Forum
[Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+---- Forum: Kodi Settings (/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: [Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV (/thread-1343.html)

[Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV - IriDium - 11th Sep, 2013 02:28 AM

Too lazy to switch off Xbian when turning your TV off for the night?

Now you don't have to.....

Go to Settings --> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter. Set "When the TV is switched off" to Shutdown.

Now you can enjoy an extra few minutes sleep without having to worry about shutting down Xbian.

RE: [Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV - mk01 - 11th Sep, 2013 06:09 AM

what is the reason to shutdown xbian?

how are you turning it on?

I have better tip: how to turn off TV when you are lazy or lost your RC and your movie already finished? just wait for screensaver. XBIAN will turn off TV automatically Smile

Re: [Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV - rikardo1979 - 11th Sep, 2013 07:26 AM

I guess that you both talking about XBMC features available since libCEC implementation Wink
Cool

Anyway,turning off RPi is pretty useless as @mk01 said cos to keep it on 24/7 whole year is going to cost you a massive £5 around...

RE: [Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV - mk01 - 11th Sep, 2013 07:46 AM

(11th Sep, 2013 07:26 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I guess that you both talking about XBMC features available since libCEC implementation Wink
Cool

Anyway,turning off RPi is pretty useless as @mk01 said cos to keep it on 24/7 whole year is going to cost you a massive £5 around...

1. yes 2. yes 3. yes

I'm curious man, the question wasn't directed to open flamewar Tongue

But it's not first time I see this as a topic and few people are ready to invest A LOT OF MONEY and TIME into making it possible (i mean real OFF and switch ON) - found on various forums. But never a reason.

RE: [Tip] Useful "Hidden" XBMC options for CEC TV - IriDium - 11th Sep, 2013 11:35 PM

My setup is. TV, AMP, RPi, Homeplug, USB disks, Powered hub, (split to power the RPi) all via a single switch.

So at the end of the night, I just have one switch to power the whole lot off and on.

CEC from the RPi will turn the TV on and the rest is history.

Flame away: It wasn't meant as anything, but more to inform people that the option is there (and you have to admit it is not obvious).

Rickardo: I bet you let your car idle. It's only about a quarter of a gallon per hour = £1.25 Tongue

I honestly don't think we share enough tips - maybe a part of the wiki page perhaps?