Forum
[PROBLEM] disable video thumbnails - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] disable video thumbnails (/thread-1428.html)

disable video thumbnails - idontkn0w123 - 30th Sep, 2013 03:00 AM

in settings -> video I disabled "Extract thumbnails and video information", but pictures are still loaded... what can I do to prevent it or is it a bug?
(googled but no success..)

RE: disable video thumbnails - IriDium - 30th Sep, 2013 04:18 AM

(30th Sep, 2013 03:00 AM)idontkn0w123 Wrote:  in settings -> video I disabled "Extract thumbnails and video information", but pictures are still loaded... what can I do to prevent it or is it a bug?
(googled but no success..)

Can you please read "Read before you post" - a link is in my signature.

Mainly we need to know what version of Xbian you are running and how to recreate the problem.

Is this a fresh install, an upgrade or just something you noticed.

Could it be that "The thumbnails" have been loaded before and are just extracted from "memory?" Have you tried on a new movie?

Try clearing your movie database and recreating and see if that improves things.

RE: disable video thumbnails - idontkn0w123 - 30th Sep, 2013 05:54 AM

Software
XBian version: XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1
XBMC version: system default
Overclock settings: system default

Hardware
Power supply rating: 5V 1A
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B
SD card size and make/type: Transcend Extreme-Speed SDHC 16GB Class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): Lan
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Samsung 40" LCD ..

Problem description:
in settings -> video I disabled "Extract thumbnails and video information", but pictures are still loaded

How to reproduce:
  • fresh xbian install on sdcard
  • movie folders contain no .nfo or .jpg, just video!
  • disable "Extract thumbnails and video information"
  • add new library ->it should not add any pictures
  • it adds thumbnails

Edit: Just tested on xmbc 12.0-RC3 on linux it is also the same. Sad

RE: disable video thumbnails - rikardo1979 - 30th Sep, 2013 07:24 AM

try to deselect this option than remove your sources and clean the library. after add the sources back and rescann media into library

RE: disable video thumbnails - mk01 - 30th Sep, 2013 08:50 AM

(30th Sep, 2013 05:54 AM)idontkn0w123 Wrote:  Edit: Just tested on xmbc 12.0-RC3 on linux it is also the same. Sad

just a question, for me is not clear what you understand with "add new library ->it should not add any pictures"

for me it means that before actual play - during video - files - browsing folders, content will be displayed as files, if thumbnail view then the icons will be just gray (video file will not be opened and picture will not be grabbed) and neither the tags like "5.1 2.0 HD DTS ..." will not be detected without the user actually opens the file.

at least this is how XBMC works for years. of course this is valid for browsing FILES (even in Library mode). if you browse Movies, then there are no Thumbnails but coverart and fanart which is not affected by this. but the TAGS are and even for scrapped movie not played yet - without this option - you will not see the movie info (codec info) in pictograms.

hopefully I remember it right.

RE: disable video thumbnails - idontkn0w123 - 30th Sep, 2013 06:22 PM

hm I think I understood something wrong. I thought "Extract thumbnails and video information" would disable all coverart etc.
It only concerns the .nfo files and pictures (if existing f.ex. after export) stored in the video folders.

The coverpictures are still loaded from the internet if a lan/wifi connection exists. Thats what I thought "Extract thumbnails and video information" would also deactivate.

I want to disable any pictures. The only possibility that I know, is deleting the userdata folder which contains the thumbnails. But on the next refresh all pics are downloaded again.

(30th Sep, 2013 08:50 AM)mk01 Wrote:  if you browse Movies, then there are no Thumbnails but coverart and fanart which is not affected by this.
fanart can be disabled. only coverart is always loaded Sad

And I do not want only library mode, because I want the multiple movie-parts to be stacked and shown as 1 link only.

RE: disable video thumbnails - mk01 - 30th Sep, 2013 06:41 PM

Ok, got the picture. Unfortunate this is not how it works.

But just got idea of setting for example coverart resolution to something like 5x5 . Or 1x1 ? I don't know if even possible, but worth trying.

Files would be still stored / downloaded, but effectively limiting the disk usage to zero on btrfs (small files fit with metadata)

RE: disable video thumbnails - idontkn0w123 - 1st Oct, 2013 12:45 AM

hm found another way to get more speed with coverpictures and descriptions. The amber skin, with fanart turned off, runs quite smooth. (635 movies [~1100 files] and 14 series [~1.700 files])

your tip with resizing perhaps works, but I dont want to change so many files by hand Smile)

ty for help

<3 xbian fastest xbmc for raspi Smile

RE: disable video thumbnails - mk01 - 1st Oct, 2013 01:17 AM

(1st Oct, 2013 12:45 AM)idontkn0w123 Wrote:  hm found another way to get more speed with coverpictures and descriptions. The amber skin, with fanart turned off, runs quite smooth.

the size can be set in advancedsettings.xml ...

where are you disabling fanart ?

RE: disable video thumbnails - idontkn0w123 - 1st Oct, 2013 03:13 AM

(1st Oct, 2013 01:17 AM)mk01 Wrote:  where are you disabling fanart ?
  • add/edit a source
  • (enter your source path)
  • click ok
  • set content
  • (still in set content window) on the bottom click settings
  • Remove check at "Enable fanart"

After that no more fanart is loaded from the internet, even if you choose fanart view or mediainfo view

RE: disable video thumbnails - mk01 - 1st Oct, 2013 08:50 AM

(1st Oct, 2013 03:13 AM)idontkn0w123 Wrote:  After that no more fanart is loaded from the internet, even if you choose fanart view or mediainfo view

ash yes, now I remember. But isn't that part RELATED to specific scrapper / media type you selected ?

general valid on XBMC is not, is it ?

mk

RE: disable video thumbnails - idontkn0w123 - 1st Oct, 2013 09:21 PM

(1st Oct, 2013 08:50 AM)mk01 Wrote:  ash yes, now I remember. But isn't that part RELATED to specific scrapper / media type you selected ?

general valid on XBMC is not, is it ?

Yes you have to set "Videos" or "TV-Series" to get the option to disable fanart.

And what you said in one post above with setting size for coverart works,

I added
Code:
advancedsettings.xml
with the following code:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<imageres>1</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

tested it on xbmc on my normal pc (lastest version) and you see no more picture. I deleted all thumbnails and it seem that they are not recreated anymore. Have to test it on my raspi if its a performance gain..

RE: disable video thumbnails - mk01 - 1st Oct, 2013 10:09 PM

(1st Oct, 2013 09:21 PM)idontkn0w123 Wrote:  I added
Code:
advancedsettings.xml
with the following code:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<imageres>1</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

tested it on xbmc on my normal pc (lastest version) and you see no more picture. I deleted all thumbnails and it seem that they are not recreated anymore. Have to test it on my raspi if its a performance gain..

yes this is what i was thinking about.

report back