Forum
Is there any skin with very simple UI? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+---- Forum: Skins (/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: Is there any skin with very simple UI? (/thread-1473.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - syco - 11th Oct, 2014 08:22 PM

(11th Oct, 2014 03:20 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  Did you use xbian-config or overclock manually?

What is your power supply rating? Are you running anything off USB?

Yeah, I am always using Putty to go
into that blue menu. I guess, this is
the XBian-Config.

I do not use USB TV charging, but a wall
plug with 1500 mA. Something like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61pAFl-Q1PL._SL1500_.jpg

... and I do not have anything else at the
USB ports. A, well, yes, I do. I have this
thing hanging there:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mini-PC-Fernbedienung-Maus-Remote-USB-Infrarot-fuer-MCE-XBMC-Raspberry-PI-Windows-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/a4kAAOSw-nZTrBqI/$_12.JPG

But I do not think, it takes a lot of energy.

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - rsrekha121 - 23rd Jun, 2018 04:29 PM

If you are using Kodi on a touchscreen device then Omni or Eminence Skins for faster and smoother experience. Though, there are lots of choices available according to your need. I found this removed post on Best Kodi Skins and it's really awesome for Android, Firestick & Windows Kodi users. So, check that post for more popular Kodi skins...

Cheers!

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - hulak - 9th Oct, 2018 08:45 PM

If you are using Kodi and you are looking for perfect skin to watch movies then i strongly recommend you to get the skin of OneBox HD App(*spam removed*). It's the best compatible movies app for Kodi and your query.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - meda20 - 5th Dec, 2022 08:13 PM

Hello and sorry for my bad English.
I installed the latest version of XBian "for all raspberry".
For good reason on the RPi ZERO.
I use UPnP after the initial setup to stream video and audio (addons for music and video in Kodi will not be installed). The files are on an automounted USB drive.
For easy running of the system and Kodi, I am looking for the lightest skin - for Kodi 19 Matrix (many of them ended with Kodi 18).
Is the XBian association considering a very-very light (naked) skin for this version, also for the RPi ZERO?
Do you know of any that would suit?

Thanks for the thought!

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - Nachteule - 5th Dec, 2022 10:41 PM

(5th Dec, 2022 08:13 PM)meda20 Wrote:  Is the XBian association considering a very-very light (naked) skin for this version, also for the RPi ZERO?
Do you know of any that would suit?

Thanks for the thought!

I don't even want to ask you why you are using a Pi Zero. Kodi is getting more and more hardware demanding with each version, and Kodi on a Zero is really no fun anymore.

But back to your question, it would be better placed in the official Kodi forum, because this has nothing to do with XBian.

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - meda20 - 5th Dec, 2022 11:29 PM

So, according to the advice, I placed the question on the Kodi forum. Best regard, meda20
. . .
But I will answer why I chose RPi ZERO.

The only service is to send UPnP from a connected USB drive, without additional requirements on the interface, with a small power consumption of up to 2W (certainly less) for 24/7.

If I own ZERO, it's a shame not to use it.

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - Nachteule - 5th Dec, 2022 11:37 PM

(5th Dec, 2022 11:29 PM)meda20 Wrote:  The only service is to send UPnP from a connected USB drive, without additional requirements on the interface, with a small power consumption of up to 2W (certainly less) for 24/7.

If I own ZERO, it's a shame not to use it.

Of course, but then I ask myself why you would want another small skin if the Pi Zero is not used for interactive use anyway.
But that is of course your decision alone

RE: Is there any skin with very simple UI? - meda20 - 11th Dec, 2022 01:33 AM

You are right, no other light skin has brought better function and lightening the system running.

The single-core Zero excludes some possibilities.

I got some ideas from kodi.tv, but after the evaluation I went back to Estuary.
Happy New Year and continued successful XBian development.