11:07 PM

XBian wizard is fixed on git. i've miss to push 2 new files.
(also add finish button instead next on last one, and correct typo from iridium).

RE: beta2 - CurlyMo - 12th Nov, 2013 06:33 AM

Also, since the latest updates, i didn't have the slowless and diskspace issue anymore.

RE: Beta 2 Users only [Help needed] - Horrorzilla - 12th Nov, 2013 06:35 AM

Well - have run it for a few hours, seems stable. Problem is that it locks up when I try to reboot, exit, power off, or custom shutdown timer. The screen just freezes and nothing happens.

RE: Beta 2 Users only [Help needed] - rikardo1979 - 12th Nov, 2013 06:42 AM

(12th Nov, 2013 06:35 AM)Horrorzilla Wrote:  Well - have run it for a few hours, seems stable. Problem is that it locks up when I try to reboot, exit, power off, or custom shutdown timer. The screen just freezes and nothing happens.

did you install it from latest image or did you upgrade? I have tested mine, installed from image and its working just fine

RE: beta2 - pipes - 12th Nov, 2013 08:31 AM

(11th Nov, 2013 12:20 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I'm done with the new Splash. For those who want to test it: https://github.com/CurlyMoo/Splash

Code:
make
./splash-daemon

Make sure you got libfreetype6-dev and libjpeg8-dev installed.

Can you explain how to install your splash step by step? I would like to try..
Thanks

Sorry my english

RE: Beta 2 Users only [Help needed] - Horrorzilla - 12th Nov, 2013 09:16 AM

(12th Nov, 2013 06:42 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(12th Nov, 2013 06:35 AM)Horrorzilla Wrote:  Well - have run it for a few hours, seems stable. Problem is that it locks up when I try to reboot, exit, power off, or custom shutdown timer. The screen just freezes and nothing happens.

did you install it from latest image or did you upgrade? I have tested mine, installed from image and its working just fine

I installed the latest image. Everything else works very well, it's the only problem I have had with it so far. Even with that issue I prefer Xbian over Raspbmc, Openelec, etc. I installed it on 2 separate cards and same thing, but I will redownload the image and try again.

RE: Beta 2 Users only [Help needed] - f1vefour - 12th Nov, 2013 11:15 AM

Have you attempted to SSH in when the Pi freezes up?

RE: Beta 2 Users only [Help needed] - Horrorzilla - 12th Nov, 2013 11:45 AM

I can SSH in and reboot it when it is frozen yes. I tried redownloading the image and still same issue at first. Now after rebooting through SSH it seems to be working. Not sure what it was but seems to be fine as of now.

RE: Beta 2 Users only [Help needed] - mzs - 12th Nov, 2013 01:53 PM

Is there any chance of including support for the new version of noobs 1.3.2 or a tested set of instructions about creating an image for it? Is there any technical limitation?