Forum
[IDEA] Speedfan - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [IDEA] Speedfan (/thread-1731.html)

Speedfan - IriDium - 6th Nov, 2013 03:48 AM

As a Addon already exists for Speedfan, I have looked into it, and by all reasoning, all it does is read a log file to display the information. (Albeit Windoze)

So if that information can be collated into the required format, from the RPi - the plugin should be able to display it!

I've got no further, but I think it could be a useful addition to Xbian - a plugin that can display the CPU, Memory, Disk usage etc without the problem of displaying RT CPU.

So all Wink that is needed is a program to write a file containing the information that the plugin requires, and it should Huh work.

My only concern is that the Plugin might require the log file to be in Windoze format so /home may not work.

Would this be a worth while addition that people might use?

Is it possible?

Is it worthwhile?

Is it of any use?

I know that the CPU can be displayed correctly in XBMC as the xbian-confluence skin displayed it correctly.

I would like a monitor program similar to nmon within XBMC

Could it be done?

What do I know, I only heard Camels for a living Cool

RE: Speedfan - IriDium - 6th Nov, 2013 09:54 PM

Ok, I can get it work, without any adjustment of the Addon.

However, it only allows for temperature, fan speed and voltages.

As the last two are of no use, it's only the temperatue - and that's available via System Information.

The python script could be modified but......

[attachment=244]

RE: Speedfan - rikardo1979 - 6th Nov, 2013 10:22 PM

isnt this any better?http://forum.xbian.org/thread-360.html
Its a moded skin which can display such information on the homescreen

RE: Speedfan - IriDium - 7th Nov, 2013 02:46 AM

I do it not because there are other-ways, but because I want to - it's fun.

If a caveman had looked up into the sky and saw the Moon and said, ah fuck it, lets scratch my balls it's much more fun - we would still be in a cave and without internet.

So never to give up I looked at RPi-Monitor it looks good and is quite interesting. I have the install instructions if anyone is interested.

Only thing I noted was the temperature was not displayed.

RE: Speedfan - theimmortal - 10th Nov, 2013 12:56 AM

The website said rpi monitor displays cpu temp. Is it a problem getting the data into xbmc?

RE: Speedfan - IriDium - 10th Nov, 2013 05:14 AM

(10th Nov, 2013 12:56 AM)theimmortal Wrote:  The website said rpi monitor displays cpu temp. Is it a problem getting the data into xbmc?

Looks like it's a simple fix to the conf file.

I think (I haven't tested it yet) RPI-Monitor uses /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp to get the temperature whereas we use /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp (as do most others) _ I've made a comment on the developers website, so it may get changed.

If you want to use RPi-Monitor on Xbian I think you just have to change that string in the conf file.

Re: RE: Speedfan - f1vefour - 11th Nov, 2013 12:03 PM

(10th Nov, 2013 05:14 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(10th Nov, 2013 12:56 AM)theimmortal Wrote:  The website said rpi monitor displays cpu temp. Is it a problem getting the data into xbmc?

Looks like it's a simple fix to the conf file.

I think (I haven't tested it yet) RPI-Monitor uses /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp to get the temperature whereas we use /opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp (as do most others) _ I've made a comment on the developers website, so it may get changed.

If you want to use RPi-Monitor on Xbian I think you just have to change that string in the conf file.

The fix is even more simple:

Terminal

sudo modprobe bcm2835-thermal