Forum
[PROBLEM] constant POLL cec messages - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] constant POLL cec messages (/thread-155.html)

constant POLL cec messages - namtih - 31st Dec, 2012 01:11 AM

While trying to map some new buttons on my remote, I also saw the following message in the debug log:
Code:
14:53:54 T:2963207232   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - command 'POLL' was not acked by the controller
14:53:54 T:2963207232   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> POLL not sent
14:53:55 T:2963207232   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): POLL
14:53:55 T:2963207232   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - << 10

This message is written every second while I'm in the XBMC menus. While playing a file it stops.
I this critical or a normal behavior of CEC?

RE: constant POLL cec messages - BartOtten - 31st Dec, 2012 04:40 PM

Please unplug the powercable from your TV, and insert it back after one minute. Should work.

RE: constant POLL cec messages - helicobacter - 8th Jan, 2013 11:22 PM

(31st Dec, 2012 04:40 PM)BartOtten Wrote:  Please unplug the powercable from your TV, and insert it back after one minute. Should work.

Hello

I have a similar problem .... I did as you told - remove powercable for some time and it worked but i have to do it all the time .....
I found out that removing my rca cable (video ) from my TV for about 20 seconds while launching some media files on raspberry is helping but that's weird.
I cannot use hdmi because my tv doesn't have it. Maybe there is something i can do to disable "cec" or "hdmi" - maybe that's a problem...

I used usb mouse, usb keyboard, iphne constallation to control raspberry pi and it is all the same.....

My XBMC log keeps saying :

DEBUG: CecLogMessage - << Recorder 1 (1) -> TV (0): POLL

and so on...

Thanks in advance for your help . I'm really frustrated right now.
Tom

RE: constant POLL cec messages - Koenkk - 9th Jan, 2013 12:38 AM

NOTE: CEC is known to be spamming a lot to the xbmc.log (I hope this will be removed in the final version of libcec)

RE: constant POLL cec messages - helicobacter - 9th Jan, 2013 04:05 AM

(9th Jan, 2013 12:38 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  NOTE: CEC is known to be spamming a lot to the xbmc.log (I hope this will be removed in the final version of libcec)

I don't care if it is spamming - i would like to play my videos without need to remove rca video.... Sad

Re: RE: constant POLL cec messages - rikardo1979 - 10th Jan, 2013 05:47 AM

(9th Jan, 2013 04:05 AM)helicobacter Wrote:  
(9th Jan, 2013 12:38 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  NOTE: CEC is known to be spamming a lot to the xbmc.log (I hope this will be removed in the final version of libcec)

I don't care if it is spamming - i would like to play my videos without need to remove rca video.... Sad

you can easily disable CEC if you go to
System>Settings>System>Input Devices>Peripherals>Raspberry Pi CEC Adapter and deselect Enabled
done, your CEC should be disabled

RE: constant POLL cec messages - helicobacter - 10th Jan, 2013 05:20 PM

Hi,

Well i did that and still got the error .... Sad maybe there is something else. Maybe there is something with the hdmi. I am using rca only ( my tv doesn't have hdmi ) so is there any chance that i could disable hdmi and force to use only rca ?

Re: constant POLL cec messages - rikardo1979 - 10th Jan, 2013 05:32 PM

try to add these line to your /boot/config.txt

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1