Forum
Trouble Playing Videos from a PC SMB share - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Trouble Playing Videos from a PC SMB share (/thread-1790.html)

Trouble Playing Videos from a PC SMB share - takethecake - 21st Nov, 2013 06:34 AM

I'm getting the dreaded "file no longer available" every time I try and play a video on the Pi from my MySQL server on my windows machine. I'm pretty sure I've got my syntax correct as far as using SMB shares, forward slashes/backward slashes, using IP address instead of computer name, etc. I went into the log, and I think my problem is coming from these couple lines:

ERROR: LoadSources Error loading special://masterprofile/sources.xml: Line 38, Error reading end tag.
ERROR: Error: Requested setting (audiooutput.guisoundmode) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

Any clues? Let me know if you guys need any other info

RE: Trouble Playing Videos from a PC SMB share - mk01 - 21st Nov, 2013 02:03 PM

@takethecake

second error (audiooutput.guisoundmode) is common one and can be ignored for now.

but the sources.xml is definitely not correct, like reported by XBMC. anyhow on scraped library link to file is taken from video db and the error should also be logged into xbmc.log after you try playing the file (check / post few last lines of /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log).

RE: Trouble Playing Videos from a PC SMB share - takethecake - 22nd Nov, 2013 08:41 AM

(21st Nov, 2013 02:03 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @takethecake

anyhow on scraped library link to file is taken from video db and the error should also be logged into xbmc.log after you try playing the file (check / post few last lines of /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log).

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, but here is what my sources file looks like on my PC that's acting as my server. When the initial Pi configuration started having this error (the initial install had no sources.xml file), I copied this file into the Pi's /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata folder, but it didn't help (kind of a shot in the dark there...):

<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>

<video>
<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://windowsusername:windowspassword@192.168.1.5/E/TV Shows/</path>
</source>
<source>
<path pathversion="1">smb://windowsusername:windowspassword@192.168.1.5/F/Movies/</path>
<name>Movies</name>
</source>
</video>

<music>
<source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://windowsusername:windowspassword@192.168.1.5/F/Music/</path>
</source>
</music>

<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>

The advancedsettings.xml that I have on both my desktop server, laptop, and now Pi, is:

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
<to>smb://windowsusername:windowspassword@192.168.1.5/xbmc/userdata/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/mediasources.xml</from>
<to>smb://windowsusername:windowspassword@192.168.1.5/xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.5</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.5</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

And just to reiterate, the XBMC installation on my laptop is able to see and play everything from my desktop server without any problems. I feel like this problem is probably something dumb, but I'm just not familiar enough with this stuff to know what to look for. Thanks for the help so far!