Forum
Problems saving - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Problems saving (/thread-1468.html)

Problems saving - beemertwins - 3rd Oct, 2013 08:35 PM

Hi guys I've downloaded and installed xbian on r-pi but every time I change the theme and some settings once I switch of and turn the r- pi it goes back to the default settings?

What could cause this issue?

Re: Problems saving - rikardo1979 - 3rd Oct, 2013 08:39 PM

make sure your sd card is not write protected. means check the physical lock switch on side of the card

RE: Problems saving - beemertwins - 3rd Oct, 2013 11:04 PM

Hi Rikardo it's not on write protection one of the first things I checked. Would any advanced settings cause this to happen?

RE: Problems saving - IriDium - 3rd Oct, 2013 11:14 PM

I notice you say switch off, switch on.

Are you just turning the poweroff? If so this could be causing the issue. Always shut down the RPi correctly.

RE: Problems saving - rikardo1979 - 3rd Oct, 2013 11:56 PM

also please provide more details of your setup, software and hardware. Please follow guidance in signatures where you find how to.
For now its hard to say what as this would req more troubleshooting steps.
But even you said the card is not locked, and I want to believe, I have to ask; have you actually tested that is not write protected? Like plugged into PC and copy/delete some file on it? You know, just to make sure we have this covered Wink

RE: Problems saving - beemertwins - 4th Oct, 2013 08:40 PM

My setup is r-pi. Model b 512mb running latest xbian install and Xbmc frodo. I check the card all is working fine when transferring and deleting stuff on the sd card. Finally enough I tried again last night with openelec install with a different sd card. All was ok until it was I installed it also onto the USB stick, so the sd was only used for booting.

RE: Problems saving - IriDium - 5th Oct, 2013 02:36 AM

You didn't answer my question Shutting down

However, it now seems that you are now running off a USB drive?

How did you create the "image" on the USB?

Also how did you create the image in the first place - xbian installer, win32diskimager or dd.

This is NOT a KNOWN problem, so I can only assume it is something to do with your setup.

Can you install directly onto the SD card and try again.

RE: Problems saving - beemertwins - 5th Oct, 2013 07:00 AM

Shutdown was from the command on Xbmc itself not straight power off. I used windisk32 to copy image to sd. And using raspbmc install to enable install on USB. I've re installed it on sd card and it's fine now. Only problem I'm having is with a stream that works fine on my iPad but not in the r-pi

RE: Problems saving - IriDium - 6th Oct, 2013 02:28 AM

So you are telling me that you created a SD image of Xbian and then used Raspbmc to install Xbian onto a USB drive and you wonder why it DOESN'T work properly? I'm surprised it even worked.

Error code: Id Ten T springs to mind. Undecided

If you want to install Xbian onto a USB drive, browse the forum, there is a major thread there all about it and how to do it. In Beta 1.2 it's a standard feature in xbian-config.

RE: Problems saving - rikardo1979 - 6th Oct, 2013 05:31 AM

all this seems to be a bit "messy" here as thats not a good idea to mix parts of two different distros or even just installers ???
This is a really confusing for all here so if you really looking for help than you should start to do the things the right way and as it should cos otherwise I'm afraid the help would be easy or even possible