Forum
[DONE] Please read before you post - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: The website (/forum-13.html)
+---- Thread: [DONE] Please read before you post (/thread-1795.html)

Please read before you post - IriDium - 23rd Nov, 2013 02:34 AM

As Xbian is becoming the most popular Media Centre for the RPi, I've noticed a lot more new users who don't seem to grasp the reason for the "Please read before you post" offering.

I was wondering if it would be possible when creating a new thread, to show a "pop up" box asking if they have read the aforesaid article? Obviously, you'd need to check if they have posted before, so only those with posts=0 are offered it.

They may ignore it, but many might not, and thus will provide the necessary information required.

Just a thought - if it's possible, great - if not then I'll only torture 3 defenceless puppies Big Grin

RE: Please read before you post - rikardo1979 - 23rd Nov, 2013 05:20 AM

will have a look into this. to be honest I have had this idea long time ago but somehow we have lost it somewhere Smile

RE: Please read before you post - rikardo1979 - 23rd Nov, 2013 09:07 AM

Done Wink

I have found some myBB plugin and together with Koen we have set it up (mostly him, I was just picking what and how Big Grin )
Thanks @Koenkk for your time and help

This is set to show up to all new users with 5 or less post, so hope it makes life easier Wink

RE: Please read before you post - IriDium - 24th Nov, 2013 12:44 AM

Wow - That was fast - maybe we'll see a few more well documented problems. Ideally, I'd like to see no problems, but alas I live in a real world with real ID Ten Ts.

The Puppies are safe...... for now Big Grin

[attachment=252]

RE: Please read before you post - rikardo1979 - 24th Nov, 2013 12:45 AM

(24th Nov, 2013 12:44 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Wow - That was fast - maybe we'll see a few more well documented problems. Ideally, I'd like to see no problems, but alas I live in a real world with real ID Ten Ts.

The Puppies are safe...... for now Big Grin

lol