Forum
[SOLVED] 3D & Projector - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] 3D & Projector (/thread-1451.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 18th Oct, 2013 04:58 AM

(18th Oct, 2013 02:10 AM)Abshole Wrote:  So even though the resolution settings for video output is 1080p (as well as the projector) & the video I'm playing is 1080p, it's normal for it to look for a source even though the video has already started playing and I can hear it? I've had the Cinema Experience enabled and after every video/slide played it lost the source/looked/found the source. It's just quite aggravating.

I'm not sure why XBMC runs flawlessly on a physical computer and another on the RPi.

All devices are LAN. I avoid using Wi Fi in these types of situations.
Yes, even you have the resolution pre-set the source always adjust before video is displayed, so the right resolution but also refresh rate is used.

and your network, I still cant say why is buffering. Can you tell how is your XBMC Audio/Video output settings in system?
(18th Oct, 2013 02:39 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @Abshole,

going though the messages, I'm somehow slowly loosing confidence with Projector.
too, bad..the projector would be the best way. For me this would be my next upgrade as I dont see a point to getting a new TV as I think that 50" I have now is just a biggest for reasonable price. So my next move would be a maybe smaller TV just for day use like for news, TV films, etc and than some good projector with motorized screen Wink
I think this is the best combo

RE: 3D & Projector - Abshole - 18th Oct, 2013 07:13 AM

Did some playing around...

I hooked up my Mac mini to my system and installed a fresh xbmc. Didn't change any settings, played a video with no loss/searching for a source and the video was played instantly. Changed the setting for matching refresh rate, back to searching prior to video being displayed.

Oddly, I don't get buffering issues. Possibly because the device hooked up is the same device my external hdd is plugged into?

RE: 3D & Projector - rikardo1979 - 18th Oct, 2013 07:24 PM

(18th Oct, 2013 07:13 AM)Abshole Wrote:  Did some playing around...

I hooked up my Mac mini to my system and installed a fresh xbmc. Didn't change any settings, played a video with no loss/searching for a source and the video was played instantly. Changed the setting for matching refresh rate, back to searching prior to video being displayed.
yes, all normal as it should m8, there is nothing wrong here

(18th Oct, 2013 07:13 AM)Abshole Wrote:  Oddly, I don't get buffering issues. Possibly because the device hooked up is the same device my external hdd is plugged into?

yes, this would be just about right. you play the file from locally hooked HDD. So there is something odd with your network somewhere, I would say maybe something where the RPi is connected to network??? I mean it can be an HW issue, like LAN cable, the the switch/router where is plugged in, etc.. Or it might be something in the system so I would say that you need to look closer to the network and do some network debugging on the RPi.

RE: 3D & Projector - Smultie - 3rd Apr, 2014 03:49 PM

(3rd Apr, 2014 03:36 PM)kaamil20 Wrote:  Meridian a very high end projector for $8,500. There is also another brand that I can not remember the name which is about $60,000.

Why are you bumping all these old topic???

RE: 3D & Projector - Skywatch - 1st Nov, 2014 09:54 PM

It might be an old topic, but one that some people may find interesting.

I wondered if the pi was using an outdated HDMI spec that didn't allow for 3D so today I tried it.

3D SBS from the pi works well with my projector (Optoma HD141X). So that should give everyone who is looking at this option a little hope.

Skywatch.