Forum
[PROBLEM] ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) (/thread-1453.html)

ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - pacmyc - 2nd Oct, 2013 02:54 AM

Hi.
There's a great video addon called SVT play that has stopped working after that the provider started to send encrypted streams. On the XBMC forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67110&page=29) there is a discussion about using a beta version of ffmpeg with SSL support. Would this beta version be possible to download and install directly on Xbian as well, or does it need to be recompiled to fit this platform?

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - mk01 - 2nd Oct, 2013 05:27 AM

we will try compile nightly

will let you know

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - pacmyc - 9th Oct, 2013 04:41 AM

(2nd Oct, 2013 05:27 AM)mk01 Wrote:  we will try compile nightly

will let you know

Hi!
Any news on this?

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - mk01 - 12th Oct, 2013 02:37 AM

I was looking into it but not all parts of the patch apply automatically. But it is not on hold, just lower priority. Maybe during weekend.

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - pacmyc - 12th Oct, 2013 03:08 AM

(12th Oct, 2013 02:37 AM)mk01 Wrote:  I was looking into it but not all parts of the patch apply automatically. But it is not on hold, just lower priority. Maybe during weekend.

I just tried updating all packages in xbian config and now the svtplay addon seems to be working again.
Could it be because of the updates or has the provider just stopped encrypting the streams?

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - mk01 - 12th Oct, 2013 03:25 AM

run
Code:
sudo tcpdump port 80 and port 443

and see yourself. start it from terminal window (ssh) and open stream after.

(if you don't have tcpdump yet, install with sudo apt-get install tcpdump)

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - pacmyc - 12th Oct, 2013 06:43 AM

mk01 datele='1381512352' Wrote:  run
[cme
sudo tcpdump port 80 and port 443
[/code]

and see yourself. start it from terminal window (ssh) and open stream after.

(if you don't have tcpdump yet, install with sudo apt-get install tcpdump)

I tried that. On port 443 it was silent while there was a lot of traffic on port 80.
However, the traffic on port 80 didn't seem to become less when stopping the videostream.
A lot of packets on port 80 come from the android tablet on which im running the ssh client terminal.

From the manual of tcpdump i understood that it is possibke to filter packets that are from/to a certain process.
I will try that.

But the fact that i have no traffic on port 443 does it mean for sure that the stream is no longer SSL encrypted?

RE: ffmpeg with SSL support (for SVTplay) - mk01 - 12th Oct, 2013 12:41 PM

(12th Oct, 2013 06:43 AM)pacmyc Wrote:  From the manual of tcpdump i understood that it is possibke to filter packets that are from/to a certain process.
I will try that.

But the fact that i have no traffic on port 443 does it mean for sure that the stream is no longer SSL encrypted?

you can alway play with the filters like

tcpdump not dst net 192.168.0.0/16 and dst port 80

but if 443 is with no output, I would assume they switched back to 80.