Forum
Fast Forward - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Fast Forward (/thread-1532.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fast Forward - kriticar - 23rd Oct, 2013 09:23 PM

Hi,

Maybe I am doing something wrong.
When I am watching a movie, if I press an OK button, menu will show.
If I then press fast forward (>>) or backward (<<) button, I can see that speed is changing (2, 4, 16, 32… or something like that), but picture is at the same speed.
The only change I have noticed is that sound is turned off while FF is on.

Has someone experienced the same problem?

Regards.

RE: Fast Forward - IriDium - 24th Oct, 2013 04:53 AM

Aaahh come on... You've posted before and you must know the drill. Just in case - "Please read before you post" - a link is in my signature.

What version of Xbian?
What remote (I assume it is a IR remote?) Have you searched the forum for this remote?
Normally << and >> skip 10 min or KBoard up/down = 10min whereas left/right = 30 sec.
Have you checked xbmc.log?
What about dmesg?

Here on planet Xbian we have ESP on "Round World" it doesn't work Huh

RE: Fast Forward - rikardo1979 - 25th Oct, 2013 12:47 AM

this was always an issue on XBMC builds for RPi and I think only the latest supports it but not sure. Everyone is using the step jumps mentioned above by @IriDium or the time jump

RE: Fast Forward - freem@n - 25th Oct, 2013 05:59 AM

Not sure if this is possible and not too hard to make but I would love to see the fast forward and rewind feature in XBian. I know it is working in OE..but I really have no idea how they got it working.

RE: Fast Forward - rikardo1979 - 25th Oct, 2013 06:23 AM

(25th Oct, 2013 05:59 AM)freem@n Wrote:  Not sure if this is possible and not too hard to make but I would love to see the fast forward and rewind feature in XBian. I know it is working in OE..but I really have no idea how they got it working.

OK, as @IriDium asked before, please perovide more details about your system. Link is in our signature how to post and what to post. the most important would be XBian and XBMC versions

RE: Fast Forward - freem@n - 25th Oct, 2013 06:37 AM

@rikardo1979: do you mean it should normally work out of the box in XBian? I don't really get why I should provide details about my setup when there is no FF/rewind support included in XBian in general at the moment...

RE: Fast Forward - rikardo1979 - 25th Oct, 2013 06:42 AM

(25th Oct, 2013 06:37 AM)freem@n Wrote:  @rikardo1979: do you mean it should normally work out of the box in XBian? I don't really get why I should provide details about my setup when there is no FF/rewind support included in XBian in general at the moment...

the reason why to always provide as much details as possible is cos the version may differ.So like you have some feature what is in XBian Beta 1.1 or Beta 2 but it wasnt on Alpha 5, same apply for XBMC version, some feature may be in 12.2 but not in 12.0 or some is only in latest nightly Gotham, etc, etc...
We would not ask for something what would not be neccessary or not important Wink

RE: Fast Forward - freem@n - 25th Oct, 2013 06:46 AM

Okay, I understand. Thank you for clearing this up Smile
Running XBian Beta 1.1 (i assume this is XBMC 12.2) with a IR Receiver connected to the GPIO Port of the rPi which works great btw Smile I'm using the One for All URC7962 remote with a custom keymap.

Maybe I should try Beta 2 as I'm very excited for possible improvements.

RE: Fast Forward - rikardo1979 - 25th Oct, 2013 06:59 AM

(25th Oct, 2013 06:46 AM)freem@n Wrote:  Okay, I understand. Thank you for clearing this up Smile
Running XBian Beta 1.1 (i assume this is XBMC 12.2) with a IR Receiver connected to the GPIO Port of the rPi which works great btw Smile I'm using the One for All URC7962 remote with a custom keymap.

Maybe I should try Beta 2 as I'm very excited for possible improvements.

if you feel up to task than definitelly try Beta 2. But be aware that this is a testing stage build so you need to expect a "things" and you need to be ready to deal with. But guys would be more than happy to have more testers who can report, and work together to get it released Wink

also I have found you this quick info http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Raspberry_Pi/FAQ and read the 2.4 Raspberry Pi known issues section over there Wink
Hope this helps a bit
Cool

AW: RE: Fast Forward - freem@n - 25th Oct, 2013 07:10 AM

Thanks for your help again.
XBMC FAQ Wrote:Fast Forward/Rewind […] This is now working in nightly builds for the future XBMC v13, and latest Raspbmbc and OpenELEC Frodo builds.
So hopefully we will see this in XBian in the future as well. Don't know if there is any exchange of knowledge going on between developers of Raspbmc and XBian....

I will try the Beta 2 later this week for sure if I can do the developers a favor Smile

RE: Fast Forward - kriticar - 29th Oct, 2013 05:29 PM

(24th Oct, 2013 04:53 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Aaahh come on... You've posted before and you must know the drill. Just in case - "Please read before you post" - a link is in my signature.

What version of Xbian?
What remote (I assume it is a IR remote?) Have you searched the forum for this remote?
Normally << and >> skip 10 min or KBoard up/down = 10min whereas left/right = 30 sec.
What about dmesg?

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough.
While in full screen video view, when I press OK button, menu will show up with cursor on the play button. Now I can use my remote's right arrow key to reach fast forward button.
When I am above menu FF button I pressed OK (select) on remote.
I would expect that FF will make video go faster, but the only change is no sound and the picture in upper right corner that shows FF speed.
With every press of OK button, FF speed is changed by 2, but video is at the same speed, and sound is muted until I am at default speed again, when everything works well again.

So I am not talking about remote as such because it works as it should (up, down, left, right arrows and back button can be used for 10 min, 30 sec and 7 sec).

The question here is why menu FF and FB don't work?

Regards.

RE: Fast Forward - rikardo1979 - 29th Oct, 2013 06:12 PM

(29th Oct, 2013 05:29 PM)kriticar Wrote:  
(24th Oct, 2013 04:53 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Aaahh come on... You've posted before and you must know the drill. Just in case - "Please read before you post" - a link is in my signature.

What version of Xbian?
What about dmesg?

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough.
While in full screen video view, when I press OK button, menu will show up with cursor on the play button. Now I can use my remote's right arrow key to reach fast forward button.
When I am above menu FF button I pressed OK (select) on remote.
I would expect that FF will make video go faster, but the only change is no sound and the picture in upper right corner that shows FF speed.
With every press of OK button, FF speed is changed by 2, but video is at the same speed, and sound is muted until I am at default speed again, when everything works well again.

So I am not talking about remote as such because it works as it should (up, down, left, right arrows and back button can be used for 10 min, 30 sec and 7 sec).

The question here is why menu FF and FB don't work?

Regards.

I have answered your question, please read my posts #3 and #9, and also you still havent posted the details about your system! and I have explained the reason why we asking all the details in post #7
-thx-

RE: Fast Forward - IriDium - 30th Oct, 2013 03:29 AM

You are the one asking for help - If you don't provide the required information, then why should we help you? It's not rocket science.

Follow the rules of the forum, they are there for a reason, if not them accept the consequences, which will occur ,if you continue your non abeyance.

RE: Fast Forward - kriticar - 31st Oct, 2013 02:54 AM

(30th Oct, 2013 03:29 AM)IriDium Wrote:  You are the one asking for help - If you don't provide the required information, then why should we help you? It's not rocket science.

Follow the rules of the forum, they are there for a reason, if not them accept the consequences, which will occur ,if you continue your non abeyance.

Hi,

When you said: "post your system details", what it means?
I am on 1.0 beta 1, using samba, transmission-daemon, external ext4 hdd.
Is that enough or...?

Regards.

RE: Fast Forward - rikardo1979 - 31st Oct, 2013 04:05 AM

(31st Oct, 2013 02:54 AM)kriticar Wrote:  
(30th Oct, 2013 03:29 AM)IriDium Wrote:  You are the one asking for help - If you don't provide the required information, then why should we help you? It's not rocket science.

Hi,

When you said: "post your system details", what it means?
I am on 1.0 beta 1, using samba, transmission-daemon, external ext4 hdd.
Is that enough or...?

Regards.

Wink
but when you check mine or his signature or check the forum stickies, you would find the guide how to post and what to post to get the best results Wink
just in case-
Please read rules and do a search before you post! . FAQs . How to post log file? . Looking for answers? Please start here