Forum
Can't shutdown - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Can't shutdown (/thread-1350.html)

Can't shutdown - castalla - 13th Sep, 2013 10:34 AM

I can't get xbian to shutdown.

Power-off just reboots.

???

[latest release]

RE: Can't shutdown - IriDium - 14th Sep, 2013 04:31 AM

Come on! You don't really expect anyone to diagnose the problem based on what you have given, do you?

Please post the details as requested in "Please read before you post" a link is provided in my signature.

Interim, is this just the #sudo poweroff or also from within XBMC?

RE: Can't shutdown - castalla - 14th Sep, 2013 04:46 AM

(14th Sep, 2013 04:31 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Come on! You don't really expect anyone to diagnose the problem based on what you have given, do you?

Please post the details as requested in "Please read before you post" a link is provided in my signature.

Interim, is this just the #sudo poweroff or also from within XBMC?

I thought the info was pretty straightforward. Shutdown doesn't work (in gui or terminal) in the latest release.

I since discovered that this is a known issue which supposedly has been fixed in a firmware update to 1.4-5.1. In my case, the issue is still there.

Only reverting to firmware 1.4-3 solves the problem of shutdown triggering a reboot.

Can't shutdown - blackvenom - 15th Sep, 2013 02:51 AM

(14th Sep, 2013 04:46 AM)castalla Wrote:  I since discovered that this is a known issue which supposedly has been fixed in a firmware update to 1.4-5.1. In my case, the issue is still there.

Only reverting to firmware 1.4-3 solves the problem of shutdown triggering a reboot.

I had the same issue as this and solved it in the same way

RE: Can't shutdown - mk01 - 15th Sep, 2013 09:41 AM

The firmware version (which XBian provides as 1.4-5) contains fix for it but seems to be effective only on 3.10.x kernels.

For older kernel indeed 1.4-3 is a solution.

RE: Can't shutdown - Baz8755 - 29th Oct, 2013 06:30 PM

Add me as a me too

I installed Beta 1.1 using the install exe to my SD card, as of last night I have updated everything using the system menus in Xbian.

But when I use the power menu in Xbian the shutdown option seems just to power down and then reboot itself.

Being a noob at this Xbian business what do I need to do to resolve this or will a future update sort it out.

Also if I do eventually get it to shutdown how do I get it to power up again (I am using the official xbmc android app), I am guessing some kind of WOL setup.

Cheers

Baz

RE: Can't shutdown - rikardo1979 - 29th Oct, 2013 06:50 PM

(29th Oct, 2013 06:30 PM)Baz8755 Wrote:  Also if I do eventually get it to shutdown how do I get it to power up again (I am using the official xbmc android app), I am guessing some kind of WOL setup.

Cheers

Baz

once the RPi is OFF you have no option to turn it back ON by any SW or WOL! You have to simply power cycle so means you have to turn OFF and back ON the power source or unplug/plug the power cord

RE: Can't shutdown - Folkert - 18th Nov, 2013 08:00 AM

Same problem for me, using XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1
Actually to be more precise, it shuts down without problem, however then immediately boots up again :-(
So have to pull the power very fast, as soon as shutdown is finished, and only one red led is remaining.

RE: Can't shutdown - mk01 - 21st Nov, 2013 03:56 PM

@Folkert

for kernels <= 3.9 downgrade firmware to 1.4-3

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/448#issuecomment-24033151