Forum
XBMC hardware - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Recommended and supported hardware (/forum-47.html)
+--- Thread: XBMC hardware (/thread-1426.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: XBMC hardware - Skywatch - 10th Jun, 2017 09:57 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will use the pi3's for other things then Smile

As for the I2S being at fault, it has worked well ever since I got it and handles non BD ripped material OK, no dropouts or choppiness at all.

I only noticed it last night so not had much time to look into it, was hoping for a quick fix but now my weekend is full, so won't get time until next week now Sad

RE: XBMC hardware - Skywatch - 14th Jun, 2017 03:58 AM

Still not had time to look into this but was wondering if it could be a codec issue? How do I check/update codecs with Xbian?

Maybe tomorrow I will have time to investigate more, tonight I have to go and watch the total victory of the England team against France! Tongue

Wink

RE: XBMC hardware - Nachteule - 14th Jun, 2017 06:06 AM

(14th Jun, 2017 03:58 AM)Skywatch Wrote:  Still not had time to look into this but was wondering if it could be a codec issue? How do I check/update codecs with Xbian?

Maybe tomorrow I will have time to investigate more, tonight I have to go and watch the total victory of the England team against France! Tongue

Wink

Which total victory ? Tongue

Don't believe that this is codec issue. Kodi has static linked ffmpeg, and external codecs like libavcodecblabhblah (if required) are coming from Debian repo.

Would be good idea figuring out which video and /oraudio codec your BD is using

RE: XBMC hardware - Skywatch - 15th Jun, 2017 02:19 AM

(14th Jun, 2017 06:06 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Which total victory ?

We can only dream! - But if you only watch the first 10 minutes, it is quite a good game! Wink
TBH the second half was an embarassment for the England team. Totally clueless.

(14th Jun, 2017 06:06 AM)Nachteule Wrote:  Don't believe that this is codec issue. Kodi has static linked ffmpeg, and external codecs like libavcodecblabhblah (if required) are coming from Debian repo.

Would be good idea figuring out which video and /or audio codec your BD is using

I will have to look a little more into this. The BD were encoded with handbrake so maybe look there first, but they did play fine last year and still do on the laptop (win10 with latest klite mega codec pack).

Thanks as ever for the suggestions and help.....One day I will buy you a beer at Oktoberfest (twice I ended up in Munich on business during October, once before the Bierfest and once the week after....so never did get to try it out.....must add to my bucket list).....Ah well...... Sad

RE: XBMC hardware - Nachteule - 15th Jun, 2017 03:12 AM

Ehm, you're confusing me Confused

First you told about BD

Quote:Only reason I am considering it because BD media seems to have very choppy sound now

and now you're talking about mp4 or mkv or whatever

Quote:The BD were encoded with handbrake so maybe look there first

handbrake encoded stuff should never make any issues, I'm using a lot of them Smile