Forum
Library update via telnet & profiles - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Library update via telnet & profiles (/thread-1728.html)

Library update via telnet & profiles - rathmannm - 5th Nov, 2013 05:12 PM

Hi,

I have searched through the forum but was unable to find an answer to my problem:

I am running XBMC with XBIAN on my Raspberry and it's working perfectly. I have three
profiles setup - one for each family member. I also installed an add-on which logs out
of XBMC after x minutes of inactivity - basically to stop my 8 year old watching "Dawn of the Dead" Smile

Would it be possible to refresh the library via telnet for a specific profile and also keeping in mind I am logged out of the actual XBMC session on the PI? I haven't seen this anywhere...

Thanks for your help,
Manuel

Library update via telnet & profiles - mk01 - 5th Nov, 2013 08:41 PM

no. xbmc profile design means separation on highest level possible (before even skin starts to load). there no python subsystem initialized, no API provider started.

RE: Library update via telnet & profiles - rathmannm - 6th Nov, 2013 04:36 AM

Thanks for your fast reply - I have played around with SQL before but found it a right pain to manage and it doesn't work well with profiles. I take it this rules out VNC as well...

RE: Library update via telnet & profiles - mk01 - 6th Nov, 2013 02:01 PM

No. VNC (XBian package) is not this way related to XBMC. There is no direct relation.

(open XBMC, VNC, remote console and stop XBMC - you get FB shell via VNC Smile )