Forum
[SOLVED] CEC issue "configuration updated" - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] CEC issue "configuration updated" (/thread-170.html)

CEC issue "configuration updated" - Mister Fab - 3rd Jan, 2013 02:55 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem using cec between my Yamaha rx-v473 A/V amp and xbian.

I still use alpha3.

The problem is that cec doesn't always reconnect to the amp.

At first install, it worked at fists boot, popup saying "cec connected to RX-V473"

Then it worked, and a couple of reboot later, the popup at xbian startup shown a message "cec pulse eight, configuration updated", and no control works anymore with my remote.

Even if I reboot the system, I get the same message "cec pulse eight, configuration updated".
So I tried to deconnect the HDMI and to connect it directly on my TV, and after rebooting xbian, the CEC connects correctly to the LG tv.

Then if I reconnect the HDMI to the Yamaha AV system and restart the Pi, the cec reconnects correctly "cec connected to RX-V473". And next reboot, I loose the connection again.

Is there a way to force the connection with the my AV system without rebooting all the time?

RE: CEC issue "configuration updated" - rikardo1979 - 3rd Jan, 2013 06:01 AM

try the following

Connect over SSH and type
Terminal
cec-config

Than on each question type those inputs

Terminal
Do you want to let libCEC try to autodetect the address (y/n)?

y

Press 2 if it's connected to an AVR, followed by <enter>. Anything else will cancel this wizard.

Enter the HDMI port number to which you connected your CEC adapter, followed by <enter>. Valid ports are in the range 1-15. Anything else will cancel this wizard.

please post back if it makes any difference

RE: CEC issue "configuration updated" - ambro72 - 25th Jan, 2013 07:55 AM

I have a similar problem.
My xbian (alpha 5) is connected to a Samsung TV.
Never issue related to CEC. I got the message "cec connected to TV"
All worked fine before 3 days ago.

Now I get the message "cec pulse eight, configuration updated" and nothing works on my remote control.
I tried to reset tv configs, and check that CEC is enabled on my tv and on my xbian-config. All seems ok.

I tried
Terminal
# cec-config
=== USB-CEC Adapter Configuration ===

opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
ERROR: unhandled response received: opcode=8f initiator=1 destination=0 response=0
ERROR: unhandled response received: opcode=8f initiator=1 destination=0 response=0
CEC Parser created - libCEC version 2.0.5
Sending 'power on' command to the TV
=== Please wait ===
Failed to power on the TV, or the TV does not respond properly
something seems wrong Huh
Thanks.

RE: CEC issue "configuration updated" - ambro72 - 27th Jan, 2013 05:41 AM

Update:
I have changed hdmi cable and all works fine!!!
... all the time I spent to solve this problem.... my God!

Re: RE: CEC issue "configuration updated" - rikardo1979 - 27th Jan, 2013 05:53 AM

(27th Jan, 2013 05:41 AM)ambro72 Wrote:  Update:

thank you for your share this info with us, it may help some more users Wink

RE: CEC issue "configuration updated" - afarnedi - 4th Feb, 2013 10:35 PM

(27th Jan, 2013 05:41 AM)ambro72 Wrote:  Update:

hi, I'm right in your same previuos situation with the looong error message; so you told us you solved with a different cable; could you please if you bought a particular one or just a standard hdmi cable?

(3rd Jan, 2013 06:01 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  try the following

Connect over SSH and type
Terminal
cec-config

Than on each question type those inputs

Terminal
Do you want to let libCEC try to autodetect the address (y/n)?

y

Press 2 if it's connected to an AVR, followed by <enter>. Anything else will cancel this wizard.

Enter the HDMI port number to which you connected your CEC adapter, followed by <enter>. Valid ports are in the range 1-15. Anything else will cancel this wizard.

please post back if it makes any difference

Hi rikardo,
assuming I'll solve my connection issue with a new cable, when entering the cec-config which port am I suppose to enter in this step "Enter the HDMI port number to which you connected your CEC adapter, followed by <enter>. Valid ports are in the range 1-15" if my Raspy is connected to a AVR? the number of the hdmi port in the back of my Denon? for example the DVR port that is HDMI 2(I think...)?

Re: CEC issue "configuration updated" - rikardo1979 - 4th Feb, 2013 10:49 PM

no, as I mentioned in that step you need to enter "5" what defines that you are connected to AVR and not TV