Forum
[PROBLEM] seeking buged ? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] seeking buged ? (/thread-1346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: seeking bugged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 02:30 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 12:55 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Do you see the buffering box in the top right hand window?

Well? Do you?

All very strange. I need to deduce whether it's a buffering issue or something has "stolen" the keystrokes.

Maybe someone else has an idea. In the interim, can you disable your add-ons and see if that makes a difference.

I've got exactly the same setup (bar the add-on) Beta 1.1 access via SMB NAS and it works fine - even with the App.

Have you upgraded via Programs -> Xbian-config -> Updates?

If it STILL doesn't work, can you post the output from dmesg and xbmc.log.

Thanks for your patience. I have no idea what is going on here.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 02:39 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 02:30 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Well? Do you?

All very strange. I need to deduce whether it's a buffering issue or something has "stolen" the keystrokes.

Maybe someone else has an idea. In the interim, can you disable your add-ons and see if that makes a difference.

I've got exactly the same setup (bar the add-on) Beta 1.1 access via SMB NAS and it works fine - even with the App.

Have you upgraded via Programs -> Xbian-config -> Updates?

Ah, sorry, overread, but no, no buffering box.

I updated only in the admin menu with Putty. I did not go into the console to update. Maybe I should try this? apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, correct?

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 02:47 AM

No buffering box!!! Very strange, then I think something has "stolen" the key strokes.

1) ssh into the RPi. sudo -i, apt-get clean, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, reboot and see if that makes a difference.
2) If not, back to square one, disable the add-ons and try again. If it works, enable them one by one until it occurs again.
3) Switch on debug mode - go through the process of trying to seek - and then post the output of xbmc.log
or from a console (after switching on debugging mode) tail -f /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log and see of up, down, left right are registered.

Try that - and see what happens.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 03:19 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 02:47 AM)IriDium Wrote:  No buffering box!!! Very strange, then I think something has "stolen" the key strokes.

1) ssh into the RPi. sudo -i, apt-get clean, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, reboot and see if that makes a difference.
2) If not, back to square one, disable the add-ons and try again. If it works, enable them one by one until it occurs again.
3) Switch on debug mode - go through the process of trying to seek - and then post the output of xbmc.log
or from a console (after switching on debugging mode) tail -f /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log and see of up, down, left right are registered.

Try that - and see what happens.

Okay, I did 1, nothing different.

I did 2, nothing different.

Now I am on 3, but I have a stupid question: How do I get the xbmc.log out of the PI? I mean I can open the file with cat, but then I see only half the file because of the large screen input. Can I send or copy it into RAM, so that I can paste it into a txt file?

Nevermind, I managed to connect to it with a FTP programme. Here is the file. Around half past seven I tried it the last time.

What the heck?! log not allowed, txt too big, zip not allowed, rar not allowed. That must be the worst attachment service in a forum. Smile

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 03:32 AM

Hmm you got me there. I installed pure-ftpd and just ftp'd it to my PC and then updated it from there. I am assured that sftp is installed but I'll be buggered if I can get it to work.

I'm sure there is a whizzo way of doing it, but that I do not know.

So all I can say is sudo apt-get install pure-ftpd, and then copy the file to your PC and post it from there. Or install the xbmc-log addon and post the reply.

BTW: Did you see anything in the tail message?

4) Last resort: Fresh install of Beta 1.1, no add-ons. Upgrade and see if it works. If not, then I am at a loss.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 03:42 AM

Can you give me an e-mail address or another way how to send it to you? The forum just does not let me. -\

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 03:47 AM

Use http://www.pastebin.com

There is a limit on the size of an attachment on the Forum - pain I know,

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 03:52 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 03:47 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Use http://www.pastebin.com

There is a limit on the size of an attachment on the Forum - pain I know,

http://pastebin.com/xDnU08Nj

Going soooo on my nerves. Pastebin allowed only 500 kb. Well, I cut the text now.

Around 1930h I tried it again, as you can see in the log (starting a movie called After Earth).

PS No, it is not the size limit, that bothers, but the whole attachment feature is broken. I could not even upload a simple txt file with less than 200 kb.

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 04:05 AM

OK - Back to basics.

1) What controller are you using?
2) With debug on and tail - when you push the up/down key what output do you see?
From the log posted, I can see no up or down commands which makes me think it is the controller. Can you do the same but with a "normal" KB.

Also it seems to have problems with DTS - is your TV really DTS enabled

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 04:21 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 04:05 AM)IriDium Wrote:  OK - Back to basics.

1) What controller are you using?
2) With debug on and tail - when you push the up/down key what output do you see?
From the log posted, I can see no up or down commands which makes me think it is the controller. Can you do the same but with a "normal" KB.

Also it seems to have problems with DTS - is your TV really DTS enabled

Sorry, controller?! I am using the remote app Yatse or official XBMC on my android phone or a hardware Dell keyboard. The issue happens on all three of them.

The Raspberry is connected to Ethernet, HDMI (LG TV) and amplifier (audio jack). I have no clue about DTS, but that was never a problem during the past six months I am using my PI now.

If I click the left and right button on a normal keyboard (the Dell one), the same happens (hanging).

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 04:28 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 04:05 AM)IriDium Wrote:  2) With debug on and tail - when you push the up/down key what output do you see?
1, Set debug on in xbmc
2, ssh into the RPi.
3,. Issue tail -f /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
4, Do the seek command and post what output is seen.

Just a thought: Have you swapped your SD cards with the other RPi

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 04:35 AM

I FOUND THE BUG and here it is:

System - Settings - Audio output

Choosing "all" brings the problem up.

If you use "HDMI" or "analog", everything is fine. Switch to "all" and file seeking is dead. I just reproduced that four times.

Maybe a developer could fix that? I love to have the sound on the amplifier, when listening to music loudly during the day and in the night using just the TV's sound for movies/series, ... etc. The need to always switch the setting would be quite uncomfortable.

PS Sappo, maybe you want to check, if you have that setting, as well? Could be your problem, too.

RE: seeking buged ? - IriDium - 20th Sep, 2013 04:42 AM

Wow. I knew there was a problem with Audio -> All but not that. Congrats on the debug. I think that Beta 1.2 solves this problem. Glad you stuck with it.
It had me flummoxed.

RE: seeking buged ? - syco - 20th Sep, 2013 04:46 AM

(20th Sep, 2013 04:42 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Wow. I knew there was a problem with Audio -> All but not that. Congrats on the debug. I think that Beta 1.2 solves this problem. Glad you stuck with it.
It had me flummoxed.

Haha, you have no clue. I was like ... WTF?!

I mean, I am no Linux expert or programming guy, but installing/configuring a RPI (with the newest XBIAN, I had Alpha 5 running for some months) could not be a master task ... and then came alone this really weird error. Big Grin

You gave me the hint with the sound and I was just thinking through all possibilities and settings. Smile

Can you tell me, when beta 1.2 is to arrive or if it is available, already, where to get it? The installer does not have/show it.

Thank you, btw.

RE: seeking buged ? - soppathekeitto - 20th Sep, 2013 06:08 AM

Glad that problems cause is founded B) . Now that i think i used that ALL in the sound settings.

edit: I just tested it too.. god damit so "simple" .. thanx B).