Forum
Newbie Here - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie Here (/thread-1411.html)

Newbie Here - gaff - 27th Sep, 2013 01:55 AM

Hi I am a newbie at Xbian and Linux, I have just manged to install and got the Xbian to run on my newly acquired Raspberry Pi.

However I face a rather silly issue. I am unable to add videos, and hence unable to play them.

I managed to find my portable hard drive at "/media/Seagate......" and have added that location. I have tried with movie scrapper and without, but still unable to see any movies appearing.

I need help here. Hope someone will help a noob like me. Thanks!

Software
XBian version: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1
XBMC version: (not sure)
Overclock settings: (no overclock) @700mhz

Hardware
Power supply rating: 5V 1.0A
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B 512mb
SD card size and make/type: 2GB sandisk mircosd
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Seagate 1TB portable Hard Drive SRD00F1

Logile
Link to logfile(s): ~do not know how to get it

Problem description: I managed to find my portable hard drive at "/media/Seagate......" and have added that location. I have tried with movie scrapper and without, but still unable to see any movies appearing.

How to reproduce:

RE: Newbie Here - IriDium - 27th Sep, 2013 02:22 AM

Please read "Please read before you post" a link is in my signature.

You will need to ssh into your RPi and post the output of dmesg and df -h.

Also as root: start dbus; stop xbmc; start xbmc

and see if your disk drive is visible in Videos.

RE: Newbie Here - gaff - 27th Sep, 2013 02:41 AM

Hi, I need help in getting the log file. I am not exactly sure how to get to terminal. After SSH, I get into a configuration menu. and do not know how to get terminal

RE: Newbie Here - IriDium - 27th Sep, 2013 02:45 AM

(27th Sep, 2013 02:41 AM)gaff Wrote:  Hi, I need help in getting the log file. I am not exactly sure how to get to terminal. After SSH, I get into a configuration menu. and do not know how to get terminal

From the configuration menu, go to Services. Find dbus, select and then start. Then xbmc and stop it. Afterwards start it again.

To get to the terminal you just have to exit the menu.

Also can you rename the thread to something more conducive to the problem. "Newbie Here" is not very helpful.