Forum
XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Bugs (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread (/thread-182.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - CurlyMo - 21st Dec, 2012 09:36 PM

For users that want to report a bug concerning XBian 1.0 Alpha 4, use this topic.

UPDATE by Koenkk: Please check this thread first before reporting! http://forum.xbian.org/thread-168-post-1498.html#pid1498

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - BartOtten - 1st Jan, 2013 03:43 AM

Updated using xbian-config > update, no problem whatsoever Smile

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - raspberry_pd - 1st Jan, 2013 08:01 AM

I loved this release for several hours. Now: BSOD (Black Screen Of Death).

Was watching my main screen waiting for Xbian to finish scanning media and BAM, screen is dead, black. Haven't had it running since.

Terminal
xbian@xbian:~# sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start
xbian@xbian:~# /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

*sigh*

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - xbinz - 1st Jan, 2013 09:53 AM

I don't know if this is a bug with alpha 3 or alpha four. I am running alpha 3 . when i select the update [5] option from config, i get 'updating package list' and this screen remains with no changes. i tried sudo apt-get update and upgrade. xbian config still shows that it's running alpha 3.

is there any other way to upgrade, or will i have to do a fresh install? thanks

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - doug - 1st Jan, 2013 04:06 PM

1.4 Alpha is working well with one big exception. My sources (pictures, music, home videos, ) aren't remembered after a reboot. I added a Movies source and that source is remembered.

I've added my sources via Samba and NFS and none are remembered. With NFS I've automounted a share in fstab and can see the contents fine with "ls" after rebooting.

P.S.
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Mine is starting with a sick 3 year old. Ugh.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - incubus - 1st Jan, 2013 07:26 PM

I have the same issue with sources not being remembered after a reboot. Added five Samba Movie sources and none of them have been remembered.

EDIT_1: I believe the sources.xml file is set to root:root rather than xbian:xbian, this may be the issue.

EDIT_2: Just changed the owner of the sources.xml file to xbian:xbian and all is now well (after adding the sources again).

Terminal
ssh
sudo chown xbian:xbian .xbmc/userdata/sources.xml

Add sources as per usual XBMC method.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - CurlyMo - 1st Jan, 2013 08:17 PM

You're right, i've updated the update

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - xbmajx - 1st Jan, 2013 09:32 PM

with the Alpha 4, my hdd won't automount. I just got "EXT4-fs (sda1): Unrecognized mount option "gid=1001" or missing value".

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - harvey186 - 1st Jan, 2013 09:36 PM

Hi,

the iTunes Videos from my iPAD doesn't work via airplay. YouTube HD videos are working fine, but my purchased videos from iTunes not. XBIAN is playing no sound and no video.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Pihkal - 1st Jan, 2013 10:08 PM

Hi,

thanks for the new update and happy new year.

My experiences with it:

CON

-the new update crashed once while browsing through my files.
-not a bug but more of an annoyance: the file /etc/lirc/lircd.conf gets renamed to lircd.conf.xbian,which breaks lirc until you rename it back to lircd.conf.
-Youtube login still doesn't work,i don't know if xbian or the plugin is causing it.

Pro:

-Increased framerate of the gui (from 69 to 72)
-Increased general performance.

Greetz

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - raspberry_pd - 1st Jan, 2013 10:58 PM

The resize script is simply unreliable.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - BartOtten - 2nd Jan, 2013 12:19 AM

(1st Jan, 2013 10:58 PM)raspberry_pd Wrote:  The resize script is simply unreliable.

raspberry_pd: Have you downloaded the last edition we uploaded just before release? So far I have 5 times 100% success while installing Pi's with fresh A4's

Update: After he got the image from the link on the frontpage, Raspberry_pd was able to install XBian correctly.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - BartOtten - 2nd Jan, 2013 12:26 AM

(1st Jan, 2013 10:08 PM)Pihkal Wrote:  -not a bug but more of an annoyance: the file /etc/lirc/lircd.conf gets renamed to lircd.conf.xbian,which breaks lirc until you rename it back to lircd.conf.
-Youtube login still doesn't work,i don't know if xbian or the plugin is causing it.

1.) Are you sure there was not a new lircd.conf or did you replace that one with the .conf.xbian?
2.) My bets are on the plugin. Many plugins are reported broken fro Frodo as the maintainers haven't updated them yet or because people use the wrong repositories. Maybe we'll provide an 'XBian Approved' repo in the feature.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - raspberry_pd - 2nd Jan, 2013 03:01 AM

This is not completely true. I think the solution might have been reformatting the SD card with:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

before I flashed the image to it. I had not been doing this.

However the issue of root owning sources.xml is still present in the image I successfully installed, i.e. this one:

http://download.brantje.com/xbian/XBian1.0Alpha4.7z

Otherwise my parition sizing nightmares are ok again and things are looking sweet again, except for a random crash while playing back a rar flie. XBMC front end crashed and this appeared on the command line (since I was lucky enough to have SSH running at the time).

Code:
*** glibc detected *** /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0xa47026e8 ***

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - castalla - 2nd Jan, 2013 04:33 AM

Got various problems with the xbian-config.

Changing the root password appears to work, but setting doesn't stick.

Disabled CEC from the setup - that doesn't stick either.

These settings worked on the alpha 3 !