Forum
Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) (/thread-1718.html)

Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - mk01 - 31st Oct, 2013 10:12 PM

I created 1.2hotfix for Beta1.1 XBian installations which will fix the initscripts mountall problem. also ssh is starting correctly.

Prerequisite is xbian-update1.0-1.1 installed.

This 1.2 hotfix can be installed anytime (before the debians update, after, even after initscripts update will fail and upgrade process interrupted. If the last is the case, after install 1.2 hotfix just continue with upgrade "apt-get upgrade").

at this time xbian-update 1.2 is part of standard updates thus available via apt-get from XBian repo.

installation
Code:
apt-get update; apt-get install xbian-update=1.0-1.2
or via xbian-config.

(it also solves the dbus / avahi-daemon)

UPDATE WILL NOT RESTART YOUR RPI. it will just exit back to command prompt. reboot please manually.

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - hawe - 4th Nov, 2013 02:56 AM

(31st Oct, 2013 10:12 PM)mk01 Wrote:  I created 1.2hotfix for Beta1.1 XBian installations which will fix the initscripts mountall problem. also ssh is starting correctly.

Thanks for work, but still I have trouble.

Installing fresh beta 1.1 Image on a 16 GB SD Card. Running first and do the most setups. Then running hotfix 2 and doing the reboot. After that I do apt-get update and upgrade.

RPi is connected via HDMI to a Panasonic TV. Using the TV Remote to do settings on TC Screen, XBMC is hanging. RPi is loosing Network, LEDs going off. It seems RPis XBMC is loosing it configuration, all country specific settings are gone.

cu
hawe

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - mk01 - 4th Nov, 2013 10:05 AM

@hawe I'm 100% sure this is only coincidence as xbian hot fix 1.2 is just removing max 5 old initscripts doing already nothing, but causing some new dependencies fail.

Is still /etc/fstab containing correct record for mounting /home? so /home with mounting btrfs with params subvol=home/@,…. ?

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - Baz8755 - 5th Nov, 2013 07:00 AM

(31st Oct, 2013 10:12 PM)mk01 Wrote:  I created 1.2hotfix for Beta1.1 XBian installations which will fix the initscripts mountall problem. also ssh is starting correctly.

Prerequisite is xbian-update1.0-1.1 installed.

This 1.2 hotfix can be installed anytime (before the debians update, after, even after initscripts update will fail and upgrade process interrupted. If the last is the case, after install 1.2 hotfix just continue with upgrade "apt-get upgrade").

availability is there: http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb
installation
Code:
sudo -i; cd /tmp; wget http://xbian.brantje.com/devel/others/xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb; dpkg -i xbian-update1.0-1.2.deb

I would like to push it to official repo, then the installation would be easier - through apt-get with other regular updates. If I get confirmed it solves the two issues, will post it to public APT.

(it also solves the dbus / avahi-daemon)

UPDATE WILL NOT RESTART YOUR RPI. it will just exit back to command prompt. reboot please manually.

Fixed my issue, thanks

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - hawe - 6th Nov, 2013 02:52 AM

(4th Nov, 2013 10:05 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @hawe I'm 100% sure this is only coincidence as xbian hot fix 1.2 is just removing max 5 old initscripts doing already nothing, but causing some new dependencies fail.

Is still /etc/fstab containing correct record for mounting /home? so /home with mounting btrfs with params subvol=home/@,…. ?

Thanks for answer. Doing new installation, same situation. xbian/system/settings seems to be gone.

fstab is same as before

Code:
#
#
#
LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs  /       btrfs   subvol=root/@,thread_pool=1,rw,compress=lzo,noatime,autodefrag  0       0
LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs  /home   btrfs   subvol=home/@,thread_pool=1,rw,compress=lzo,noatime,autodefrag  0       0
UUID=8B12-9112  /boot   vfat    defaults        0       0

Any ideas?

cu
hawe

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - mk01 - 6th Nov, 2013 02:08 PM

(6th Nov, 2013 02:52 AM)hawe Wrote:  Any ideas?

cu
hawe

so when you are logging in into RPI via ssh you get error xbian home dir is missions? if you:

Code:
cd /
sudo -i
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=home/@ /dev/mmcblk0p2 /home

do you get it back ? or error ?

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - hawe - 7th Nov, 2013 05:27 AM

so when you are logging in into RPI via ssh you get error xbian home dir is missions? if you:

Code:
cd /
sudo -i
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=home/@ /dev/mmcblk0p2 /home

do you get it back ? or error ?
[/quote]
Thanks for aid. Doing some more installations and test, I think I figured out the problems.
- using xbian-config via ssh crashed the locales.
- there was something wrong with the pi. My little pi model B with 256MB did not loos the Network link, but my big Pi model B with 512MB looses the network link very often. :-(

greetings
hawe

Re: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - f1vefour - 11th Nov, 2013 12:44 PM

hawe Wrote:- there was something wrong with the pi. My little pi model B with 256MB did not loos the Network link, but my big Pi model B with 512MB looses the network link very often. :-(

greetings
hawe

This sounds like a potential power supply issue, what is the amp rating of your supply?

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - hawe - 14th Nov, 2013 06:03 AM

(11th Nov, 2013 12:44 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  This sounds like a potential power supply issue, what is the amp rating of your supply?

Its 5V= 1200mA.

cu
hawe

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - dcallebaut - 27th Nov, 2013 06:30 PM

Hi - none of the above fixes work for me. this because none of the links still work. Even though:

Quote:at this time xbian-update 1.2 is part of standard updates thus available via apt-get from XBian repo.

I did several times an update/upgrade but nothing changes. SSH still won't autostart.

Any clues on how to fix this?

What I did:
  • performed from v1.1 and apt-get update -> then apt-get upgrade
  • got the "allmount" issue
  • Removed the init.d scripts as indicated in another post
  • Re-done the update/ugrade -> success
Ever since no luck in getting the ssh to start. this is particularly annoying since I'm using Xbian with a touchscreen without kayboard/mouse. So I have no easy means of dropping into the shell and start typing Blush

Any help is much appreciated!

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - mk01 - 2nd Dec, 2013 03:49 PM

@dcallebaut

are you 100% positive you have got the 1.2 update? packages caused for instance this allmount issue, shutdown freeze and other were installed to your system from upstream repositories.

of course nothing goes full 100% so could be that 1.2 update won't fix this specially for you, but you would be first (what a pity) Big Grin

check please with "dpkg-query -W xbian-update" if version reported is 1.0-1.2.

RE: Beta1 hotfix 1.2 (solving ssh start issue and initscripts package update problem) - dcallebaut - 3rd Dec, 2013 07:58 AM

(2nd Dec, 2013 03:49 PM)mk01 Wrote:  check please with "dpkg-query -W xbian-update" if version reported is 1.0-1.2.

Here's the output:
Code:
xbian-update    1.0-1.2

I've applied the correct link as you suggested in another post and it fixed the issue. So many thanks for pointing me to the correct link.