Forum
Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files (/thread-1486.html)

Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - rizzyc - 9th Oct, 2013 01:47 AM

I have setup my Raspberry Pi, and I'm planning on using it as an always on torrentbox / occasional media player/server.

I was able to successfully install transmission and download a torrent, I used an android app also which worked very well!

After I finished downloading the torrent, I tried to make XBMC detect the folder which is in /mnt/usbdrive/completed but it shows nothing. I used putty to see if the torrent did complete and it was there, and when I did an ls command it showed me the proper folder.

I'm very new to Linux/RaspberryPi and Transmission, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also don't know how to choose a different folder like Movies/TV shows instead of the completed folder, but not sure how to choose different folders in transmission.

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - brantje - 9th Oct, 2013 09:50 AM

Did you rescan the medialibrary?

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - rizzyc - 9th Oct, 2013 12:11 PM

(9th Oct, 2013 09:50 AM)brantje Wrote:  Did you rescan the medialibrary?

I have tried to scan the library but it seems more like a permission issue because the folder itself is not visible in the completed folder. From the XBMC file browser I should be able to navigate to the folder even if the media isn't scraping.

I just tried to see if I could see the folder in the file browser from within XBMC settings menu. It shows the the mat folder has 2.36 GB of data but when I open the folder completed it says path not found or invalid

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - brantje - 9th Oct, 2013 10:20 PM

What are the permissions of the folder?

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - rizzyc - 9th Oct, 2013 11:12 PM

I'm not sure what the permissions are actually? I thought I chmod'ed the entire usbdrive folder but probably didn't do it right.

If I want to give permissions to /mnt/usbdrive/ and everything in it to the user xbian, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - rizzyc - 11th Oct, 2013 01:29 AM

I was able to resolve the issue using the sudo CHMOD -R 777 command on all folders on my external hard drive!

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - brantje - 11th Oct, 2013 07:22 PM

Sorry for late response
ls -al /home/xbian/
will show the permissions of files in /home/xbian/

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - mk01 - 12th Oct, 2013 02:41 AM

(11th Oct, 2013 01:29 AM)rizzyc Wrote:  I was able to resolve the issue using the sudo CHMOD -R 777 command on all folders on my external hard drive!

this might be only temporary solution. depending what user transmission is running under etc.
what filesystem is your ext drive ?

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - rizzyc - 15th Oct, 2013 07:43 AM

My Hard drive is formatted as ext4. I belive this is the linux default. My transmission seems to be running well now. The permissions seem to stay after rebooting the system.

My only problem is that I have both movies and tv shows transferring to the completed folder, but I want to XBMC to recognize them, but my directory structure is not set up that way because I want to continue seeding them, I don't see any way to download a tv show to a TV show folder in Transmission.
For now i can live with it because it is so easy, just doesn't look as pretty as it should because I can't scrape the TV shows data.

RE: Transmission: XBMC does not see downloaded Folder/files - mk01 - 15th Oct, 2013 08:21 AM

I know what you mean.

There is a way. Create structure and don't copy the media files, but create hard links into them. Sym links (ln -s) are not enough as XBMC is not considering them, but will scrap hard links as they reports as files (size etc). But costs you no space because still it is just link and you still can have the file in Complete folder to allow seed back.