Forum
[PROBLEM] Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Installer stuck on "Connecting.." (/thread-1735.html)

Pages: 1 2

Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - Kaaj - 7th Nov, 2013 09:09 PM

Hi all, I'm new to xbian, and I'd like to give it a try. But unfortunatly, I'm already stuck, maybe you guys can help out Smile

I tried to use the installer , but it's just stuck on "Connecting.." and doesn't do anything after that (waited for an hour)

So what is it connecting to? so I can check if there is a connection problem.

Also tried to get a manual install going in the meantime, but can't find any manuals on how to install with the manual files. any tips?

(7th Nov, 2013 09:09 PM)Kaaj Wrote:  Also tried to get a manual install going in the meantime, but can't find any manuals on how to install with the manual files. any tips?

Nevermind on this part: win 32 disk imager is an easy tool to get this part done.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - vbevan - 7th Nov, 2013 10:19 PM

I'm having the same issue. Hopefully they fix this, girlfriend is a programmer so I've stuck her with the task of solving a manual install. But keep at it, this is a great distro once the installer is back up.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - IriDium - 8th Nov, 2013 01:24 AM

Download the image from the website - and use Win32diskimager to write to the SD card.

No idea why the installer isn't working - it used to work!

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - rikardo1979 - 8th Nov, 2013 04:58 AM

the installer should work, maybe there was an problem with servers.any chance you guys try once again and report?
-thx-

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - IriDium - 8th Nov, 2013 05:12 AM

It failed for me as well - I couldn't see any traffic going out of the firewall. Do you know where it was trying to connect to? All the Xbian websites were fully functional.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - RogerMort - 8th Nov, 2013 08:38 PM

Me too! On a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 trying to install to a brand new SanDisk Ultra class 10 16GB card.

Actually, I'm glad it's not just me. I was beginning to feel that I must be doing something wrong.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - rikardo1979 - 9th Nov, 2013 05:33 AM

just a little update here guys. @Koen found the problem and he is on it. But he is a little busy as most of you reallised, and thats cos of his busy school time. So for now we do not have ETA for this, but the issue is because the sourceforge.net did some changes, so means that the installers needs an updates.
So lets wait for guys and hope it will not take long Wink

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - IriDium - 9th Nov, 2013 05:41 AM

Thanks for the update.

Would it be possible to release the location of the source code? Maybe one of our users has the skill required to modify it? Or is it TOP SECRET Big Grin

Also why are we using sourceforge instead of our "own" sudo-servers? Surely if we have the bandwidth, it would be better to keep it "local" so these problems will only occur within Xbian!

Just a thought. As you know, I only herd camels for a living!!

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - liveo - 10th Nov, 2013 12:06 PM

Still no update on when we can expect to installer to be working?

I'm in a little bit of a pickle and can't get xbian to install proper on mac, so i need the installer.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - Umtauscher - 10th Nov, 2013 10:26 PM

Hi everyone,

as you might realize, I am new to XBIAN. I tested XBIAN yesterday and I think you have a great package here. Unfortunately I struggled with you dysfunctional installer quite some time, tried it on MacOS and Windows to no avail. I was really frustrated and normally I would have aborted the install after such a bad experience.

Afterwards I saw this post and realized, that you are aware of this malfunction for several days now. My question is: Why can't you at least put a defect warning on the download page of the installer so people are not getting frustrated before they can even try?

Anyway thanks for your great work and I hope it will get to Gotham soon.
Cheers

Umtauscher

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - Koenkk - 11th Nov, 2013 03:50 AM

Windows installer is working again, others will follow later

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - wind-rider - 11th Nov, 2013 03:57 AM

the windows installer doesn't work because it misses some dlls (it couldn't load the windows platform plugin, and I think you have to supply qwindows.dll and libEGL.dll with it).

See this website: http://falsinsoft.blogspot.nl/2013/09/qt-5-and-failed-to-load-platform-plugin.html

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - liveo - 11th Nov, 2013 09:40 AM

(11th Nov, 2013 03:57 AM)wind-rider Wrote:  the windows installer doesn't work because it misses some dlls (it couldn't load the windows platform plugin, and I think you have to supply qwindows.dll and libEGL.dll with it).

See this website: http://falsinsoft.blogspot.nl/2013/09/qt-5-and-failed-to-load-platform-plugin.html

Qwindows.dll i can't seem to find anywhere libEGL.dll is easy found online, however it doesn't make a difference to keep in in the installer folder.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - Skarre - 11th Nov, 2013 11:32 PM

(11th Nov, 2013 09:40 AM)liveo Wrote:  
(11th Nov, 2013 03:57 AM)wind-rider Wrote:  the windows installer doesn't work because it misses some dlls (it couldn't load the windows platform plugin, and I think you have to supply qwindows.dll and libEGL.dll with it).

Qwindows.dll i can't seem to find anywhere libEGL.dll is easy found online, however it doesn't make a difference to keep in in the installer folder.

Hey, i also have problem with installing Xbian. And the problem seems to be the missing qwindows.dll file.
I totaly new on Xbian nad have used Raspbmc before.

Cant find the file either so im stuck. Let me know if you find it.

Edit: Or i someone is kind enought to share the file.

RE: Installer stuck on "Connecting.." - rikardo1979 - 12th Nov, 2013 05:36 AM

we are working on the fix so please use the following instructions in the meantime
http://www.xbian.org/2013/11/installer-issues/

Thank you