Forum
[PROBLEM] seeking buged ? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] seeking buged ? (/thread-1346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

seeking buged ? - soppathekeitto - 12th Sep, 2013 03:54 PM

Software
XBian version: 1.0Beta1.1
XBMC version:12.2 Git:20130502
Overclock settings:Default

Hardware
Power supply rating:
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B 512mb
SD card size and make/type: 16GB
Network (wireless or LAN): Ethernet or Wifi (tested both)
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Sony Bravia KDL-32EX500

Logile
Link to logfile(s):http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=57709

Problem description:
seeking dont work anymore. When i but time like 01:55:00 i hav to press stop and then start again play the movie it says

Resume from 01:55:00
Start from beginning

this changed last night 11.9.2013 before that seeking worked like charm.
no matter what movie file i use SD or HD mkv.avi etc. same thing happened

Then i did Fresh install of xbian 1.0Beta1.1 no help at all.

my movies are shared NFS and i tested SMB
Pc where i share them windows 7 x64
How to reproduce:

so fresh install did not fix my problem.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 19th Sep, 2013 07:34 PM

Same here, seeking is broken. Every file ist not seekable. If you enter a specific minute, the film hangs/freezes and you cannot do anything.

You can only press stop and start the movie, series, ... again and choose "resume from x" and that works.

I am on 1.0 Beta 1.1, too. Well, that one, that came with the installer. It did not happen on 1.0 Alpha 5. I have installed it freshly two days ago and chose "update" per Putty/SSH. That is all.

RE: seeking buged ? - soppathekeitto - 19th Sep, 2013 09:37 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 07:34 PM)syco Wrote:  Same here, seeking is broken. Every file ist not seekable. If you enter a specific minute, the film hangs/freezes and you cannot do anything.

You can only press stop and start the movie, series, ... again and choose "resume from x" and that works.

I am on 1.0 Beta 1.1, too. Well, that one, that came with the installer. It did not happen on 1.0 Alpha 5. I have installed it freshly two days ago and chose "update" per Putty/SSH. That is all.

Every movie file that i tryed didnt work. But now that i but xbian to USB the seeking and rewind etc. works all files.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 19th Sep, 2013 09:48 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 09:37 PM)soppathekeitto Wrote:  Every movie file that i tryed didnt work. But now that i but xbian to USB the seeking and rewind etc. works all files.

Sorry, I did not unterstand. You connected your Rasberry PI with Xbian to harddrive per USB and then it works, correct?

Well, that is no option for me. I have a server and a Synology and need the PI to be connected to it over Ethernet/LAN.

Maybe one of the tech guys knows about this or how to fix that.

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 19th Sep, 2013 10:30 PM

When you say seeking do you mean: Left right cursor keys +/- 30 seconds and up down cursor keys +/- 10 Minutes.

I've just tested on fresh Beta 1.1 with PC via SMB and NAS via SMB and all works as intended.

I have a feeling it may be NFS related, so can you check via SMB.

Also your link to log file is invalid.

So what happened on "this changed last night 11.9.2013"? Did you upgrade? add anytning?

If possible can you post output from dmesg and correct the link to the xbmc.log

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 19th Sep, 2013 10:50 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 10:30 PM)IriDium Wrote:  When you say seeking do you mean: Left right cursor keys +/- 30 seconds and up down cursor keys +/- 10 Minutes.

I've just tested on fresh Beta 1.1 with PC via SMB and NAS via SMB and all works as intended.

So what happened on "this changed last night 11.9.2013"? Did you upgrade? add anytning?

I do not know, what Soppa means, but as we have the same problem, I guess, I can answer, too.

When using Yatse as remote, I can swype over to a screen where there is the normal pogress bar. I can touch into that drag it to left or right OR I can press on the minutes/hours and jump directly to a time point, I stated.

So, that stopped working and it has nothing to do with the app, that is sure. I just used another Raspberry PI with an old firmware (1.0 Alpha 5) and it is working there, as it used to.

Btw, I use SMB, not NFS.

RE: seeking buged ? - soppathekeitto - 19th Sep, 2013 11:42 PM

(19th Sep, 2013 09:48 PM)syco Wrote:  
(19th Sep, 2013 09:37 PM)soppathekeitto Wrote:  Every movie file that i tryed didnt work. But now that i but xbian to USB the seeking and rewind etc. works all files.

Sorry, I did not unterstand. You connected your Rasberry PI with Xbian to harddrive per USB and then it works, correct?

Well, that is no option for me. I have a server and a Synology and need the PI to be connected to it over Ethernet/LAN.

Maybe one of the tech guys knows about this or how to fix that.

sorry i mean i installed (again xbian to sd card this was nro:15) and then i installed to it to USB drive.
whit this guide
http://wiki.xbian.org/USB_Installation

and some help from reading this forum post
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-427.html

(19th Sep, 2013 10:30 PM)IriDium Wrote:  When you say seeking do you mean: Left right cursor keys +/- 30 seconds and up down cursor keys +/- 10 Minutes.

I tested it with SMB and pluged USB driver didnt work at all. and 11.9.2013 i installed fresh xbian beta 1.1 in the morning but night it didtn work anymore.

like i posted earlier i get it to work when i installed fresh / USB installation it worked. I think the problem is sd corrupt or something like that etc.

aah the xbmc log server migrated so no wonder that link didnt work anymore B)

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 12:28 AM

@soppathekeitto: I would certainly try another card. I have a 16Gb Duracell 200x and it won't even boot on one of my RPi. But I am unsure why it would make a difference on seek.

@syco: Can you try a normal keyboard and see if the problm persists. A lot has changed in Beta 1.1 so it may be the App that does not recognise the functions. Even the official XBMC app has problems.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 12:34 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:28 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @syco: Can you try a normal keyboard and see if the problm persists. A lot has changed in Beta 1.1 so it may be the App that does not recognise the functions. Even the official XBMC app has problems.

I can try another keyboard, but where do I have a progress slider bar there to jump for-/backwards? Smile

Btw, I could install the offical XBMC app and try that, just to make sure it is not the app conflicting.

RE: seeking buged ? - soppathekeitto - 20th Sep, 2013 12:41 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:28 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @soppathekeitto: I would certainly try another card. I have a 16Gb Duracell 200x and it won't even boot on one of my RPi. But I am unsure why it would make a difference on seek.

now my seeking works in everyway whit SD/usb compination

No idea but i think that some file that is needed in the seeking corrupts or some thing. i dont know but now it is working and i am happy about the speed and quality of sd/usb installation.

When i get my SD class 10 card from the post office some time in next week i test fresh installation to it and try to seek.
ps. tryed whit yatsee and keybord

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 12:42 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:34 AM)syco Wrote:  
(20th Sep, 2013 12:28 AM)IriDium Wrote:  @syco: Can you try a normal keyboard and see if the problm persists. A lot has changed in Beta 1.1 so it may be the App that does not recognise the functions. Even the official XBMC app has problems.

I can try another keyboard, but where do I have a progress slider bar there to jump for-/backwards? Smile

Btw, I could install the offical XBMC app and try that, just to make sure it is not the app conflicting.

Use the keyboard arrow keys. Left right is +/- 30 seconds, up down is +/- 10 minutes.

I've just downloaded the App on Android 2.1 (Version 3.7.1) and the slider works fine, so it's something to do with your setup. I'll have a look around and see if I can replicate.

RE: seeking buged ? - soppathekeitto - 20th Sep, 2013 12:51 AM

btw i dont know is there a HUGE difference in linux installation or windows installation (i mean installing XBIAN)

i used windows installer

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 12:53 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:34 AM)syco Wrote:  

Alright, it is happening really everywhere:

- Yatse remote
- official XBMC remote
- hardware keyboard

As soon as you want to jump somewhere, the picture hangs and you cannot do anything about it. Just stopping and playing again helps.

So, something ist wrong with Soppa's and my setup, but I have done nothing special. Those addons are the only ones added: Shoutcast 2, Digitally Imported, Vorleser, YouTube, XBMC Backup, XBMC Auto Update. Nothing special, nothing system-changing.

Do you need anything? Any file? Log? I do not know where/how to get it, but if you explain it to me, I can do it, I am sure. Smile

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 12:55 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:51 AM)soppathekeitto Wrote:  btw i dont know is there a HUGE difference in linux installation or windows installation (i mean installing XBIAN)

i used windows installer

Shouldn't be, but with win32diskimager it's always best to format the SD card first. The latest Xbian installer doesn't need that and seems to work most of the times.

(20th Sep, 2013 12:53 AM)syco Wrote:  As soon as you want to jump somewhere, the picture hangs and you cannot do anything about it. Just stopping and playing again helps.

Do you see the buffering box in the top right hand window? as I have a feeling this may be related to either your SMB shares or possibly your network.

What type of movie file are you trying to watch 1080p DTS?

Can you post your details as requested in "Read before you post" a link is in my signature.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 02:01 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:55 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(20th Sep, 2013 12:53 AM)syco Wrote:  As soon as you want to jump somewhere, the picture hangs and you cannot do anything about it. Just stopping and playing again helps.

Do you see the buffering box in the top right hand window? as I have a feeling this may be related to either your SMB shares or possibly your network.

What type of movie file are you trying to watch 1080p DTS?

Can you post your details as requested in "Read before you post" a link is in my signature.

No, no, the movies are very small ones, like 480p or 720p stuff. It happens on ALL files, there is no difference in big or small and I do not have any high-profile films/series with DTS, ... etc.

As I said, I have two Raspberry PI sitting there, one with 1.0 Alpha 5 and the new 1.0 Beta 1.1. First one does not have the problems. So, I am sure, it has nothing to do with my network/SMB/shares. I even removed the server. It ist just plain PI to Synology connection per Ethernet and switch/rooter.

Software
XBian version: 1.0 Beta 1.1
XBMC version: 12.2 (Compiled: May, 28th)
Overclock settings: 840

Hardware
Power supply rating: 1500 mAh
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B
SD card size and make/type: Samsung Plus 16 GB Class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): LG, Synology

Problem description:
When jumping for-/backward playback of movie, stream, ... stops/freezes and you can only stop the playback by pressing on stop and restart it normally, where you can conclude where it stopped. So, seeking/jumping is dead/not working.

How to reproduce:
Just jump for-/backward on ANY movie, stream, tv series, ... anything with hardware keyboard, Yatse or XMBC remote.