Forum
[SOLVED] 3D & Projector - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] 3D & Projector (/thread-1451.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

3D & Projector - Abshole - 2nd Oct, 2013 02:45 AM

I've been going back and forth using RasPlex & Xbian on my Pi. I have the BenQ W1080ST which supports 3D including HDMI, Blu-Ray, 3D broadcasting, video games and NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity.

I've had no issue playing .mkv files that're 2D, but when playing 3D files (mostly SBS), the option on my projector to switch to a 3D setting is not available. I've tried playing some on my XBOX and although it stuttered, I was able to switch to a 3D setting.

Is there a configuration that I need to change?

RE: 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 2nd Oct, 2013 03:36 AM

(2nd Oct, 2013 02:45 AM)Abshole Wrote:  I've been going back and forth using RasPlex & Xbian on my Pi. I have the BenQ W1080ST which supports 3D including HDMI, Blu-Ray, 3D broadcasting, video games and NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity.

I've had no issue playing .mkv files that're 2D, but when playing 3D files (mostly SBS), the option on my projector to switch to a 3D setting is not available. I've tried playing some on my XBOX and although it stuttered, I was able to switch to a 3D setting.

Is there a configuration that I need to change?
I do not own 3D equipment so I cant test, but I may have an idea. I think that you may have the edid issue with your CEC over HDMI.
Try to add this line to config.txt on FAT partition of your SD card

hdmi_force_edid_3d=1

RE: 3D & Projector - Abshole - 2nd Oct, 2013 09:39 AM

(2nd Oct, 2013 03:36 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I do not own 3D equipment so I cant test, but I may have an idea. I think that you may have the edid issue with your CEC over HDMI.
Try to add this line to config.txt on FAT partition of your SD card

hdmi_force_edid_3d=1

Can this be done just by popping in my SD card in my computer, or by SSH?

RE: 3D & Projector - mk01 - 2nd Oct, 2013 09:52 AM

as you like. in your PC or ssh.

RE: 3D & Projector - Abshole - 3rd Oct, 2013 02:31 AM

Great news. Adding the line to the config for Xbian solved it. Going to give it a shot on my RasPlex setup.

Re: 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 3rd Oct, 2013 02:48 AM

does it means that its all good with it? if so than well done Wink
And maybe you can full edit your 1st post and set the prefix to [SOLVED]
-thx-

RE: [Solved] 3D & Projector - Abshole - 3rd Oct, 2013 01:23 PM

Ah damn. It didn't work for RasPlex Sad

Maybe I just entered it in the wrong section of the config.

Re: [Solved] 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 3rd Oct, 2013 05:21 PM

I have no knowledge of Rasplex what so ever as I have never tried it.
By quick search on their wiki you looking for /flash/config.txt
That shold be the config you want to add the line in.
But as I said, not sure and also I'm not sure if it will work

https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/wiki/SD%20TV%20Output

RE: [Solved] 3D & Projector - Abshole - 4th Oct, 2013 02:43 AM

(3rd Oct, 2013 05:21 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I have no knowledge of Rasplex what so ever as I have never tried it.
By quick search on their wiki you looking for /flash/config.txt
That shold be the config you want to add the line in.
But as I said, not sure and also I'm not sure if it will work

https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/wiki/SD%20TV%20Output

I'll give that a try. I appreciate your help.

I love both RasPlex & xbian, I just find using the remote built into the plex app for iOS much easier than those I've seen for xbian.

RE: [Solved] 3D & Projector - mk01 - 4th Oct, 2013 03:22 AM

(4th Oct, 2013 02:43 AM)Abshole Wrote:  I love both RasPlex & xbian, I just find using the remote built into the plex app for iOS much easier than those I've seen for xbian.

there is standard remote provided by XBMC which works. available on app store.

RE: 3D & Projector - Abshole - 5th Oct, 2013 09:15 AM

Kinda frustrated because I can play the same files with Rasplex as Xbian, and they'll stutter/lag with xbian but not RasPlex.

Wasn't able to get the 3d setting to work with RasPlex, and with xbian only top/bottom works, not sbs.

RE: 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 5th Oct, 2013 08:39 PM

please post more details of your system setup. follow the Please read rules and do a search before you post! in my signature.
Also add the details of your audio/video output settings in XBMC system

RE: [Solved] 3D & Projector - Abshole - 7th Oct, 2013 07:35 AM

Software
XBian version: 1.0 Beta 1.1
XBMC version:
Overclock settings: Default

Hardware
Power supply rating:
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B
SD card size and make/type: Polaroid 32 GB CL10
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Pi to Onkyo TX-SR313, TX-SR313 to Projector (BenQ W1080ST)

Logile
Not sure if necessary, but this was when I was playing a half side by side, with "3dsbs" in the filename @ 1920x1080p resolution, unable to switch to SBS. http://pastebin.com/ueB4Gy0z

Problem description:
3D SBS films are not recognized by my projector which prevents me from being able to switch to SBS setting. I've tried putting "hsbs", "HSBS", "3DSBS", and "3dsbs" in the filename but still cannot switch. When setting the resolution to 960x1080 and playing a SBS film, the left half of the screen displays the image, but even that is cut in half. Films that are Top & Bottom get recognized and I'm able to switch to them with no problem. The configuration file is the default with 'hdmi_force_edid_3d=1' added onto the end.

On top of that, it seems any 1080p film plays for about 5 minutes then stutters for 5 seconds, only to repeat that process again and again.

Video Output
Resolution: 1920x1080p
Refresh: 60.0
Vertical Blank Sync: Let Driver Choose
LCD/VFD is off

Audio Output
Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker Config: 5.1

RE: 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 7th Oct, 2013 09:50 PM

(7th Oct, 2013 07:35 AM)Abshole Wrote:  Software
XBian version: 1.0 Beta 1.1
XBMC version:
Overclock settings: Default

Hardware
Power supply rating:
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B
SD card size and make/type: Polaroid 32 GB CL10
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Pi to Onkyo TX-SR313, TX-SR313 to Projector (BenQ W1080ST)

Logile
Not sure if necessary, but this was when I was playing a half side by side, with "3dsbs" in the filename @ 1920x1080p resolution, unable to switch to SBS. http://pastebin.com/ueB4Gy0z

Problem description:
3D SBS films are not recognized by my projector which prevents me from being able to switch to SBS setting. I've tried putting "hsbs", "HSBS", "3DSBS", and "3dsbs" in the filename but still cannot switch. When setting the resolution to 960x1080 and playing a SBS film, the left half of the screen displays the image, but even that is cut in half. Films that are Top & Bottom get recognized and I'm able to switch to them with no problem. The configuration file is the default with 'hdmi_force_edid_3d=1' added onto the end.

On top of that, it seems any 1080p film plays for about 5 minutes then stutters for 5 seconds, only to repeat that process again and again.

Video Output
Resolution: 1920x1080p
Refresh: 60.0
Vertical Blank Sync: Let Driver Choose
LCD/VFD is off

Audio Output
Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker Config: 5.1

Do you have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
And also do you have DD and DTS external decoders enabled in Audio Output settings?

RE: 3D & Projector - Abshole - 8th Oct, 2013 02:13 AM

(7th Oct, 2013 09:50 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  Do you have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
And also do you have DD and DTS external decoders enabled in Audio Output settings?

"Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is enabled, and the DD/DTS decoders are disabled.