Forum
[PROBLEM] HD video - white noice - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] HD video - white noice (/thread-1793.html)

HD video - white noice - aztech - 21st Nov, 2013 08:15 AM

My PI have started to fail at playing MKV's.
Files are mostly 720p HDTV rips, but also 1080p h264 movies are failing.

Problem is that after a couple of minutes of playing, white noice start to appear.
The noice starts low (almost not visible), but after a few more minutes it takes over so that the whole picture gets white and sound dissapear.

I'v tried to fiddle with different OC settings, but no luck. Currently OC is at "none".
Watching SD divx is working just fine btw.

Xbian is the latest from today and the PI is a 128MB from one of the first batches.

This problem first revealed it self for me on beta 1, but a apt-get upgrade solved that. Now I'm on beta 2 and the problem is back. (Upgraded yesterday and did a full apt-get upgrade today).

Anyone have a clue to what might cause this?

RE: HD video - white noice - IriDium - 22nd Nov, 2013 02:51 AM

Sounds possibly like a memory issue.

Can you post - see my signature for details - xbmc.log, output from dmesg and config.txt.

Also if possible and not copyright protected - a sample of a file that is causing problems - to some upload site, so someone could investigate further.

RE: HD video - white noice - aztech - 22nd Nov, 2013 10:46 PM

(22nd Nov, 2013 02:51 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Sounds possibly like a memory issue.

Can you post - see my signature for details - xbmc.log, output from dmesg and config.txt.

Also if possible and not copyright protected - a sample of a file that is causing problems - to some upload site, so someone could investigate further.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I've actually gotten to issues with reproducing the problem.
When it forst started, it came and was there, but now when trying to reproduce when debugging enabeled, it's all random.

One thing from last time is that I upgraded some packages .. various curl and a zswap package.

I'll get back as soon as I can catch it next time.

RE: HD video - white noice - rikardo1979 - 23rd Nov, 2013 09:29 AM

I would like to see what may cause this issue. To me it looks more like an hardware issue than software. I would see it somewhere in HDMI if is the RPi or HDMI cable or even TV. But its just my guess
Did you look into Interference visible on a HDMI or DVI monitor ?

RE: HD video - white noice - aztech - 3rd Apr, 2014 08:52 PM

(3rd Apr, 2014 03:37 PM)kaamil20 Wrote:  If you can't download it, how are you going to get it? Are you talking about buying a video from somewhere and having them send you the CD / DVD? That's the only way I could see you getting it.

What are you talking about?

(23rd Nov, 2013 09:29 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I would like to see what may cause this issue. To me it looks more like an hardware issue than software. I would see it somewhere in HDMI if is the RPi or HDMI cable or even TV. But its just my guess
Did you look into Interference visible on a HDMI or DVI monitor ?

Sorry to say (not really) but I've not been able to reproduce the problem at all.
I'm now running the latest version with all packages updated and still no issues.