Forum
[SOLVED] Change USBHID as loadable module. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Change USBHID as loadable module. (/thread-1761.html)

Change USBHID as loadable module. - manzaiya - 14th Nov, 2013 12:16 AM

I would love if the kernel provided with Xbian had usbhid as a loadable/unloadable module so I can add my quirk to my specific usb joystick that's not included in the black-list vendor:product list.

Or if someone could add the following line to the black list for me.
./drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c at line #102

{ USB_VENDOR_ID_WISEGROUP, USB_DEVICE_ID_DUAL_USB_JOYPAD, HID_QUIRK_NOGET | HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT }

I would do it myself but I'm not sure how to build the kernel so Xbian will still boot properly. By the way, my product vendor is : 0925:8866 which is extremely similar to other joysticks already added but it's not in there so when usbhid driver does a GET_REQUEST for reports the joystick chokes and doesn't work. Adding this quirk into piMame distribution got it to work. I just need help to get my quirk here too.

Thanks.

RE: CHANGE USBHID AS LOADABLE MODULE - rikardo1979 - 14th Nov, 2013 01:05 AM

moved to appropriate section

RE: CHANGE USBHID AS LOADABLE MODULE - mk01 - 14th Nov, 2013 01:55 AM

(14th Nov, 2013 12:16 AM)manzaiya Wrote:  there so when usbhid driver does a GET_REQUEST for reports the joystick chokes and doesn't work. Adding this quirk into piMame distribution got it to work. I just need help to get my quirk here too.

it was a module before, but with usbhid as module I can't catch attached keyboard soon enough during boot.

but you can use the same parameter at kernel command line, kernel will process it and pass to usbhid linked in kernel.

Code:
usbhid.quirks=0xdead:0xbeef:0x4

RE: CHANGE USBHID AS LOADABLE MODULE - manzaiya - 14th Nov, 2013 02:48 PM

wow, that's a lot easier! Smile Didn't know you could do that. Much easier than waiting for a recompile.

RE: CHANGE USBHID AS LOADABLE MODULE - manzaiya - 21st Nov, 2013 05:28 AM

Thanks again for your help. I have another related question, but am unsure if I should ask here or in another thread?

I've looked around and with the quirk my gamepad joystick works in jstest and in other programs like emulation station. However, I have not determined how to navigate the menu in xbmc using only the joystick. Other's have asked this question, but I didn't see a clear answer: does xbian support joystick navigation or does it need to be compiled in?

I am using XBian_1.0_Beta_1.1.img

Hopefully, it's simply an '--enable joystick' or something similar in the cmdline.txt.

Otherwise, I'll need to figure out how to get a proper mapping with joy2key in relation to the xbmc service. None of the expected mappings worked except for letters 'c' mapped to 'c' but 'Left' didn't map to the 'Left arrow' but spacebar. I got frustrated, only got it to function in terminal, so gave up on that option.

RE: CHANGE USBHID AS LOADABLE MODULE - f1vefour - 26th Nov, 2013 07:38 AM

Please start a new thread for your other question.